Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 07:06 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,684,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom3 View Post
Maybe because there are no jobs out there? Who knows.

I would think maybe only 1% of the working population would actually WANT to be on welfare. It's no way to live, you get put up in substandard housing with roaches & rats & less money to live on than a minimum wage job.
Or you can be on welfare and already have 6 kids, get expensive plastic surgery and very expensive fertility treatments and end up with 8 more kids.

The Octomom is a perfect symbol of welfare life in this country today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2009, 07:09 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,032,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
OK, I am ready for the attack from the Liberals but I really would like an answer.

Why is it that perfectly healthy people just don't work? They have babies and that is their excuse for not working? Generation after generation just stay dependent on the Government for handouts. The government just keeps picking the pockets of those of us who do work so we can support these moochers.

Now I know Welfare DOES have it's place. And there are cases that it is necessary but a LARGE portion of it is handouts and our government is encouraging states to have more people on Welfare???? WHY?????

They want control. If they give them handouts then the moochers will keep voting them in office.

I went to Walmart one day and stood in line behind several ladies who all bad multiple babies and 2 were pregnant again. I noticed that the one in front of me had about 8 cans of vanilla room spray, 2 boxes of those popsicles in a bag, 4 boxes of lemon pies and chips. She gets rung up and it was $78, she pulls out what I thought was her "bank card" and swipes it. Suddenly her bill dropped down to $53 and she pulls out cash to pay for her cart of junk. I later found out it is just another perk from Welfare that they get discounted amounts and the Govt picks up the discounted amount.

So what the food stamps won't cover, they now have programs to help with that too.

They don't know how to work but they sure know how to reproduce.
Are you always so inquisitive and nosey about other people and their business or is it selective?

Old 02-16-2009, 07:10 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,684,110 times
Quote:
I understand what you meant. Here in Florida, there are 14 yr old kids bringing their BABIES on the school bus!!!!!

People don't get it. This is spiraling out of control and how long can we keep borrowing from other countries to bail us out?

Now The Stimulus is rewarding states who let more people onto welfare. This is not a temp. thing...this is going to go on and on...China is already saying " we do not like you, you are de-valuing your dollar". They will own us and then what? That is a country who they are told how many children they can have! I wonder how that will work out here? Well, at least the Chinese respect and care for their Elders
Same here, they actually have day care centers on high school campuses, there are girls still in high school with 3 children. It's common to see a woman drop off a pre-school or kindergarden child and then drive over to the high school to drop off the child's mother.

Welfare is huge business in this region. Unwed teen pregnancy is on the rise because for many people, living off welfare is all they want. They never have to go to work, they are given nice housing, better and bigger if they only produce more babies, they get far more in food stamps to spend on food than the average working person has, then there is WIC, health care with no co-pay, completely free. When their children get free meals at Head Start, the free babysitting services they have, they don't have any cuts in their food stamps and WIC.

For those who love to lay around all day watching cable television, there's nothing better than the welfare life.

Old 02-16-2009, 07:16 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,582,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Or you can be on welfare and already have 6 kids, get expensive plastic surgery and very expensive fertility treatments and end up with 8 more kids.

No she isn't - come on - be fair...

She is a slime-ball - no doubt about it.. I visited her web site yesterday - and it is purely setup to enable people to contribute to her welfare - she takes all major credit cards...

She got $165,000 settlement for a supposed back-injury, and blew thru that - and is now cranking out octuplets purely for financial reasons - to get the gullible private sympathizers to contribute and to make her wealthy - and to get her expenses picked up by the public.

She is a despicable excuse for a human being....

I wonder if she'll even lift a finger to care for the kids...

I really think they are her 'gravy train' in her mind.

But don't put her out there as a Welfare Poster Child - because she is not.

Old 02-16-2009, 07:21 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,514,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Any post that starts out with "I'm ready for an an attack by "X" was written simply so that "X" group would attack.
Don't feed the trolls, people.

Sounds a lot like things I'd hear in the South. "Now, I'm not against coloreds, mind you but...."
Yeah, you are. And your're about to launch into some racist tirade.

And generalizing the south is a lot like things I'd hear in the liberal-hippy northwest.

Old 02-16-2009, 07:25 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,582,805 times
Quote:
Same here, they actually have day care centers on high school campuses, there are girls still in high school with 3 children. It's common to see a woman drop off a pre-school or kindergarden child and then drive over to the high school to drop off the child's mother.

Welfare is huge business in this region. Unwed teen pregnancy is on the rise because for many people, living off welfare is all they want. They never have to go to work, they are given nice housing, better and bigger if they only produce more babies, they get far more in food stamps to spend on food than the average working person has, then there is WIC, health care with no co-pay, completely free. When their children get free meals at Head Start, the free babysitting services they have, they don't have any cuts in their food stamps and WIC.

For those who love to lay around all day watching cable television, there's nothing better than the welfare life.
I actually think that day-care centers at high-school makes a lot of sense.

It allows the young mother to continue her education..

Did you stop to think that if she drops out - she will most likely be dependent upon welfare for the rest of her life? And that will cost far more than the day care center.

Education is the most important (and least expensive) thing that society can give people to turn them into productive, self sufficient citizens - and taxpayers.

Old 02-16-2009, 07:33 AM

425 posts, read 1,093,085 times
Quote:

Octomom is a seriously delusional person who's brain is operating in an alternate universe. The doctor who implanted those embryos should be locked up, and those kids need to be taken away for their own good.

I think the more common frustration is what so many of us see all the time: a family of able-bodied people who refuse to work, have a cigarette in one hand and a Big Gulp in the other every time you see them, and are a big bunch of lazy do-nothings. They usually live like slobs, which makes me crazy mad because just because you're poor, it doesn't mean you need to have crap all over your yard.

Old 02-16-2009, 07:34 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,456,406 times
No government ever voluntarily reduces itself in size. Government programs, once launched, never disappear. Actually, a government bureau is the nearest thing to eternal life we'll ever see on this earth!

Old 02-16-2009, 08:02 AM

1,653 posts, read 4,296,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Are you always so inquisitive and nosey about other people and their business or is it selective?
Maybe you should have paid closer attention to my post. I am a Pharmacist so I deal with these welfare people all day. Them being on welfare IS my business. I have to get all their things paid for, for them. Someone has to sign for it to get submitted to the sytem. That would be me. IT'S MY JOB. I am not just being nosey!

I get to care for the patients who have babies hanging off them and don't work and have been on welfare all their life and get everything paid for. I also get to care for the Senior who worked their whole life, paid taxes, paid into social security and now have to stand a the counter with $1.53 in change buying 2 heart pills because their Social Security check isn't there yet. They get no help. They have to choose between their can of Spam or their heart medication. That is flat out WRONG and we as a society have failed.

We have failed because people like you who attack people like me who question WHY this is happening.

Old 02-16-2009, 08:07 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,456,814 times
Quote:
OK, I am ready for the attack from the Liberals but I really would like an answer.

Why is it that perfectly healthy people just don't work? They have babies and that is their excuse for not working? Generation after generation just stay dependent on the Government for handouts. The government just keeps picking the pockets of those of us who do work so we can support these moochers.

Now I know Welfare DOES have it's place. And there are cases that it is necessary but a LARGE portion of it is handouts and our government is encouraging states to have more people on Welfare???? WHY?????

They want control. If they give them handouts then the moochers will keep voting them in office.

I went to Walmart one day and stood in line behind several ladies who all bad multiple babies and 2 were pregnant again. I noticed that the one in front of me had about 8 cans of vanilla room spray, 2 boxes of those popsicles in a bag, 4 boxes of lemon pies and chips. She gets rung up and it was $78, she pulls out what I thought was her "bank card" and swipes it. Suddenly her bill dropped down to $53 and she pulls out cash to pay for her cart of junk. I later found out it is just another perk from Welfare that they get discounted amounts and the Govt picks up the discounted amount.

So what the food stamps won't cover, they now have programs to help with that too.

They don't know how to work but they sure know how to reproduce.
Maybe permanent forced sterilization should be a condition of receiving any welfare if you already have more than two kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies