Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 08:31 AM

1,653 posts, read 4,299,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Maybe permanent forced sterilization should be a condition of receiving any welfare if you already have more than two kids.
Well I can just imagine what the liberals would say about that. But I do think they need to get a job. If they are physically able to, then they need to work.

These people who can work should be going to a Gov't center and working to earn their food stamps and welfare checks.

I bet if they had to work for it, you would see more people actually looking for jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2009, 08:38 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,468,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
Well I can just imagine what the liberals would say about that. But I do think they need to get a job. If they are physically able to, then they need to work.

These people who can work should be going to a Gov't center and working to earn their food stamps and welfare checks.

I bet if they had to work for it, you would see more people actually looking for jobs.
I know that law would never pass..just what I'd personally like to see happen. I support welfare...to an extent. But people who work the system like this are ridiculous. I've even heard of women having kids purposefully to get more government money.

I agree that they should have to do some type of work to get the payments...maybe picking up trash along the highway or landscaping public parks, cleaning restrooms in public buildings and schools, etc. The government could save a lot of taxpayer's money by doing this since they would no longer have to hire janitors, etc.

Old 02-16-2009, 08:56 AM

Quote:
I know that law would never pass..just what I'd personally like to see happen. I support welfare...to an extent. But people who work the system like this are ridiculous. I've even heard of women having kids purposefully to get more government money.

I agree that they should have to do some type of work to get the payments...maybe picking up trash along the highway or landscaping public parks, cleaning restrooms in public buildings and schools, etc. The government could save a lot of taxpayer's money by doing this since they would no longer have to hire janitors, etc.
Oh don't get me wrong, I agree with you 100% I have always said if you are on Welfare and you get pregnant again, then you should be cut off. No excuses. There are NO excuses today to get pregnant if you don't want it. AND all of these are availble FREE to welfare people. So there are NO accidents.

They should be picking up trash, cleaning toilets,etc. If we cut down on these people, then for the people who REALLY need it, could actually get more.

The can get everything paid for including day care and college and let's face it, today you can get a degree online from just about evey college you can think of. So there are no excuses for not getting an education either.

Every person either pays into the pot, or they take from the pot. But when the takers get to the numbers we reaching, serious problems will arise. The pot is going to be empty soon. Then what? Squeeze more from the payers? Where does it end?

Old 02-16-2009, 09:01 AM

1,465 posts, read 4,060,974 times
Quote:
OK, I am ready for the attack from the Liberals but I really would like an answer.

Why is it that perfectly healthy people just don't work? They have babies and that is their excuse for not working? Generation after generation just stay dependent on the Government for handouts. The government just keeps picking the pockets of those of us who do work so we can support these moochers.

Now I know Welfare DOES have it's place. And there are cases that it is necessary but a LARGE portion of it is handouts and our government is encouraging states to have more people on Welfare???? WHY?????

They want control. If they give them handouts then the moochers will keep voting them in office.

I went to Walmart one day and stood in line behind several ladies who all bad multiple babies and 2 were pregnant again. I noticed that the one in front of me had about 8 cans of vanilla room spray, 2 boxes of those popsicles in a bag, 4 boxes of lemon pies and chips. She gets rung up and it was $78, she pulls out what I thought was her "bank card" and swipes it. Suddenly her bill dropped down to $53 and she pulls out cash to pay for her cart of junk. I later found out it is just another perk from Welfare that they get discounted amounts and the Govt picks up the discounted amount.

So what the food stamps won't cover, they now have programs to help with that too.

They don't know how to work but they sure know how to reproduce.

welfare checks will stop when U.S. jobs will no longer be outsourced off-shore, when excecutive will no longer be able to get away with financial murder, when wars based on "reliable" intel will not longer be justified.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar31 View Post
welfare checks will stop when U.S. jobs will no longer be outsourced off-shore, when excecutive will no longer be able to get away with financial murder, when wars based on "reliable" intel will not longer be justified.
I beg to differ. This problem has been going on a lot longer then jobs were being outsourced. Trust me, these people have no intention of working. You really can't understand the magnitude of this unless you work with welfare people. True there are some that want to work but those people get off of it and find jobs. The people who I am talking about are 4th, 5th, 6th generation welfare participants. So it has nothing to do with an IT job being sent to India. This has to do with them being raised with the mentality of entitlement.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:21 AM

1,465 posts, read 4,060,974 times
Quote:
I beg to differ. This problem has been going on a lot longer then jobs were being outsourced. Trust me, these people have no intention of working. You really can't understand the magnitude of this unless you work with welfare people. True there are some that want to work but those people get off of it and find jobs. The people who I am talking about are 4th, 5th, 6th generation welfare participants. So it has nothing to do with an IT job being sent to India. This has to do with them being raised with the mentality of entitlement.

In this case, severe punishment ought to be inflicted to fraudulent recipients, then others will revise their state of mind.
Regards,

Old 02-16-2009, 09:22 AM

1,006 posts, read 736,002 times
The handouts will stop as soon as politicians stop campaigning with the "We feel your pain" angle. As soon as people realize that they have less in common with politicians than they think, the better off we will be. Yes we still need a government to preserve a civilized society and prevent anarchy but at the sa,e time we do not need them controlling every aspect of out lives. I wish Michael Steele would run in 2012.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:32 AM

1,599 posts, read 2,949,180 times
Quote:
Maybe permanent forced sterilization should be a condition of receiving any welfare if you already have more than two kids.
Yet, no one could see why or how the wicked Pelosi could propose making birth control free or more affordable. Are you people beginning to see the light?? It could save millions of dollars, generation after generation. I say that a free pack ought to be included with every welfare check. We should stuff more in their mailboxes and drop more from planes. OK, maybe not, but I feel strongly that all forms of birth control should be readily available to all, from puberty on and especially in the most rural areas, where availability is far too scarce.. Oh yeah, and voluntary sterilization for men and women SHOULD be covered under medicaid. The cost of birth control has skyrocketed in the past few years and the cost is about $60 monthly. Right now, there are a generation of young women who were on the pill but have quit because it has become too expensive...... Stay tuned for the next rise in teenage pregnancy.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:47 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
Since you're such an expert on Welfare why haven't you looked up how much it costs compared to the cost of wars, how much profit Halliburton made, and Wall Street Welfare Queens cost the taxpayers.

Didn't your Jesus say that the poor will always be with us???

Did he say anything about kindness or charity or compassion for those who aren't as perfect as yourself?

You can ignore my posts all you want but your lack of knowledge and understanding of real life is unbelievable....please keep hating those less fortunate ...Zantac is OTC....

Old 02-16-2009, 09:50 AM

2,593 posts, read 4,240,598 times
I think welfare would be reduced a lot if we can create more jobs. Around here a call center was wanting to hire 12 customer service reps part-time for $8.50/hr. They got 800 applicants. That's how bad the job market is right now. Just a few years ago when things were on the up and up, they would have been lucky to get enough applications for each position.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies