Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 06:17 PM

1,653 posts, read 1,170,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Of course, to liberals, those who are successful are "greedy."
Quote:
Just remember how many people those "greedy" ones employed during the 1980s.
Yep they put all the moms to work. How's junior doing?

As for a fair tax rate, I am not a liberal (thank God!), so I can't answer the question.
How many illegals did they employ? How big was the bonus they took while the company was going under? How many ruined there company for the bottom line of the next quarter that there bonus was based on. How many sold weapons to US enemies for a bigger bonus?

You know just jimmy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2009, 06:31 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,859,732 times
I don't think there should be any tax on labor in this country. we have so many taxes that deal with the various needs... roads, health issues, SS, and so forth. I'm of the belief it was never ratified by the needed states and has always been unconstitutional. There are NO laws indicating we have to file a tax return, Only a show of force and threat if we don't. The taxes go to nothing more than federal debt which we can eliminate to some degree with removing the Federal Reserve system and making the money we print and issue to banks a Federal Government operation, not one of private banks we get charged for.

Old 02-23-2009, 07:00 PM

68 posts, read 111,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Why shouldn't the Corporations collect and pay over to the Government, a flat tax on the sale of stock?

I'm not a CPA, but I look at stock purchases the same as if cars, houses or jewelry.

Further, I think banks should pay that same flat tax on all interest payments received as that being the premium sold to the borrower.

Same with the sale of insurance.
It's obvious you have no concept of corporate tax code.

Why would corporations pay a tax on the sale of their own stock? What do you even mean by this exactly? An equity offering? That's not taxable since it's not income. Do you mean third-party sales of stock between people? That doesn't even involve the corporation itself, and income from such transactions are already taxed as capital gains on individual tax returns.

Banks (and other corporations) already pay taxes on interest income at their corporate tax rate (~35%).

You act as if corporations are completely distinct from people. People own corporations. The income corporations earn is distributed to their owners (shareholders) eventually. Corporations pay taxes when they earn income. That income is taxed a second time (i.e. double taxation) when it is distributed to shareholders in either in the form of capital gains or dividends.

Old 02-23-2009, 07:05 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandclaire89 View Post
I'd like to ask all the liberals out there what percentage rate of ones incomes should be taxed...is it 10%, 20%, 50%, 80%...etc..The reason I ask is that it seems no matter how high the tax rate is increased...your always complaining that its not enough...so I'm just curious what you liberals think is fair tax rate...
Why don't you just go to work and stop whining and crying about tax rates that are actually lower than most Westernized countries????

Apply your time and efforts to making more money if it is so important to you.

I swear grown men turn into little babies when it comes to paying the bills..............Stop being a dead beat and pay your bills.

Old 02-24-2009, 11:08 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettys View Post
It's obvious you have no concept of corporate tax code.
Oh, but I do.

Quote:
Why would corporations pay a tax on the sale of their own stock?
Its called a sales tax.

Quote:
What do you even mean by this exactly? An equity offering? That's not taxable since it's not income.
I'm talking sales tax - not an income tax. Get rid of Income tax. Got it?

Quote:
Do you mean third-party sales of stock between people?
Them too!

Quote:
That doesn't even involve the corporation itself, and income from such transactions are already taxed as capital gains on individual tax returns.
I really don't like the game that evolves around the word, "income". Like I said, I don't like "income taxes" and I want them gone.

And, I don't like capital gains taxes - not one bit! I want them gone.

Quote:
Banks (and other corporations) already pay taxes on interest income at their corporate tax rate (~35%).
It should be a flat rate.

Quote:
You act as if corporations are completely distinct from people.
A Corporation does not have a brain - it is a piece of paper (Charter) having State-granted privileges. A "people" has rights.

Quote:
People own corporations. The income corporations earn is distributed to their owners (shareholders) eventually. Corporations pay taxes when they earn income. That income is taxed a second time (i.e. double taxation) when it is distributed to shareholders in either in the form of capital gains or dividends.
Sounds like you really like that tax system.

Most likely, you are a CPA.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/michi...ml#post6974268

Last edited by ergohead; 02-25-2009 at 12:35 AM..

Old 02-25-2009, 02:27 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimw144 View Post
How many illegals did they employ? How big was the bonus they took while the company was going under? How many ruined there company for the bottom line of the next quarter that there bonus was based on. How many sold weapons to US enemies for a bigger bonus?

You know just jimmy
What are you talking about?
Do you really think that all employers did what you described above during the '80s?

Old 02-25-2009, 10:28 AM

513 posts, read 647,016 times
If anything we should focus taxes on wealthy people ($20 million per year and up) and poor people, more specifically the deadbeats who demand public resources should be punished - not the middle class. The biggest tax breaks should go for the middle class, leading up to right under $20 million.

Old 02-25-2009, 10:31 AM

513 posts, read 647,016 times
It seems to me, at least, that after $20 million those people become dissassociated with society and don't understand the needs of the common person and they turn weird and liberal. So tax them 50%. There's only so many houses, cars, jets, etc. that they can buy.

Old 02-25-2009, 10:56 AM

39,870 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Eliminate income tax all together and go with a national sales tax on all new products, no exceptions. 5% across the board.

Old 02-25-2009, 10:57 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,742,256 times
The discussion is rather silly actually. We could spend infinity trying to define "fair" without ever coming to a concensus, because the term is completely arbitrary. If anyone truly believes that they can define such a term with regard to taxation or anything else, they should check themselves into a mental institution. But if we are just slinging around opinions I am in!

Here are my personal definitions of possible "fair" taxation schemes.

1. Take the total expenditure of the government. Divide it by the number of citizens. Ship out the bills to the subjects. (Of course parents would be responsible for their children's shares ) "But then nobody could afford to pay that bill! *tears*" LOL...That just says that our government spends too much, not that it is "unfair".

2. Create a flat-sales tax (no other taxes) percentage. Then restrict the government to only spend the previous year's intake. Note: The evil rich pay more than everyone else in this plan. WooHoo!

3. Bill everyone according to the services that they received. "But the parasites can't pay it back! *whaa!* This just demonstrates the bad investment that social programs are in reality, again this has nothing to do with "fairness."

And now back to your regularly scheduled program...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies