Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 05:34 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,788,452 times

Advertisements

A guy claims to have found some Public Records from Lee County, Florida.

Property Records Of Henrietta Hughes | Sweetness & Light

The account he lists here, seems to say that the woman purchased three lots in that county in June and August 2001.

She got a building permit in October 2001 to build a structure on one of them, and got a mortgage for $124K to do the building, on the same day. The bank started to foreclose in July 2003, but the full amount was paid that October, and full ownership was granted to Henrietta and her son Corey.

Henrietta sold one of the other lots in June 2005, and then transferred ownership of the third lot to her son Corey in August 2006.

The guy says he was unable to find any other public records of sales or transfers for either of the two remaining lots - the one Henrietta got the permit and money to build on, and the one she transferred to her son. If the records are complete, then apparently she and her son still own both lots today.

If this account is true, then it doesn't quite square with her telling President Obama on national TV that she was "homeless".

Anyone know a way to find out if they are true or false?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2009, 05:36 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,281,581 times
Lord, girl. You really have too much time on your hands.

Old 02-24-2009, 05:44 PM

3,150 posts, read 8,720,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Lord, girl. You really have too much time on your hands.
Her 94 posts compared to your 4100+... Hypocrisy.

Old 02-24-2009, 05:45 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,281,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
Her 94 posts compared to your 4100+... Hypocrisy.
How flattering that you went to the trouble to search out my number of posts.

I don't spend my time trying to dig up dirt on elderly women.

Old 02-24-2009, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
How flattering that you went to the trouble to search out my number of posts.

I don't spend my time trying to dig up dirt on elderly women.
Are you trying to spin or just plain blind? I can see how many times you've posted every time you post! In your 4100+ posts you have never noticed that???

Old 02-24-2009, 05:50 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,571,018 times
JTraik, MovingForward has also been on this forum for 2 years compared to the OP who has only been on since January of this year. Big difference. Anyway,to the OP, I haven't read the article or researched it all, but if that's the case, that really sucks. I wonder why someone would lie about being homeless? It's not exactly something to be proud of. Interesting.

Old 02-24-2009, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
JTraik, MovingForward has also been on this forum for 2 years compared to the OP who has only been on since January of this year. Big difference.
Unlike the OP, Mr. Forward is clearly habitual in his postings over the span of multiple years, furthermore to be so engaged in posting on these forums it is required that one has much "free time". So for him to make any type of serious accusation on someone having too much time on there hands is absolutely ludicrous or just a tactic to deflect the objective of the OP by pointing out trivial details.

Old 02-24-2009, 06:01 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,864,594 times
Why would someone lie? Why does anyone lie? To get something in return... is it so shocking? I have heard of people pretending to be homeless and panhandle even though they live in a wealthy neighborhood... Apparently she wants money and likes what Obama has to offer in his policies cause she can and WILL abuse it... like many others who are waiting on the sidelines... not that you should feel any animosity towards her... I am telling EVERYONE the loopholes and how to abuse it.. I am going bankrupt stupid policies... teach the nation a lesson..

Old 02-24-2009, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
Unlike the OP, Mr. Forward is clearly habitual in his postings over the span of multiple years, furthermore to be so engaged in posting on these forums it is required that one has much "free time". So for him to make any type of serious accusation on someone having too much time on there hands is absolutely ludicrous or just a tactic to deflect the objective of the OP by pointing out trivial details.
Well, I'm not arguing over the amount of posts. Clearly, all of us regulars post quite often & obviously we do it when we're at work too. I think his post was more in line w/taking the time to research something that I for one thought nothing about & let it pass. I guess it was more of an insignificance so he was most likely surprised that someone would look into it more.

Old 02-24-2009, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Why would someone lie? Why does anyone lie? To get something in return... is it so shocking? I have heard of people pretending to be homeless and panhandle even though they live in a wealthy neighborhood... Apparently she wants money and likes what Obama has to offer in his policies cause she can and WILL abuse it... like many others who are waiting on the sidelines...
No, I agree people will lie about the damnest things. I'm just surprised that a regular citizen who clearly voted for him would lie straight to the face of someone they voted for. I for one would worry if I lied to the president, as a civilian, & that got back to him & he remembered it....I'd feel ashamed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies