Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2009, 07:31 PM

1,653 posts, read 1,174,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Prove that? Link please?
Off Wing Opinion: Limbaugh Out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2009, 07:38 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,351,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Oh yeah, I meant to add...If you don't like the "O" tough! He would not have been elected in the first place if your beloved Bush and Company had not screwed up in the first place!

As far as I'm (and most of America/World) is concerned at least he is trying to fix the mess the previous clowns messed up

The economy was just fine until the liberals took control of congress in 2007.
Everything has went to hell since then.

They have now controlled congress for 2 1/2 years. How much more time do they need to fix all those things Pelosi and Reid promised they would fix?

2 years and now Obama they have TOTAL control and we are going backwards with them running things.

No one is perfect but Rush is so darn right on most things it is funny to see the libs squirm when he calls things week, months and years in advance.

He said Obama would destroy our economy and he was right on. He said Obama is promising to run a solid transparent government but he will spent more money then we have and will cover up more then he lets known. So far, he was right at that one.

He said Obama will not close Gitmo like he promised in the time frame he promised, Rush was right on that also. ( no excuses, liberals congrol congress and could get it done in weeks )

Rush said Obama promised to buckle down on illegals, so far he has open the flood gates for them and might as well post signs at the Mexican border to come on over.

Obama promised 600,000 new jobs, Rush said he will lose more jobs then he creates with his tax and spend policies, so far Rush was dead on.

I know why libs hate the man so much, he has your number and is dead on right calling all the next moves the libs and Obama come up with.

Listen to him, he will amaze you with his predictions of things that are a month or more away.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimw144 View Post

So he was not fired then as the poster stated, and still says his comments were NOT racist.

I found his comments and they are not racist at all.

Just another white person who makes a comment that is not racist and everyone gets all tingled up.

By the way, Rush was only doing that show as he loves football and is a huge fan. Like he cares!

Like he needs work, the guy is a multi millionaire or did you not know that?

He calls things as he sees them and his comments were not racist at all.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
.....What a fool believes.... Bush and company screwed up the country long before Obama even decided to run, come to think about it if they didn't he proably would not have run.

Bytheway ....quit swinging on Rush's Johnson like tarzan!

No, the country was fine until Nancy and Harry took over in 2007.

They have had total control for 2 1/2 years and look what has happened since then. Now add Obama to the team and we are looking at depression like economy under the liberals control.

Way to go libs, give you the total control and look what has happened to us.

Old 06-09-2009, 08:27 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,038,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBoughton View Post
Rush is first and foremost a phony who gives red meat to the audience, and even those who violently disagree with him listen now and then (for as long as we can stomach) wondering what's going to come out of his mouth next.

If the liberals were as rabid as some of you think they are, Rush would be your biggest enemy. For he'd be rallying the liberals about the evils of conservatism and "conservative" would practically be a swear word.

Because Rush goes for where the money is.

He's the most one-sided host I've ever heard. I've never, never, never heard him say anything positive about a well-intended liberal idea; it's always wrong or evil just because "it's liberal". And in equal measure, he rarely says anything critical about conservative ideas.

I have no idea what he said. Unlike all of you freeloaders who are probably sitting at home drinking the cheap beer that you cashed with your welfare checks, I had to work today.
My, my! Rush has certainly crept into that little mellon of yers!

Oh and just fyi. Rush doesn't like liberal ideas. He likes conservative ideas. He's a conservative. Liberal ideas (for the last say 60 years) are not quite what the founding fathers had in mind.

Sorry you sound so miserable at your job. I work out of my home, enjoy listening to Rush at the same time.

Old 06-09-2009, 09:26 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,064,909 times
Quote:
How big is Rush's staff?

Old 06-09-2009, 09:34 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,361,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
He is so darn good even the liberals listen to him!!!

One has to keep track of the devil........

Old 06-09-2009, 10:04 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,958,502 times
"Do you want the United States government running and designing car companies? Do you want this? Do you want two million jobs lost since he took office (1.8 million to be precise?) Do you want an unemployment rate of over 10%? Do you want an economy that some would describe as "as bad as the Great Depression"? Is that what you wanted?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obama
Our first job is to put people back to work and get our economy working again. This is an extraordinary challenge, which is why I've taken the extraordinary step of working, even before I take office, with my economic team and leaders of both parties on an American Recovery and Reinvestment Plan that will call for major investments to revive our economy, create jobs, and lay a solid foundation for future growth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rush
It was an extraordinary plan. He's exactly right. It was extraordinary in that Pelosi and Reid wrote it. Let us not forget. Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi wrote his plan. The Republicans were shut out. They were not involved in writing the plan. Nobody read the plan after it was written. Millions of jobs have been lost since Obama's revival plan was passed. Is what we're seeing today what he meant by "a solid foundation"?
This was already posted: YouTube - Part 1 Rush Limbaugh: Obama is Destroying the Economy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=in1Ao...565C5B&index=0

Someone asked about Rush's ratings. Arbitron, the people who measure radio audiences, are strict about their copyrights and datum use. Point: you cannot quote their numbers. However, mining their data/ratings indicate that The Rush Limbaugh Show has a minimum weekly audience of over 13.5 million listeners, making it the largest radio talk show audience in the United States. And Limbaugh just scored a $400M contract w/ Clear Channel ("the biggest contract in terrestrial radio history"): Limbaugh's $400 Million Contract Is an Even Match for Clear Channel's Layoffs | Media and Technology | AlterNet

Last edited by mossomo; 06-09-2009 at 10:14 PM..

Old 06-09-2009, 11:53 PM

8,275 posts, read 12,896,450 times
why did he lay silent when Bush did his damage to the economy? and now its all Obama's fault... go figure... Rush go take some more Oxycotin it will keep those thoughts lucid, not accurate but lucid. And people listen to his crap why?

Old 06-10-2009, 01:07 AM

2,404 posts, read 3,958,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
why did he lay silent when Bush did his damage to the economy?
Explain? How so? CRA? Subprime? Dmg to economy. Oh, you mean the price paid for killing evil men and liberating Iraqis & Afgans.

Obama promised my mom and a huge portion of the middle that he'd lead left of middle in partisanship and would go back to the day of clinton's positive budget deficits. What does he do, more deficit spending and nationalizes an American Corporation Icon.

When will you hold your messiah accountable? At what point do you stop living in the past tense. What date do you feel it is reasonably fair to say that our economic prosperity is in the hands of team Obama, his czars, the Dem controlled Congress and their policy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies