Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2009, 03:24 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,172,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
He also GIVES away GM vehicles to certain callers.
How much do you want to bet the next time he does that is the day GM pays off their govt bill.

That's what I'd do if were I he.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2009, 03:24 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Lol, Instapundit had to be updated, too. It's no accident Rush was on about it today: in his passive-aggressive way he absolutely *was* calling for one as was the crazy RW radio woman: dont be fooled, this is an orchestrated plan.
The Detroit Bureau reports that an idea seems to be picking up some cachet on the right-wing blogs and in talk radio: Fighting the "Government Motors" bailout by boycotting the company. Most of it so far is limited to relatively little-known writers, but two big names have picked up on it: Hugh Hewitt, who wants to save free enterprise -- and Rush Limbaugh, who wants anything President Obama does to fail, and is urging his listeners to help push towards that goal.

"In the effort to reverse this lurch beyond the farthest left fringe of previous Democratic statist urges, individual Americans have a role to play. They have to say no to GM products and services until such time as the denationalization occurs," says Hugh Hewitt. He acknowledges that this is a serious step that could hurt people currently working for GM: "But there isn't any alternative, every dollar spent with GM is a dollar spent against free enterprise. Every car or truck purchased from Government Motors is one not purchased from a private car company that competes fairly against all other car companies."

Right-Wingers To Boycott GM? | TPMDC
Sorry, that doesnt even say that Rush is supporting a boycott.. Again, do you not know the difference between discussing a call for a boycott, and actually supporting a boycott? Hell Rushs biggest sponsor is GM, why the hell would he support boycotting a company that pays his $400 MILLION contract.. That would be rediculously stupid..

Old 06-10-2009, 03:25 PM

3,564 posts, read 5,517,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
How much do you want to bet the next time he does that is the day GM pays off their govt bill.

That's what I'd do if were I he.

I dunno. I cant listen to him more than a 1/2 hr or so at a time before I switch over to sports talk.

But I could see him start to give out Fords instead.

Old 06-10-2009, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
I dunno. I cant listen to him more than a 1/2 hr or so at a time before I switch over to sports talk.

But I could see him start to give out Fords instead.
Ford isnt one of his sponsors, GM is..

Old 06-10-2009, 03:26 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,868,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2flyy View Post
Rush Limbaugh has called for a boycott of GM to spite Barack Obama!
How can any sensible person (liberal or conservative) NOT see this Lunatic for what he is....A rambling blind one-sided cry baby!

How the heck do you wish more job losses and more heartache for Americans just to stick it to the President?

I'm sorry you lose all respect and credibility when all you stand by is that everything George W Bush did was great and every single thing Obama does or has done is evil and the worst thing for America....
C'mon!

Anyone care to explain the rationale behind this insanity?

DailyTech - Rush Limbaugh, Bloggers Tell Americans to Boycott GM

No one needs to call for a boycott of GM. With majority government ownership, GM will die from the inside. Think GM quality has sucked in the past? Just get ready. GM can reorganize all it wants and GM can be Obama's toy.....the writing is on the wall for GM's future and it isn't pretty.

Old 06-10-2009, 03:27 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,685,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
over the past 15 to 20 years, GM has been making junk. Light tinny wanna-be transportation.
My H3 and I disagree with you. We're happy together.

Old 06-10-2009, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Sorry, that doesnt even say that Rush is supporting a boycott.. Again, do you not know the difference between discussing a call for a boycott, and actually supporting a boycott? Hell Rushs biggest sponsor is GM, why the hell would he support boycotting a company that pays his $400 MILLION contract.. That would be rediculously stupid..
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
All I did was copy and past from ANOTHER posters link HERE, which NO WHERE proclaims that in the ACTUAL TRANSCRIPT a support of a boycott. Its hard to support a boycott if your out buying the products.

Since your obviously BLIND to the point that you dont care about ACCURACY, and then you want to talk about craziness...
He's pushing it passive-aggressively, as is his vile style. He's promoting it and I'll bet you he talks about it tomorrow, too. Also Faux will have spokespeople for it on.

It's a concerted plan, Im telling you.

Old 06-10-2009, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
My H3 and I disagree with you. We're happy together.
Ahh but Hummers are no longer "GM", or they wont be soon..

Old 06-10-2009, 03:29 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,846,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2flyy View Post
Rush Limbaugh has called for a boycott of GM to spite Barack Obama!
How can any sensible person (liberal or conservative) NOT see this Lunatic for what he is....A rambling blind one-sided cry baby!

How the heck do you wish more job losses and more heartache for Americans just to stick it to the President?

I'm sorry you lose all respect and credibility when all you stand by is that everything George W Bush did was great and every single thing Obama does or has done is evil and the worst thing for America....
C'mon!

Anyone care to explain the rationale behind this insanity?

DailyTech - Rush Limbaugh, Bloggers Tell Americans to Boycott GM

it's a free country. I will never buy a GM (government motors) product.

Old 06-10-2009, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
No one needs to call for a boycott of GM. With majority government ownership, GM will die from the inside. Think GM quality has sucked in the past? Just get ready. GM can reorganize all it wants and GM can be Obama's toy.....the writing is on the wall for GM's future and it isn't pretty.
You dont think the government will encourage them to make competitive products and run a tighter ship?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies