Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 08:41 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaana View Post
what does this have to do with the reality of forcing people to have children that are unwanted?

i am not judging the children. again, you are mistaken as they had no choice in the matter. of course! though i do believe those negative characteristics have a high chance of being passed on.

why do we also lock up criminals or sex offenders or murderers? do we make excuses and let them out because it may not be their fault they were born with those characteristics or it was nurtured in some way? no

so you think it's better for innocent children to know they were UNWANTED living in an institution without their REAL parents while waiting to be adopted?
LOL
Well, you made your point about at least one abortion that could have prevented some douche-ish behavior, but luckily (for you if not for society) your parents didn't go that route

Nonetheless adoptees do tend to prefer being alive then dead --- 'real' parents not withstanding.

As to your remarks about letting child molesters go?! Were you really trying to equate an adopted child to a child molester? Really?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2009, 08:48 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,564,801 times
the real issue becomes why do men put women in such a precarious position that abortion is the only choice? Sex is a responsibility.

Old 03-08-2009, 08:54 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,532,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
"""""""" Abortion has become such a polorizing political football that even some of us most ardent prolifers have become jaded and tiresome of the same old arguments back and forth where no new ground seems to be gained from either side.""""""""""

SO GET A CLUE.....

Abortion is legal , end of discussion.

Now, do you really think that showing the "icky" pictures will change minds?

How childish! Are we supposed to go, "Oh, , Blood n' icky stuff, , never seen THAT before! EEk!
Do you really think a legal ruling should end the discussion? With that logic slavery would still be legal.

Old 03-08-2009, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
the real issue becomes why do men put women in such a precarious position that abortion is the only choice? Sex is a responsibility.
Who says abortion is the only choice? Far from it.

Old 03-08-2009, 08:57 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
There is no male birth control pill. Vasectomies are difficult to reverse. Blame Mother Nature for placing the burden of pregnancy on the women.

I shudder to think what the quality of life would be on our planet if there was no form of birth control at all and if humans had no understanding of the science of procreation.

Old 03-08-2009, 09:01 PM

"I would like those who put women through this horror to experience first hand the agonizing pain these women feel"

Could I change just two words?

"I would like those who put babies through this horror to expeierience first hand the agonizing pain these babies feel"

There. Now it's perfect.

Old 03-08-2009, 09:02 PM

814 posts, read 2,307,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Well, you made your point about at least one abortion that could have prevented some douche-ish behavior, but luckily (for you if not for society) your parents didn't go that route

Nonetheless adoptees do tend to prefer being alive then dead --- 'real' parents not withstanding.

As to your remarks about letting child molesters go?! Were you really trying to equate an adopted child to a child molester? Really?
how do you know how all adoptees feel? [mod]
it's interesting you ignored the reality of children that are unwanted in orphanages all over the world, not just america. they wait like puppy dogs paraded around hoping someone will take care of them. they only wish to stay alive because they are already here, [mod], not that they are happy. most if not all will want to seek out the birth mother as well as father and will have many questions and will have that pain for the rest of their lives that they were unwanted.

and you are [mod] for being unable to differentiate my point between the negative conseqences bred from unwanted children starting enutero and what that means to society as a whole. you don't understand that the ones who were adoped out was the choice of the mother. and you want to force a mother who doesn't even want the child period let alone the pregnancy. how well will the mother take care of herself? i'm sure great! you would want to bring children into this world who are deformed or have debilitating diseases that were not only make them the object of ridicule but make it painful for them to exist period.

if you are so into natural. you should not bathe or seek any type of medical attention nor use any pain killers, abide by any laws nor expect another to.

Moderator cut: no name calling

Last edited by katzenfreund; 03-08-2009 at 10:00 PM..

Old 03-08-2009, 09:16 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,215,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
"I would like those who put women through this horror to experience first hand the agonizing pain these women feel"

Could I change just two words?

"I would like those who put babies through this horror to expeierience first hand the agonizing pain these babies feel"

There. Now it's perfect.
Eeeee, where were YOU and your anti-choice cohorts while this was happening?
Where are YOU now while these same sorts of things go on with other children all over the country?? You find them sacred while in the womb, why not after they are born? Is THIS "perfect"?

"Girl in the Window"...

"She lay on a torn, moldy mattress on the floor. She was curled on her side, long legs tucked into her emaciated chest. Her ribs and collarbone jutted out; one skinny arm was slung over her face; her black hair was matted, crawling with lice. Insect bites, rashes and sores pocked her skin. Though she looked old enough to be in school, she was naked — except for a swollen diaper. "
The girl in the window - St. Petersburg Times

Old 03-08-2009, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaana View Post
how do you know how all adoptees feel? [mod]

it's interesting you ignored the reality of children that are unwanted in orphanages all over the world, not just america. they wait like puppy dogs paraded around hoping someone will take care of them. they only wish to stay alive because they are already here [mod] not that they are happy. most if not all will want to seek out the birth mother as well as father and will have many questions and will have that pain for the rest of their lives that they were unwanted.

and you are [mod] for being unable to differentiate my point between the negative conseqences bred from unwanted children starting enutero and what that means to society as a whole. you don't understand that the ones who were adoped out was the choice of the mother. and you want to force a mother who doesn't even want the child period let alone the pregnancy. how well will the mother take care of herself? i'm sure great! you would want to bring children into this world who are deformed or have debilitating diseases that were not only make them the object of ridicule but make it painful for them to exist period.

if you are so into natural. you should not bathe or seek any type of medical attention nor use any pain killers, abide by any laws nor expect another to.

Moderator cut: no name calling
Struck a nerve, have I?
You know nothing of me, and certainly in no post did I say I was into 'natural' anything, nor that I want to force women to breed.
Seems like someone is projecting.....

But whatever....you don't believe in adoption for fear of spreading 'bad' genes about, I get it. It just has always struck me as odd if not ever so slightly hypocritical that the people who support eugenics are the same ones that feel that they would be 'above' the criteria. But hey - whatever floats your ego.

For the record though, here is a little list of those 'undesirables':
Aristotle
Crazy Horse
Debbie Harry
Eleanor Roosevelt
Pres Gerald Ford
Pres Bill Clinton
Nat King Cole
Steve Jobs

Ah! To think of such bad seeds being alowed out in public -- it's a shame I tell you! A shame!

Last edited by katzenfreund; 03-08-2009 at 10:00 PM..

Old 03-08-2009, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
There is no male birth control pill. Vasectomies are difficult to reverse. Blame Mother Nature for placing the burden of pregnancy on the women.

I shudder to think what the quality of life would be on our planet if there was no form of birth control at all and if humans had no understanding of the science of procreation.
Thank god for birth control --- if it were cheap and easily accessible then this entire discussion would be moot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies