Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 07:00 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,307,742 times

Advertisements

Are you glad your employer will be paying more taxes under Obama's tax polices?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2009, 07:52 PM

No one cares if their employer will be paying more taxes under Obama's polices? No one cares that when businesses pay more taxes they always look for ways to cut costs? No one cares if their employer cuts salaries, benefits, bonuses and perks. No one cares if their employers layoff employees? No one cares?

Last edited by Kootr; 03-08-2009 at 08:18 PM..

Old 03-08-2009, 08:00 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,982,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootr View Post
No one cares if their employer will be paying more taxes under Obama's polices? No one cares that when businesses pay more taxes they always look for ways to cut costs? No one cares if their employer cut salaries, benefits, bonuses and perks. No one cares if their employers layoff employees? No one cares?
I care that one right wing poster is allowed to post numerous right wing talking point threads in one single day...every day.

Isn't there some rule about this? It's not free speech issue..It's about allowing one person to take over a forum with scores of trash threads.

Old 03-08-2009, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
I care that one right wing poster is allowed to post numerous right wing talking point threads in one single day...every day.

Isn't there some rule about this? It's not free speech issue..It's about allowing one person to take over a forum with scores of trash threads.
Not a trash thread at all! It is a legitimate topic that is and will cause millions of employees to become unemployed. You may not like admitting it, but it's something that many people haven't even thought about. Many people are all for their employers being taxed more...until they lose their job. And then many still don't understand.

Old 03-08-2009, 08:17 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,287,348 times
Quote:
Not a trash thread at all! It is a legitimate topic that is and will cause millions of employees to become unemployed. You may not like admitting it, but it's something that many people haven't even thought about. Many people are all for their employers being taxed more...until they lose their job. And then many still don't understand.
If your threads are not to be considered "trash threads", then you need to post more than an inflammatory question or statement. What is your basis for this question? Did you read an article? Listen to Limbaugh? Link it. Which aspects do you agree or disagree with? Why do you think people should agree with you?

Old 03-08-2009, 08:21 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,013,919 times
Quote:
Are you glad your employer will be paying more taxes under Obama's tax polices?

Hm.. well considering that while those who were getting those breaks and saving on taxes, thanks to the BUSH tax cuts while Americans watched their incomes decrease while the cost of products produced by those tht GOT the tax breaks INCREASE (and their profits expand as well as their salaries at the top levels expand) .. oh. and let's not forget those that tookt he tax cuts AND sent jobs overseas ..

No.. I don't mind at all.... trickle down my ass!! It was more like HOARD and CRUSH .. NO .. I don't mind at all.

Old 03-08-2009, 08:23 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,287,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
... trickle down my ass!!
Um, that sounds rather uncomfortable! I've usually found the trickle down to be some jerk peeing on my head. Equally ugly.

Old 03-08-2009, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
If your threads are not to be considered "trash threads", then you need to post more than an inflammatory question or statement. What is your basis for this question? Did you read an article? Listen to Limbaugh? Link it. Which aspects do you agree or disagree with? Why do you think people should agree with you?
I don't need to read an article about the topic. I don't need to post a link because the topic has been in the news many times.

The basis of my question is to find out if some of the Obama supporters here, who are employees of businesses that will have their taxes increased, have even thought about what Obama's tax polices might mean for their future employment status.

I think Obama's tax polices stink and will harm millions of employees.

I think people should agree with me because I am right!

Old 03-08-2009, 08:28 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times
Quote:
Is this about the 5% increase on the top 1%?

Old 03-08-2009, 08:36 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,310,682 times
5% of $100 billion is $5 billion. I just read in the WSJ Weekend Edition that the company I work for is reducing dividends by 85%! I guess, we are just a bunch of whiners, this is nothing to be worried about
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies