Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 08:58 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,479,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
Graduating from college and seeing your first paycheck is an enemy to the left.
If you graduated from college and still weren't smart enough to see through right-wing bullcrap, you likely didn't deserve your first paycheck. Then again, maybe it was signed by Daddy...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2009, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Sure there is a thing as likely voters. You know the ones that have a history of voting.
It's quite a weak measure. Which is why Rasmussen also relies on the respondent's expressed level of interest in the current campaign and on his or her own estimated likelihood of voting.

Quote:
Voters are going to be dead by then?
Yes, that is my prediction. I'll be sure to look at the obits tomorrow to see if I was right. If I see the headline Nobody Died Yesterday, well, we'll just have to carry it over to Friday to see if this is the sudden start of some strange new immortality trend.

Quote:
Do you know something the rest of us dont know?
Yes. In fact, quite a lot in some cases.

Old 03-18-2009, 09:22 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
But you don't seem to recognize that the Democrat Party has been hijacked by the far left?!
Here's what I recognize: the Democrats have won two consecutive elections in historic fashion. They didn't do it by appealing to the far left. If you don't recognize that, then recognition isn't in your toolbox.

Quote:
A poll was conducted at the 2004 Democrat convention which indicated that 96% of the delegates present considered themselves to be liberal. That is more than 50 percentage points off the Democrat base!
Delegates to a national convention are hardly a cross section of those who vote for that party on election day. Would you be shocked to find that 96% of delegates to the 2008 GOP convention considered themselves conservative? Would you expect anything less?

Do you really think that party delegates are anything other than complete hacks?

Aug 31, 2008 4:45 pm US/Pacific
Poll: GOP Delegates Strongly Back Bush

The vast majority of delegates to the Republican National Convention approve of the job George W. Bush has done as president, putting them at odds with most American people and forcing soon-to-be Republican presidential nominee John McCain into a balancing act as he looks to fire up delegates in St. Paul while also courting a nationwide audience.

Poll: Republican Delegates Strongly Back President Bush - cbs2.com (http://cbs2.com/politics/gop.poll.bush.2.807390.html - broken link)

Quote:
And you called who braindead?
In my last post, I called the religious right braindead. I thought I said that very plainly. So plainly that I'm a little surprised you missed it. So, now again I'll say it's the religious right. Plus one.

Old 03-18-2009, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
???
I thought only liberal professors and liberal people graduated from college.
I thought (as many posters on CD state) that conservatives can't get a fair shake at college.
I read it here so it must be true.
Oh, it's certainly true. Communistic professors have brainwashed everyone who has ever graduated from college, but particularly for those who have goofed off and partied too much to be able to go on to grad school, that spell is quickly reversed upon seeing income taxes deducted from your first paycheck. It is then that you become a right-wing reactionary by realizing that hey, the government should really provide public goods and services (such as those found all over the place on the campuses of state universities) for free. Nobody should have to pay for any of those things, and making people pay for them is just a subversive communistic plot that undermines the right-wing free-market economic reality of...the FREE LUNCH.

Hope that clarifies some...

Old 03-18-2009, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
In my last post, I called the religious right braindead. I thought I said that very plainly. So plainly that I'm a little surprised you missed it. So, now again I'll say it's the religious right. Plus one.
Dag...what a time for the dratted "spread the love" thing to pop up...

Old 03-18-2009, 05:37 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,844,527 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Here's what I recognize: the Democrats have won two consecutive elections in historic fashion. They didn't do it by appealing to the far left. If you don't recognize that, then recognition isn't in your toolbox.
Besides Obama being the first black man elected president what is historical about his election?
And do you consider the Republican takeover of the Congress in '94 historical as well? It was a bigger swing.

Quote:
Delegates to a national convention are hardly a cross section of those who vote for that party on election day. Would you be shocked to find that 96% of delegates to the 2008 GOP convention considered themselves conservative? Would you expect anything less?

Do you really think that party delegates are anything other than complete hacks?

Aug 31, 2008 4:45 pm US/Pacific
Poll: GOP Delegates Strongly Back Bush
The title of the article was a little misleading (no surprise there).
The title states that the GOP strongly backs Bush yet the body of the article says that only 40% "Strongly" backs Bush.

It also had nothing to do with what I said.

Did you read it before you pasted?

Quote:
I understood what you said. I also understood that I was reading the remarks of a jerk who is about as conservative as Rosie O'Donnell.

Old 03-18-2009, 05:43 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,347,425 times
[quote=TomDot;7945445]
Quote:

Besides Obama being the first black man elected president what is historical about his election?
And do you consider the Republican takeover of the Congress in '94 historical as well? It was a bigger swing.
Yes, 1994 was historical, the contract with america, is why many from the middle and left voted for republicans. But, after all that, little changed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies