Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 07:35 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,009,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Actually, I think the Canadian army threatened to hold its breath until Mr. Gutfield said he was sorry.

Later, they were rewarded with warm cookies.
LOL <---a real LOL---////// That made this thread worth opening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2009, 07:40 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,529,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
So many seem to be avoiding Murtha's comments on the Marines...guess that was okay.
Murtha IS a Marine. And what he said was "It was a massacre", which when 14-17 civilans dies in their house, is correct.

Are you also so patriotic as to not believe that 6 years of war makes this somehow impossible?

Have you ever heard of Vietnam? Probably not. It's a country in SE Asia. Find a globe. Then try and find Iraq.

Old 03-23-2009, 07:43 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,875,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Murtha IS a Marine. And what he said was "It was a massacre", which when 14-17 civilans dies in their house, is correct.

Are you also so patriotic as to not believe that 6 years of war makes this somehow impossible?

Have you ever heard of Vietnam? Probably not. It's a country in SE Asia. Find a globe.
Quote:
Our troops overreacted because of the pressure on them, and they killed innocent civilians in cold blood."
http://murthamustgo.blogspot.com/200...uth-about.html

He called our Marines murderers....

As to your lame attempt at a personal attack...try again.

Old 03-23-2009, 07:46 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,849,020 times
With their track record they should have to remove "News" from their name.

Old 03-23-2009, 07:51 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
With their track record they should have to remove "News" from their name.
Their track record proves they're the most popular news source there is. Anyone who says they're not fair and balanced just doesn't like anyone disagreeing with them and thinks disagreeing is synonymous with hate. Get used to it, people want to hear both sides, me included. I'm neither Dem or Repub and I can see that.

Old 03-23-2009, 07:51 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,529,215 times
Quote:
Murtha Must Go!!: Murtha, Media Massacre Truth About Haditha Marines

He called our Marines murderers....

As to your lame attempt at a personal attack...try again.

Oh quit making stupid accusations. Murtha spent more time in the Corps than you've spent sitting in a classroom. In fact, he may have spent over twice as much time, I believe he was in 26 years.

I dont need to read some stupid rightwing blog, either. Save it.

Old 03-23-2009, 07:53 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,348,269 times
Quote:
So many seem to be avoiding Murtha's comments on the Marines...guess that was okay.

Not the topic being discussed.......

1. Fox Apologizes
2. Is the FoxNews channel news ( © 2009 FOX News Network, LLC)

Old 03-23-2009, 07:54 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
It would not bother me if the Canadian Army marched over the bridges in New York and went Faux News and showed that bunch of clowns what they are capable of doing when provoked enough!
And then went on to Saturday night Live studios and did the same! Then off to CNN,MSNBC and NBC, might as well clean all the cess pools... After that they can stop by Left wing Larry King and slap the suspenders off him!

Old 03-23-2009, 07:55 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,849,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
Their track record proves they're the most popular news source there is. Anyone who says they're not fair and balanced just doesn't like anyone disagreeing with them and thinks disagreeing is synonymous with hate. Get used to it, people want to hear both sides, me included. I'm neither Dem or Repub and I can see that.
I have NEWS for you...NEWS doesn't have an OPINION attached to it...its information on current events... FOX's history of ommiting parts of their story to push an agenda, makes them not NEWS..

Old 03-23-2009, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
I have NEWS for you...NEWS doesn't have an OPINION attached to it...its information on current events... FOX's history of ommiting parts of their story to push an agenda, makes them not NEWS..
And I have news for you. Every major network has commentary on their news too, not just Fox. The difference is, Fox gives all sides with guests to rebutt. Sometimes I agree with them, sometimes I don't, but I'm glad that they're allowing all sides to be spoken, whether I agree with them or not. It's the A-M-E-R-I-C-A-N way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies