Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 09:49 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,881,802 times

Advertisements

More from the Blame America First, spinless, Liberal slime. She should be asamed of herself. What a disgrace she and Obama are. This country is in big trouble and we will be attacked again and soon. You don't think this Countries enemies don't see how weak the Liberals are? Say what you want about Bush, he made plenty of mistakes but we were not attacked after 9/11.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2009, 10:02 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,918,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaana View Post
and they are buying weapons from u.s.
There is truth to this statement but as usual the media has twisted the facts. In the pictures of these weapons caches I have seen AR-15's (all models are US made), XCR's (Robinson Arms of Salt Lake City) and Barrett model 82's (Barrett Rifles is located south of Nashville). So yes, the guns came from the US. But the Mexican cartel isn't going into US gun shops and buying up these weapons now. I'm on a 6 month waiting list for my 2nd AR-15. Some manufacturers have a backlog of a year or more.

The US legally supplied these weapons to the Mexican military and different police departments. The rampant corruption down there is responsible for legal weapons to get into the hands of criminals. The ATF has testified in front of Congress that they wanted to crack down on people selling guns to the cartels but their hands were tied. The Mexican government will not release serial numbers from these confiscated weapons so the ATF can do their job. Releasing these numbers would be an embarrassment to the Mexican goverment and show that their ranks are just as corrupt as the drug dealers.

The fully auto AK-47's that they show are not from here. As has been stated earlier they are rare and difficult to obtain. It is easy to get them from China though.

-Robert

Old 03-26-2009, 10:05 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,841,952 times
Ms. Clinton's assertion that Mexican drug lords are using American weapons smuggled from this country is as absurd as it is false. I would not be surprised if the guns were also being bought on the international market and smuggled in by the container load. I probably does not cost that much to have a customs inspector to look the other way. Some of these guns are probably left over from Nicaragua after the Contra fiasco. The Clinton’s have always been opponents of civilian gun ownership and I have opposed her for that, and other, reasons.

Mexico is currently a failed state with the government subject to extensive corruption and is designed to make certain the Mexican oil revenue never gets beyond the ownership class. The peasants of Mexico are not protected or even governed by law and will, like most societies, do what ever is necessary to survive. The drug gangs seem to have become the entrepreneurial class of Mexican businessmen. Our government has aided and abetted these criminals for economic and social reasons.

The War on Drugs would not end in this country even if everyone stopped using illegal drugs because too many people and companies are on the Federal law enforcement gravy train. I would legalize, regulate and tax these substances and greatly reduce the problem.

Old 03-26-2009, 01:24 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,731,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Ms. Clinton's assertion that Mexican drug lords are using American weapons smuggled from this country is as absurd as it is false.
Some recent headlines:

U.S. Gun Trial Echoes in Drug-Torn Mexico - WSJ.com

Washington Times - Drug cartels buy guns deep inside U.S.

Neither of these sources are particularly 'Clinton' friendly.

And another, showing the results of a raid in El Paso:
The U.S. Guns In Mexico's Drug War | World Watch - CBS News

Old 03-26-2009, 02:35 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,918,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Neither of these sources are particularly 'Clinton' friendly.
And none of the articles are particulary accurate. The comments associated with each article have numerous corrections that need to be added to each article.

As for the shop owner on trial - he can't refuse to sell to young Latinos for fear of being accused of profiling. They clear their background check with the ATF. He follows the rules and still gets in trouble.

-Robert

Old 03-26-2009, 08:20 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,817,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
No, it wasn't effective. I always thought raw eggs are gross, but fried eggs are delicous, so when I saw the commercial where they showed the fried egg and mentioned it being like drugs, I assumed drugs were good.
Yeah, probably the stoners with the munchies saw the commercial and fried up a bunch of eggs.

Old 03-26-2009, 08:30 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,206,907 times
American guns are being smuggled down to mexico so that cartels can fight a war over who can smuggle drugs into America. If you're denying that America is pretty inextricable from this equation, you're just being obtuse.

They may be Mexican cartels, but cartels have popped up because of all of our nation's failed policies of prohibition and drug war. The drug cartels are to Mexico what the booze running gangs were to us in Chicago and Detroit. Some of the most famous organized crime syndicates in America started off running alcohol.

So it is clear to me.

1) End the Drug War. To anyone who's been following, the reasons for this are self explanatory.

2) Fortify our border with Mexico.

3) Coordinate operations between US police and military and Mexican military to control the flow of guns on our side and the flow of drugs and contraband(that includes human contraband..) from their side.

Old 03-26-2009, 08:36 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,038,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Hillary needs to go after the drug users and keep her damn mouth shut and stop blaming all Americans for what a few Americans do...
EXACTLY! She should have never made a statement that the US as a whole is responsible for the problems in Mexico. The blame needs to go to the druggies and the criminals who supply them.

Old 03-26-2009, 08:38 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,288,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
EXACTLY! She should have never made a statement that the US as a whole is responsible for the problems in Mexico. The blame needs to go to the druggies and the criminals who supply them.
Where did Clinton say that every American is responsible for the drug war in Mexico?

Old 03-26-2009, 08:38 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,038,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep View Post
More from the Blame America First, spinless, Liberal slime. She should be asamed of herself. What a disgrace she and Obama are. This country is in big trouble and we will be attacked again and soon. You don't think this Countries enemies don't see how weak the Liberals are? Say what you want about Bush, he made plenty of mistakes but we were not attacked after 9/11.
Exactly! I'm so sick of this blame America first for other countries problems nonsense! Glad she was not elected president. She makes me sick!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies