Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2009, 11:53 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,604,247 times

Advertisements

lol what a tart!

Old 04-15-2009, 11:56 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,210,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
The hell they do.
Please elaborate...

Old 04-15-2009, 11:57 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,529,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
Yeah the book burning and the gasing of Jews tonight was awesome!
I'm don't care for most Repubs and I don't find that funny.
I mean Nazi like in another sense.

Old 04-16-2009, 12:00 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
I think CNN got there message across stating that the Tea Parties were organized by Right Wing Media... What's your argument?
CNN got their story across? CNN shouldn't have a story. It is their job to report the news, not make it up. Some of you call FOX News the Faux News. So now I guess we have the Faux News and the Cremlin News Network.

The person I heard talking on another channel said the parties were organized by large companies. I don't know who organized these parties, but the persons attending them are the usual silent majority who have had enough not to be silent anymore. There comes a time when you have to say, "Enough is enough and I have had enough!" I didn't go to a party, but I wish I had. I was there in spirit. Maybe instead of listening to CNN you should read a few of the signs of the protesters. That is where the truth, not the story, is.

Last edited by NCN; 04-16-2009 at 12:13 AM..

Old 04-16-2009, 12:02 AM

343 posts, read 942,626 times
Seems like the republicans are still butt hurt from the whipping Obama put on this past election. I unfortunately had to bump into these nutjobs here in downtown Houston. These are the signs that I saw..Texas Sovereignty, Ill keep my guns, Dont Tax me bro. As I scan the net for pics I see alot of anti-Obama signs. So was this an anti-Obama protest? I also notice that there was no diversity unless you count male/female, short/tall, young/old as diversity. As these type of right wingers slowly diminish to obsucurity lets hope that the more moderate republicans can emerge.

Old 04-16-2009, 12:09 AM

4,459 posts, read 4,210,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
The person I heard talking on another channel said the parties were organized by large companies. I don't know who organized these parties, but the persons attending them are the usual silent majority who have had enough not to be silent anymore. There comes a time when you have to say, "Enough is enough and I have had enough!" I didn't go to a party because, but I wish I had. I was there in spirit. Maybe instead of listening to CNN you should read a few of the signs of the protesters. That is where the story is.
The Tea Party event was largely sponsored by The Institute for Liberty (http://www.instituteforliberty.org/index.html - broken link) among other right wing groups... It was heavily promoted through FAUX NEWS...

Old 04-16-2009, 12:11 AM

9,846 posts, read 22,679,821 times
Yeah that's why we have tea parties all across the fruited plain.

Yeah I want to spend the rest of my life supporting a bunch of lazy bums. Every penny I earned last month went to the state and feds for income tax. I didn't put one penny in my pocket. Is that fair?

Problem with government is there is no incentive to actually solve any problems. If one examines the trillions we spent on welfare all it did was make things worse. All the government does is get bigger and bigger and becomes invasive in peoples lives. Rather shameful. A far cry from what this country was founded on.

Old 04-16-2009, 12:13 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Obama's approval numbers are at 63%. They haven't dropped a all.

In fact Gallup released a poll today that showed 53% of Americans approve of the expansion of Government spending to counter the recession.

Americans OK With Short-Term Government Growth

The wingnuts have gotten nowhere. This is the same as the Palin rallies...they go...they get all worked up...pretend like they are still in the majority.

FAIL.!!

Btw...I was at a counter protest today and I got this poor wingnut so worked up the police came up and arrested him....LOL.

Our Democratic group was interviewed by two radio stations and a TV station who later broadcast our objections to the Tea Party protest.

Well done! People would like to overlook the fact that what was essentially
the idea of Paul supporters was hijacked by the extreme RW in an attempt
to whip up more hatred against Obama. The total number of protesters across America may equal the Inauguration Day crowd.

Gawker - The History and Point of Teabagging - Protests

(No parental warning needed)

Old 04-16-2009, 12:15 AM

4,897 posts, read 8,319,404 times
A piddly little 27,000 people showed up to tea bag each other out of a nation with more then 300 million people. That number is so small as to be insignificant despite the billions of dollars the GOP and Fox spent organizing, promoting, and propping up that astroturf group. Face reality. Right wingers tea bagging each other just didn't catch on; it was a dismal failure.

Old 04-16-2009, 12:19 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
The Tea Party event was largely sponsored by The Institute for Liberty (http://www.instituteforliberty.org/index.html - broken link) among other right wing groups... It was heavily promoted through FAUX NEWS...
The local news station I was watching said it was promoted online. I am so glad we have websites like this, because this and a very grass roots local newspaper is the only place I saw it mentioned. I saw a lot of e-mails before the election that the news stations didn't report too. Makes you wonder if some of the news stations are worth having. I just stopped watching them, so as far as I am concerned they can just "go to grass."

If you noticed, I changed the last sentence of my post. My mother said "story" in order not to call someone a liar. I don't need to hear made up stories on the news. Just give me the facts and I can judge for myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies