Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 01:40 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,482,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Well, gee whiz. TurboTax Time sure is treating the bailout of this company as if it was an entire industry, as well as the apologists who back its bailout. "Systemic failure" by allowing it to fail? Bueller?
Why not just post that you have no understanding of the AIG situation and its implications at all? What would you see as the aftermath of an AIG failure? Keep in mind that the insurance side of AIG is rock solid and a big-time moneymaker, but that the financial products side has tentacles that reach into virtually every major financial player in the world. So, go ahead...paint your vision of a post-AIG financial landscape for us...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2009, 01:41 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,529,993 times
Quote:
Oh, so I'm incorrect in suggesting toxic (er, I mean "legacy") assets had a large amount of private interest just before TARP was passed?

Got it
You're always incorrect, changing the subject, making irrelevant statements, referring to people by childish names, etc., etc.

VOODOO!

Old 03-30-2009, 01:44 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
I don't really think he's interested in nationalizing anything, but if he's looking for suggestions, I'd say go after the right-wing disinformation media. The whole nine yards of it -- NewsMax, WorldNetDaily, everybody at townhall.com, the WSJ, the Washington Times, FOX News, the Heritage Foundation, AEI, etc., etc., etc. Think how refreshing political discourse would be if people only had access to responsible, honest information about things rather than the pap and partisan propaganda that those folks put out...
This is the biggest pile of Pelosi I can remember reading. All these years we have had freedom of speech and you suggest that only lefties should be allowed to keep it. Now before you get carried away go back and read your suggestion and tell me that you aren't talking about taking that freedom from those who don't think like you do.

Old 03-30-2009, 01:49 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
AIG is 80% owned by the government, but that's a company, not an industry. Plus, AIG took the money willingly; no one forced the issuance of stock to the government.

It's amazing what some people come up with. Next thread: "When Will Obama Tax the Air We Breath?"
No, No, No not the air we breathe but the air we expel after we use that oxygen. I guess his EPA director hasn't tried to tax the air that cattle breathe but she surely is in favor of taxing what they expel out of their nether region because it has so much methane in it. If this rule is ever put into effect the government has weaseled into control of the production of cattle for either dairy or meat purposes. I don't know one feedlot that can afford to pay that tax so they will all have to give their businesses to the government or we wil become vegans, all.

Old 03-30-2009, 01:49 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,974,155 times
Quote:
You're always incorrect, changing the subject, making irrelevant statements, referring to people by childish names, etc., etc.

VOODOO!
Actually, I don't recall making any personal attacks or deflecting on my most recent reply, yet I still never received an answer?

Hmm....

Old 03-30-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
No, No, No not the air we breathe but the air we expel after we use that oxygen. I guess his EPA director hasn't tried to tax the air that cattle breathe but she surely is in favor of taxing what they expel out of their nether region because it has so much methane in it. If this rule is ever put into effect the government has weaseled into control of the production of cattle for either dairy or meat purposes. I don't know one feedlot that can afford to pay that tax so they will all have to give their businesses to the government or we wil become vegans, all.
Will you be here all week?

Old 03-30-2009, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
This is the biggest pile of Pelosi I can remember reading. All these years we have had freedom of speech and you suggest that only lefties should be allowed to keep it. Now before you get carried away go back and read your suggestion and tell me that you aren't talking about taking that freedom from those who don't think like you do.
It's just childish banter to get a rise out of people. The dude works in government with the beltway boyz for God's sake. The same government he's mentioned that only gets the brightest and most educated, LOL

Old 03-30-2009, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Actually, I don't recall making any personal attacks or deflecting on my most recent reply, yet I still never received an answer?

Hmm....
NO INDUSTRY HAS YET BEEN NATIONALIZED so, asking which industry will be nationalized next is a lie. Plain and simple. There's your answer. The OP is a lie.

Old 03-30-2009, 01:55 PM

Quote:
NO INDUSTRY HAS YET BEEN NATIONALIZED so, asking which industry will be nationalized next is a lie. Plain and simple. There's your answer. The OP is a lie.
I was actually referring to the misinformation on "legacy" assets as well as 80% stake in a company to avoid the term "nationalization".

Old 03-30-2009, 01:58 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,568,938 times
AIG, TARP, the auto bailout were all Pre-Obama! It wa Dubya who signed off on all of this. What has he nationalized?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies