Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 04:54 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,416,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Bull crap.

When you purchase a firearm you submit to a NTSC background check, you fill out a 4473, either you apply for a concealed weapons permit or you carry illegally, you limit your shotguns to 16 inch barrels, and your rifles to 26" overall length, if you have a fully automatic you purchased a Class III stamp. So spare me the bull about not compromising your "gun rights".

And again. What precisely were you deprived of under the previous "assault gun ban?"
So you freely admit that we already compromise & yet its not enough. We have been compromising since the 1930's & its always just a little more.
If we were deprived of nothing, as you seem to think limiting what guns we can & cannot have is, then why bother with the law? If it does nothing it is a waste of time & money at a time when time & money are at a premium.

She doesn't want a compromise, she wants a new ban with more guns on the list. Its that simple.

Why bother when the previous ban couldn't be found to have had ANY definitive effect on crime?

I think she is grasping at straws in the hopes of reversing her dropping approval ratings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 05:16 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,912,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Now based upon the previous "assault gun ban" what precisely where you prevented from owning? Nothing and you know it.
They will learn from the last one. It will be like in CA now. Instead of banning guns based on features, they will ban them by class and manufacturer. This will just make people angry and put hundreds (maybe thousands) of hard working people out of work. There are dozens of manufacturers of EBR's (evil black rifles) as well as hundreds of accessory makers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
That's why you hide a portion of your firearms FAR away from Uncle Sam's grasp and claim they were lost in a "boating accident".
Are you a member of AR15.com? There are a lot of boaters there.

-Robert

Old 04-08-2009, 05:47 AM

439 posts, read 617,077 times
First step to control the people by the goverment.

Suzanna Gratia-Hupp: What the Second Amendment is REALLY For

Old 04-08-2009, 06:35 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,263,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
It will be interesting. At least 42 of the 50 states are loosening gun laws and giving the people more places to carry with fewer restrictions.

Then the federal govt wants to clamp down on gun rights. Could be a major problem resulting from this disagreement.
And consider the states passing or proposing declarations of sovergnity? States are getting tired of being told what they can and cannot do with their own laws and are beginning to say so. Even California has a proposed declaration.

Old 04-08-2009, 06:50 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,584,802 times
Question Pelosi calling for gun ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
The Hill’s Blog Briefing Room » Pelosi pledges compromise on assault weapons ban

Precisely what myself and others said would happen. Anyone who trusts these people (Pelosi et al) with their civil rights is ignoring reality...

Where in your link is there any mention of a gun ban?

I read possible registration and restriction on interstate transport of some assault weapons.

Where's the ban language? Because I'm a gun owner and active shooter. If they're considering a ban, I'd like to know.

Old 04-08-2009, 06:52 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,584,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverOne View Post
Let me get this straight we are going into a deep depression, unemployment at 15.6 percent (US gov figgers) revised, Crime going up due to people out of work and Pelosi wants to ban guns that people need to defend there families. Yes some guns are more powerful than others, most of the high powered guns used in crimes are not registered by the person doing the crime. So if I have equal firepower to the Bad Guy and mine are registered, I am suppose to give mine up? Like he..

Sadly, you don't have it anywhere in the same universe with getting it straight.

Old 04-08-2009, 07:45 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,499,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Where in your link is there any mention of a gun ban?

I read possible registration and restriction on interstate transport of some assault weapons.

Where's the ban language? Because I'm a gun owner and active shooter. If they're considering a ban, I'd like to know.
She is talking about a ban. She wants a ban, she'll take whatever burdensome restrictions she can get passed for now though. And forbidding taking a gun across statelines would be a defacto ban anyways.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:20 PM

1,535 posts, read 1,634,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Sadly, you don't have it anywhere in the same universe with getting it straight.

Have you ever had to protect your family when somebody tries to do them harm in your own home? Espicially if you are disabled, hand gun great equalizer.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:23 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,478,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
A couple high pfile incidents out of the MILLIONS of weapons in private hands in the US does not really constitute an epidmic of gun violence. If you want to see weapons in the wrong hands causing major problems just about the entire continent of Africa would be the place to look.
A couple incidents of terrorism led us to creating DHS and revamping air travel security completely. Freeing up guns for terrorists is what you want..I see.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:25 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,478,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Order View Post
First step to control the people by the goverment.

Suzanna Gratia-Hupp: What the Second Amendment is REALLY For
Guess you forgot about illegal wiretaping, false imprisonment and sanctioned torture..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies