Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 05:46 PM

968 posts, read 1,040,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
To be honest, I don't care. But when you put it on a ballot for me to vote on, then I do care--simply because I have to vote by my biblical belief that God ONLY ENDORSES A HETEROSEXUAL MARRIAGE.
In Leviticus, a few passages before God says (supposedly) that homosexuality is an abomination, he says that eating shellfish is an abomination.

That said, were a seafood ban on the ballot, would you also have to vote yes?

Last edited by ramanboy33; 04-19-2009 at 05:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2009, 05:55 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,285,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riceharvester View Post
The gay movement is forthright about seeking to legitimize child-adult homosexual sex. In 1987, The Journal of Homosexuality – the scholarly organ of the gay rights movement – published “Pedophilia and the Gay Movement.” (29) Author Theo Sandfort detailed homosexual efforts to end “oppression towards pedophilia.” In 1980 the largest Dutch gay organization (the COC) “adopted the position that the liberation of pedophilia must be viewed as a gay issue… [and that] ages of consent should therefore be abolished… by acknowledging the affinity between homosexuality and pedophilia, the COC has quite possibly made it easier for homosexual adults to become more sensitive to erotic desires of younger members of their sex, thereby broadening gay identity.”
In 1990 COC achieved a significant victory: lowering of the age of consent for homosexual sex in Holland to 12 (unless the parents object, in which case it goes up to 15). (30) In the U.S. and Canada, the North American Man-Boy Love Association marches proudly in many gay pride parades with the stated goal of removing the barriers to man-boy sex. Note the phrases “oppression towards pedophilia” and “liberation of pedophilia.” It is clear that those who advocate the legalization of sex between adults and children intend to argue that such conduct is a “civil right,” deserving of the same legal protections afforded to other minorities. A large proportion of Americans regard that argument as a mere pretext to giving “sexual predators” free reign to take advantage of vulnerable children.
Typical extremist inability to think clearly. The fact that there are homosexual pedophiles doesn't mean that the vast majority of homosexuals are pedophiles. I suppose the fact that there are heterosexual pedophiles means that the vast majority of heterosexuals are pedophiles?

Old 04-19-2009, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
Do you like girl sex?
Yeah, makes me wonder. Who are all those gay men sexually assaulting young girls in this country?

Old 04-19-2009, 05:59 PM

Sooner or later, it will be irrelevant what people think about it. Gay marriage is a civil right. Being able go to the courthouse for a civil marriage ceremony has nothing to do with God or the church. And we don't put civil rights to a popular vote in this country. Once the issue makes it to the Supreme Court, the debate will be over.

Old 04-19-2009, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
To be honest, I don't care. But when you put it on a ballot for me to vote on, then I do care--simply because I have to vote by my biblical belief that God ONLY ENDORSES A HETEROSEXUAL MARRIAGE.
Really? Hmmm. Then I guess the Catholic church was wrong when it performed those gay marriages back in the Middle Ages.

Old 04-19-2009, 06:01 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,511,321 times
You'd think gay couples could come up with something far more fabulous than "marriage." It's so Ozzie and Harriet. Heck, straight couples don't even do it that often anymore.

Old 04-19-2009, 06:03 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,576,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Really? Hmmm. Then I guess the Catholic church was wrong when it performed those gay marriages back in the Middle Ages.
Well now you've done it. I picture bug-eyes, speechlessness & then the inevitable steam coming out of their ears.

Old 04-19-2009, 06:06 PM

668 posts, read 2,188,559 times
Personally, I wish this issue would just 'go away'...
I am sick and tired of hearing about it...
It means asbsolutely nothing to me, as I am not gay, and I do know one gay person, but, I dont associate with him, as he is my Daughters hair dresser, and we dont travel in the same circle of people.

What he does, is none of my business. What gay people do is none of my business.

Its the LORD'S business...Thats all, in my opinion. HE decides what to do with Homosexuals...Not Me! I dont have to have anything to do with them, but, each person will be judged by the LORD, so, HE will be the ultimate dispensor of HIS LAW or RULE on what should happend to each of them.

May the LORD Bless each of you.

I wish you well...

Jesse

Old 04-19-2009, 09:39 PM

1,201 posts, read 2,349,496 times
Default bondage

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So since slavery is not condemned by God's word in the Bible, the United States was not wise to abolish it?
slavery in the u.s., a rather late expression of the cruelty of humanity, was certainly a disgrace to all who allowed it in this country. no man should be in bondage to another; however, for centuries slavery has existed and has been tolerated. in fact, it was often used as a benchmark for a nation's strength. again, imo, it is an ugly beast.

Old 04-19-2009, 09:43 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,576,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodworkingmenace View Post
Personally, I wish this issue would just 'go away'...
I am sick and tired of hearing about it...
It means asbsolutely nothing to me, as I am not gay, and I do know one gay person, but, I dont associate with him, as he is my Daughters hair dresser, and we dont travel in the same circle of people.

What he does, is none of my business. What gay people do is none of my business.

Its the LORD'S business...Thats all, in my opinion. HE decides what to do with Homosexuals...Not Me! I dont have to have anything to do with them, but, each person will be judged by the LORD, so, HE will be the ultimate dispensor of HIS LAW or RULE on what should happend to each of them.

May the LORD Bless each of you.

I wish you well...

Jesse
You wish what issue would go away? Homosexuality? Gay marriage? Because, sorry to tell you, it won't go away & it HASN'T gone away EVER! It has always been there & it always will, I'm sorry to tell you, you need to deal w/it. And no, I don't mean that it will affect you personally....wait a minute, check that out, I said "no, it will not affect you personally". Well, how about that, hey? It will NOT affect you personally, so there ya go! You've got an out! You've got a free pass! A get out of jail card if you will, congrats!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies