Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2009, 04:12 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,816,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
WTF do people like you know about the world outside your grandpa's outhouse? You're full of nothing but racist innuendo and other habitual mental constructs that you absorbed from talk radio and the break room at Quick-Lube.
I take it from your application of ad-hominem that you believe your constructs to be (i) original and (ii) superior to anything that someone from someplace other than the bastion of internationalism, advancement and education that is Detroit could ever dream up.

Are you insecure about your race and believe that everyone owes you something for some non-existent disability or perhaps some wrong endured that you are at least a generation removed from or are you a guilt-monger who believes this world just needs to "hug it out" and fake its way into utopia?

In any case, if you can't offer up some sort of logical response you should probably skip the Garofalo recitation and move on. You're ignorance is showing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
You're freakin' nuts, plus you'll eventually induce something like a herniated esophagus or maybe a heart attack in the victim.
I think you're probably looking for "collapsed trachea" and anything can induce a heart attack.

Old 04-22-2009, 04:17 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,348,777 times
Quote:
Every independent observer, including Bush-appointed judges, knows otherwise.
"Every"? I'm always suspicious when someone says "every". Like whom? Do you have some names? Doubtful.

I have heard some independent testimony that would disagree with you. In fact, people like Nancy Pelosi, and other congressmen and Senators were fully briefed on some of these techniques after 9/11 and never raised an objection. How strange that they now find it unacceptable.

Quote:
That's like trying to discredit the Gestapo or the KGB.
Are you saying that the Bush administration can be compared to the Gestapo or the KGB? Amazing.

Quote:
Who's us? If he's against the interests of the war-loving, xenophobic faction of the American people, good for him.
I think the context of my statement is clear. "Us" being the American people, and America. But, I understand that liberals are deficient in reading and comprehension skills.

Quote:
Must we allowed to break our own country's laws?
Like....which laws?

But thank you for this demonstration of the utter stupidity and ignorance of the left.

Old 04-22-2009, 04:19 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,469,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
I think you're probably looking for "collapsed trachea" and anything can induce a heart attack.

Right, as if "anything" would induce a heart attack during the stress of waterboarding. Is that the best you can come up with?

Old 04-22-2009, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Humane interrogation technique? Suffocation is humane? Because that's essentially what's involved. Even the DOJ memos on how to safely perform waterboarding explicitly state that it is suffocation that raises CO2 levels in the bloodstream leading the person to fight even harder for oxygen as it is being denied. And the memos that were released this weak also explicitly state that the interrogations sometimes exceeded the parameters established by the DOJ as acceptable. Nope, definitely not friendly.
I concede that my use of "humane" is relative. To me, the world has the gloves off and we're the only people playing by any kind of rules. Let me ask you this: would any level of discomfort or pain be acceptable?

Old 04-22-2009, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
Right, as if "anything" would induce a heart attack during the stress of waterboarding. Is that the best you can come up with?
That's funny. I guess "herniated esophaegus" wasn't much of a stretch at all.

If there was evidence of waterboarding by agents of the United States inducing a heart attack in any subject since 2001 don't you think we would have read all about it?

Old 04-22-2009, 04:26 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,348,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Fatuous logic.
Is it? Our enemies would love for us to think that there is no danger or evil in the world. It creates opportunity for them, if we let down our guard.

Your thinking is flawed. But we can always count on your posts for flawed thinking.

Old 04-22-2009, 04:31 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,445,580 times
Quote:
I take it from your application of ad-hominem that you believe your constructs to be (i) original and (ii) superior to anything that someone from someplace other than the bastion of internationalism, advancement and education that is Detroit could ever dream up.

Are you insecure about your race and believe that everyone owes you something for some non-existent disability or perhaps some wrong endured that you are at least a generation removed from or are you a guilt-monger who believes this world just needs to "hug it out" and fake its way into utopia?

In any case, if you can't offer up some sort of logical response you should probably skip the Garofalo recitation and move on. You're ignorance is showing.

The irony.

And it's "your" ignorance. Oh sweet irony.

Phrasing insults as questions may fool a 10 year old, but... (laughing in real life here). come on man. Chiding someone for ad hominem and then launching into not-so-cleverly-disguised-ad hominem yourself is just silly.

Old 04-22-2009, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post

The irony.

And it's "your" ignorance. Oh sweet irony.

Phrasing insults as questions may fool a 10 year old, but... (laughing in real life here). come on man. Chiding someone for ad hominem and then launching into not-so-cleverly-disguised-ad hominem yourself is just silly.
Maybe I'm missing something. Did I imply that I was not participating?

Old 04-22-2009, 04:43 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,445,580 times
Quote:
Maybe I'm missing something. Did I imply that I was not participating?
Oh boy.

Usually people only point out ad hominem if they have an issue with it.

So what was your point then? Why bring it up if you are ok with it?

Forget it, nice dodge (not).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies