Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 11:43 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,844,425 times

Advertisements

I don't really understand why we consider the CEO of exxon evil for making $20 million a year, yet we admire will smith and tom cruise for making $50 million a film. I wonder if hollywood would be so liberal if we demonized them and went after their money. hmmmmmmmmmm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2009, 11:44 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,317,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
I don't really understand why we consider the CEO of exxon evil for making $20 million a year, yet we admire will smith and tom cruise for making $50 million a film. I wonder if hollywood would be so liberal if we demonized them and went after their money. hmmmmmmmmmm.
ha just one of many hypocisies in the liberal world.

Old 04-21-2009, 11:46 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
Perhaps because they're not a corporation that contributes to the destruction of the environment? Just a guess of course

2,541 posts, read 5,852,730 times
Please, do not point out the hypocrasy of the left; it gets them upset....

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Huh?

People don't have to go to the movies. I don't, although sometimes I rent a movie. However, I need gas to get to work. Many people need home heating fuel to survive in the winter.

[mod] No personal attacks [/mod]
. Obama's tax plan IS
going after these people.

If they make over $250,000 a year net income, they will pay more taxes.

By the way, I don't admire either of these gentlemen. However, I do enjoy their movies (on TV or DVD)

Comparing an individual actor with the CEO of a corporation doesn't make sense. Tom Cruise has no obligation to his stockholders or the American people. He doesn't drill for oil and hurt the environment. Anyway, many of Hollywood's actors are very generous. Will Smith & Tom Cruise have been honored for their charitable projects. Brad Pitt donated about $6 million of his own money to help rebuild New Orleans.

Last edited by vec101; 04-21-2009 at 04:21 PM..

Old 04-21-2009, 11:47 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Moderator cut: No personal attacks

The generalizations on this board are getting absolutely ridiculous. I'm a liberal who thinks Hollywood is VASTLY overpaid, and many people will agree with me. It doesn't matter if you're liberal or conservative for many of the issues on this board,
Moderator cut: No personal attacks or insults

Last edited by vec101; 04-21-2009 at 04:25 PM..

Old 04-21-2009, 11:47 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,654,107 times
Then again, they provide a resource that everyone needs. The world could do with a few less badly made movies and the opinions of the actors too.

Old 04-21-2009, 11:50 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
and a bad guess at that. if we don't like oil, then why use it? we obviously like that destruction. oh, and if you think that hollywood has never contributed to the destruction of the environment, you have got to be kidding. exxon provides us with a service, and hollywood provides us with perez hilton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Perhaps because they're not a corporation that contributes to the destruction of the environment? Just a guess of course

Old 04-21-2009, 11:51 AM

no, the question was, why do we demonize exxon, and praise liberal hollywood. exxon already pays enough in taxes to fund the failed department of education, yet it's never enough for the ignorant masses of sheep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Huh?

People don't have to go to the movies. I don't, although sometimes I rent a movie. However, I need gas to get to work. Many people need home heating fuel to survive in the winter.

Moderator cut: No personal attacks or insults
Obama's tax plan IS
going after these people.

If they make over $250,000 a year net income, they will pay more taxes.

By the way, I don't admire either of these gentlemen. However, I do enjoy their movies (on TV or DVD)

Last edited by vec101; 04-21-2009 at 04:23 PM..

Old 04-21-2009, 11:52 AM

668 posts, read 2,187,338 times
Sorry, but NOBODY is worth a MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR FOR ANYTHING!! I dont care if its the President of the United States, even 'he' doesnt make that much, and he 'supposively' makes all the right decisions for our Country.

I think its asnine for anyone to make that type of money, when we have people who have to eat out of trash cans, and dumpsters! No, I guess its why I refuse to go to movies and see some panty-waiste actor, (who dont even do thier own stunts...talk about wimps), get googled at by women and teenagers and thiink that they 'are' someone because they make so outrageous amount of money, that thier opinion actually means something when they 'speak'...YEAAAA RRIIIIIIGHT! GIMEE A BREAK!

May the LORD Bless each of you.

I wish you well...

Jesse
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies