Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 11:46 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
BEFORE affirmative action and quotas there was NO equality........LOTS of employers and people believed in racial/gender preference!

White race/MALE gender.
Has what to do with here and now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2009, 12:38 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times
Quote:

I love this topic...it's pathetic but hilarious at the same time!

Since the beginning of time white males have ruled.....not giving a damn about people of color or women....and when the the shoe even STARTS sliding onto the other foot....

OH the whining, wailing, pants wetting crying simpering tantrums that spring forth!

AND does it give them any insight or perspective into the problems those other groups faced? OH NO...it's all about them...an attitude that will never change....

Meanwhile all the people who have sufferd discrimination since time began....DON'T GIVE A WHOOP!
You mean that whites should just sit there and allow themselves to be discriminated against without so much as a peep? What has today's whites have done to deserve discrimination? Minorities never deserved the discrimination they faced so how can we justify discrimination against any group? Discrimination is wrong and how do you expect us to ever have equality in this country if our nation engages in reverse discrimination. I can't wait for the day when skin color would no longer matter and that folks are judged by merit instead.

Old 04-26-2009, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I always find it interesting that people feel justified in demanding racial diversity, at the expense of quality and standards of excellence, for potentially life and death issues like firemen, police and military, but on the basketball courts, and football fields, they would never dream of lowering the quality of their favorite sports team, just so Asians, Hispanics, and women were all equally represented in the NBA, NFL, or USC sports teams.
Interesting ....

Old 04-26-2009, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Lets just kill all of the white people and then we be free.

Old 04-26-2009, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Will Equal Finally Mean Equal?

When women and people of color can be just as lousy in their jobs as white males and , like white males, not get fired because of it.
That's already happening in civil service.

Old 04-26-2009, 12:48 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
I've NEVER heard that as a reason for the SAT scores, NEVER. The failings of the public schools systems have always been the reason. So your reasoning is definately a new one.
So why did so many blacks vote for the one candidate who is certain to change nothing wrt the PS system?

Old 04-26-2009, 04:45 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,299,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Lets just kill all of the white people and then we be free.
The problem is I think you're serious. This is what they did in Haiti. How did it work out for them?

If this were done, the 'brain drain' would revert this country to a third world status pretty quickly. If you want to check out a couple of other examples, take a look at Rhodesia and South Africa once whites had their thumbs pulled out of the pie.

- Reel

Old 04-26-2009, 04:46 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
If I had things my way, we would have installed a new government in Iran in 1979 and prevented the five wars that followed, including the two were are fighting. Millions upon millions of young men in the prime of life were killed because of Carter's indecision.

"Even in the final days of the revolution, when the Shah was considered doomed no matter what the outcome of the revolution, Brzezinski still advocated a U.S. invasion to stabilize Iran. President Carter could not decide how to appropriately use force and opposed a U.S. coup."

Maybe he isn't family material because some other woman made him a slave of divorce before you came along. Maybe she wanted to go play the new boyfriend lottery, kids well being be damned! You cut your own throats along with ours because children of divorce and other living arrangements that end in separation blow up the dysfunction stats.
http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/200...wat/?ref=world
Quote:
“the Pakistani government is basically abdicating to the Taliban,” but the spokesman, Haji Muslim Khan, said that Taliban anger was partly caused by the presence of female American soldiers in the region. Mr. Khan said that Pakistan’s prime minister, Yousaf Raza Gilani, “should think about Western white women who take up arms and come from 20,000 miles away to fight against us here.”
I guess some guys just can't handle it. You want to hold me accountable for the whole world, that means I own the world. So which is it? You going to take responsibility for your own fate, or are you going to continue pointing your bony finger in every direction except your own? I am no victim of men or minorities. Why have you made yourself a victim?

Old 04-26-2009, 04:51 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Discrimination is wrong no matter what. If you had to go through something like this, I am sorry.

Also I was curious about how you said "Dare I get my hopes up that in the future I'll be able to get ahead by working and studying harder than the blacks and females I compete with in the work place?"

What about females? Do you think they have an advantage?
I think it depends on the company. Many companies go "out of their way" to promote ethnic minorities and women to make it "look good", but when you strip off the veneer, it is still the white, male "good old boys" that are at the top of the heap. Again, it depends on the company, but speaking in general terms, I believe that white males will always get preferential treatment. When you start getting into upper management, it's all about who you know anyway. Certainly, it has nothing to do with job performance.

20yrsinBranson

Old 04-26-2009, 04:53 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,299,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I always find it interesting that people feel justified in demanding racial diversity, at the expense of quality and standards of excellence, for potentially life and death issues like firemen, police and military, but on the basketball courts, and football fields, they would never dream of lowering the quality of their favorite sports team, just so Asians, Hispanics, and women were all equally represented in the NBA, NFL, or USC sports teams.
Yup. You are correct. If there were quotas for Whites in the NBA which all teams would have to adopt the league would remain competitive. However, the quality of the basketball being played in the league as a whole would suffer.

Affirmative Action such as that on display in New Haven is causing a serious degradation of the American product.

- Reel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies