Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 06:45 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,583,130 times

Advertisements

Good lord, I've heard it all now I think. Folks, it's 2009, the age of the internet, remember? You're on it right now. And that means....dum dum dummmmmm...you can actually watch your precious tv shows ONLINE!!!! What a novel concept! I got rid of cable, only get one local channel, yet I'm able to go online & watch new shows, only the day after they've been aired. Holy technology!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2009, 06:51 PM

37,157 posts, read 19,271,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
= Whether or not you agreed with Bush, at least the man could speak intelligently, and was clearly not stupid.

Here we go again...

Old 04-29-2009, 06:53 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,290,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Isn't it sad that this president feels the need to be on the TV and in the spotlight so OFTEN? Isn't it sad people know this president will say one thing on TV and then do the opposite in his policy making? Isn't it sad we have a president that can't be believed?

Obama on TV is a bit like the little boy crying wolf.....too much too often. He needs to get out of the spotlight a bit.....he is overexposed and nobody believes his load of crap.
Isn't it sad that little crybaby American neo-cons are a little bit like little boys, whining and complaining because the world doesn't operate according to their itty-bitty wittle view of the world?

Old 04-29-2009, 06:57 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,290,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I agree. He is seriously angering us as well, as he interferes with "Idol" (one of the few shows I like) and some of our other favorites.

Who wants to listen to this idiot anyway? He is likely the dumbest person to hold the office of President in my life time (I think he has surpassed Jimmy Carter in terms of stupidity). Whether or not you agreed with Bush, at least the man could speak intelligently, and was clearly not stupid. Obama cannot say anything without the teleprompter, and then he still sometimes gets messed up!
With all due respect, it's difficult to accept an opinion on any President's intelligence when it comes from someone who is "seriously" angered because the President's press conference interferes with "Idol." That's not even a grown-up view of the world.

Old 04-29-2009, 07:01 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,799,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
Seriously...do we need him to continue these ridiculous prime-time presidential addresses that pre-empt our TV shows? Can't he just hold a press conference at Noon and have the news play the highlights?

I was excited for "Better Off Ted" and the penultimate episode of "Scrubs", but instead Obama is taking the only TV shows I like on either Tuesday or Wednesday and replacing them with something I can read on Yahoo! News in about 2 minutes.

Sorry for the rant..but seriously, do we really need to have him take over Prime Time television?
A. I think Obama's press conferences are fine and he's doing a good job. He's definitely more and more likeable with each press conference, and he's showing himself to be a real good guy.

B. He's not pre-empting anything good, all the good stuff is on USA and TNT - Monk, Burn Notice, Law & Order, In Plain Sight, etc. Scrubs? ugh. Game over on that show. I'd rather they bring back "Ed".

Old 04-29-2009, 07:03 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,582,155 times
I'm still trying to figure out the appeal of 'LOSt"...haven't these people been stranded on a island after a plane crash for how many seasons now?Sounds like a updated Gilligan's Island!
Prez did good tonight though for his 2nd Prime time news conference in 100 days.

Old 04-29-2009, 07:05 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,979,649 times
You'll be relieved to know that "Lost" is now airing, right on schedule.

Old 04-29-2009, 07:17 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,881,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Isn't it sad that little crybaby American neo-cons are a little bit like little boys, whining and complaining because the world doesn't operate according to their itty-bitty wittle view of the world?
You guys crack me up. You all think it's neocons. You forget there are those of us who are Democrats that disagree GREATLY with Obama. It upsets your little world.

Old 04-29-2009, 07:23 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,569,548 times
Obama's speech is over. Chris Matthews and Keith Olbermann have wiped up and rolled over to fall asleep satisfied with their thrill still going up their legs. But of course there's no political bias at MSNBC.

Old 04-29-2009, 07:28 PM

4 posts, read 6,623 times
Default Noon Press Conference for O:

Katiana,
I'm with you. People find everything and anything to complain about when it comes to their inconveniences. If Obama didn't show his face within the 100 days, people would complain. Ok I understand the Scrub episode thing, it really bites. I love that show! I take your children to a corporate board meeting if you want to count lies and believe me you will go way beyond the 100 number. If you really want your grandkids to count really well, go back to the day when he was won as the president elect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies