Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2009, 12:25 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times

Advertisements

Have I ever "regretted" my decision? Oh, there have been times when I look back (and still do) questioning if I made the right decision - but, regret it? No.

And especially while I was watching our son grow up into the fine young man he did. And especially when he asked ME to be HIS best man at his wedding. And especially when holding my grand children and watching them grow up.

I miss my wife to this day - and my current wife understands that. But, I have not "regretted" my decision.

Old 05-06-2009, 12:27 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
So you didn't have to make a choice between your unborn baby and your wife as she was severely brain damaged and only alive because of the life support machine. Thats entirely different to what you first said...
ANYONE would keep their Wife on a life support machine for long enough so that the baby could be born. That is not a hard decision
If you haven't been faced with such a decision, you should not dismiss the dilemma out of hand.

Old 05-06-2009, 12:28 PM

Quote:
So you didn't have to make a choice between your unborn baby and your wife as she was severely brain damaged and only alive because of the life support machine. Thats entirely different to what you first said...
No, the doctors said she might actually be able to recover from the brain injuries - remember, medicine was not as sophisticated as it is today. She was in a medically induced coma - and the extent of the injuries were not really known.

But, to repair her lungs, to do the brain surgery that would have been required would have necessitated aborting our child first.

I trust this clears it up a little for you.

Old 05-06-2009, 12:34 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
No, the doctors said she might actually be able to recover from the brain injuries - remember, medicine was not as sophisticated as it is today. She was in a medically induced coma - and the extent of the injuries were not really known.

But, to repair her lungs, to do the brain surgery that would have been required would have necessitated aborting our child first.

I trust this clears it up a little for you.
I think you're injecting a totally different facet into the present discussion.
Unless you are saying that abortion is not be be considered under any circumstances, including forfeiting the mothers life.....which isn't what it sounded like once you added more details.

Old 05-06-2009, 12:36 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,846,511 times
Sorry Greatday i can't keep track with your changing stories.
Greatday, please stop following me around the threads. I really cannot be bothered with you so i will not be replying to anything more you have to say. We have been here before Greatday..please take the hint.

Old 05-06-2009, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I think you're injecting a totally different facet into the present discussion.
Unless you are saying that abortion is not be be considered under any circumstances, including forfeiting the mothers life.....which isn't what it sounded like once you added more details.
Actually, what happened to me is one of the reasons I oppose abortions.

That said, I could actually understand someone aborting a child to save the life of the mother - believe me - I really could. And I, for one, would NEVER criticize or belittle them.

Old 05-06-2009, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Sorry Greatday i can't keep track with your changing stories.
Greatday, please stop following me around the threads. I really cannot be bothered with you so i will not be replying to anything more you have to say. We have been here before Greatday..please take the hint.
There are no changing stories.

And, don't delude yourself - I don't "follow you around". That's too funny.

BTW - I will continue to post on any thread I wish to. If you happen to post on that same thread - so be it. If you don't wish to respond to what I write - so be it. No one has forced you to reply to anything I have written here, or on other threads. That has been your decision.

Follow you around - ROFLMAOOOOOOOOOOO

Old 05-06-2009, 12:53 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Quote:
Actually, what happened to me is one of the reasons I oppose abortions.

That said, I could actually understand someone aborting a child to save the life of the mother - believe me - I really could. And I, for one, would NEVER criticize or belittle them.
You also mentioned you had to wait "a month" which put the baby in 'late term abortion' status.
Would you have made the same decision had your wife only been 5 weeks pregnant?

Old 05-06-2009, 12:56 PM

1,048 posts, read 2,388,185 times
Quote:
There are no changing stories.

And, don't delude yourself - I don't "follow you around". That's too funny.

BTW - I will continue to post on any thread I wish to. If you happen to post on that same thread - so be it. If you don't wish to respond to what I write - so be it. No one has forced you to reply to anything I have written here, or on other threads. That has been your decision.

Follow you around - ROFLMAOOOOOOOOOOO
STALKER!!!!

Old 05-06-2009, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
You also mentioned you had to wait "a month" which put the baby in 'late term abortion' status.
Would you have made the same decision had your wife only been 5 weeks pregnant?
Good question - one that happily I did not have to deal with.

I don't know if I would have made the same decisions.

BTW back then - a woman often did not know she was pregnant until she missed at least 2 periods - there was no early testing. The testing was blood tests that were injected into rabbits - hence the phrase "the rabitt died" was said when announcing she was pregnant!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies