Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Under what circumstances should abortion, in your opinion, be legal?
Legal at any time during pregnancy at the woman's choice, even during the third trimester, for any reason 5 10.64%
Legal until the 23rd/24th week, but only after in the case of medical necessity; no further restrictions should be imposed 15 31.91%
Legal until the 23rd/24th week, but should be discouraged. Parental consent for minors, waiting periods, requirements to view an ultrasound, etc. 9 19.15%
Should not be legal except in the case of rape/medical necessity 15 31.91%
Should not be legal under any circumstances 3 6.38%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 12:07 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
Abortion is wrong and killing babies is wrong.

HOWEVER,

Abortion should always be legal and available in the first trimester, and during the second and third only when the mother's life is in danger.

It should NEVER be illegal, because I would much rather it be done in a sterile environment by professional doctors, not in some back alley with a coat hanger. What I do have a problem with is taxpayer money funding abortions, if it is your choice, why should I have to pay for it?

Even though it should remain legal, we should do our best that abortion is not necessary in the first place.

And yes, I am one of those die hard Conservative Republicans..

Agreed completely! I'm glad you brought up the 'sterile environment'. Most people understand that abortions will happen regardless of if someone says they're legal or not. I'd rather abortions not happen, but they will and I'd rather women had a safe place to have them done. Unfortunatley, there have been some comments on this board that said the women 'deserved' to be hurt by getting a dirty abortion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2009, 12:08 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Men should keep their penises in their pants and this would not be a problem.
Once a man can get pregnant, he can have a say.
Not until then.
Otherwise, it's simply a way to control women and their personal reproductive choices.

In punishment, people like the OP are wishing a painful death on the woman. Nice go.

Old 05-03-2009, 12:08 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,464,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Not until then.
Otherwise, it's simply a way to control women and their personal reproductive choices.

Old 05-03-2009, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I voted "Legal at any time during pregnancy at the woman's choice, even during the third trimester, for any reason"

It is not because I am a flaming liberal or something like that. The reason why I choose this is because I do not believe that the law or the government should tell women what to do with their bodies. It is nobodies business when or why you get an abortion.

Now, PERSONALLY, if it was me, I would not have an abortion at this point. But I understand I am one person and have no right to push my beliefs on to others. (It would be nice of others felt this way too, you know!)

I dont know what their situation may be. And in addition to that, I do remember a thread or a post on here that talked about a woman who was 7 months pregnant and found out that the babies spinal cord (or something along those lines) was not developing properly. The child would find it very difficult to live. She had an abortion at seven months. She was obviously upset about it (not pro abortion like some people think) but felt it was better for her. Even her father who was a Priest told her she should. She was disgusted with Bush and his laws regarding abortion because she knew first hand what goes on.

This is why I think it should be legal in all cirumstances. You just don't know. Plus I am an advocate of womens rights.

Please dont flame me. Keep this civil. I was asked for my opinion and gave it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
Abortion is wrong and killing babies is wrong.

HOWEVER,

Abortion should always be legal and available in the first trimester, and during the second and third only when the mother's life is in danger.

It should NEVER be illegal, because I would much rather it be done in a sterile environment by professional doctors, not in some back alley with a coat hanger. What I do have a problem with is taxpayer money funding abortions, if it is your choice, why should I have to pay for it?

Even though it should remain legal, we should do our best that abortion is not necessary in the first place.

And yes, I am one of those die hard Conservative Republicans..
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Agreed completely! I'm glad you brought up the 'sterile environment'. Most people understand that abortions will happen regardless of if someone says they're legal or not. I'd rather abortions not happen, but they will and I'd rather women had a safe place to have them done. Unfortunatley, there have been some comments on this board that said the women 'deserved' to be hurt by getting a dirty abortion.
Thank you for your posts/votes.

Old 05-03-2009, 12:12 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,534,474 times
Quote:
Not until then.

In punishment, people like the OP are wishing a painful death on the woman. Nice go.
Hate men much? Takes two to make a baby and that includes the woman who willingly had sex with a man without any protection, condoms or birth control pills.

Old 05-03-2009, 12:13 PM

1,682 posts, read 3,207,947 times
I picked the first choice. Things happen, and on top of that, I'm not a woman so I can't give a personal perspective.

Old 05-03-2009, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Hate men much? Takes two to make a baby and that includes the woman who willingly had sex with a man without any protection, condoms or birth control pills.
Read her posts on the thread about the SUV and self-defense. She said "how can you people live with yourselves for supporting murder?"

Old 05-03-2009, 12:24 PM

Quote:
No I'm not. I firmly believe abortion is a right in the case of medical necessity. You want to have a civilized conversation...then you don't go bashing me. Then, I won't bash you. Got it?

You don't know me so don't go around making judgments about me. You spout out things when you have no clue whether that's what I want or not (and that is NOT what I want).

Last edited by afoigrokerkok; 05-03-2009 at 12:39 PM..

Old 05-03-2009, 12:32 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Sorry, I wanted to vote, but didn't have an option. I think 23 weeks is too long. The reason I can't select "in cases of rape or incest" is because a woman would need to wait until her case is heard and a morning after pull would be immediate. First, I think sex & birth control education is very important.

I would vote to allow abortions up to 8 weeks based on the scientific evidence on fetal development I've read and my own personal experience. I can't imagine being pregnant for more than 2 or 3 months and having an abortion.

Old 05-03-2009, 12:38 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,391,548 times
I voted rape/medical necessity but I only actually agree with the latter.

A woman who is raped can put the child up for abortion. Whether she has the baby or not, she will most likely be scarred for life so why murder the child too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies