Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 12:27 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,461,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
The PC police is already active in telling us what constitute appropriate speech and what isn't. Basically, anything that can hurt the feelings of any group that the liberals deem to be "oppressed" will be criminalized eventually. The only offensive speech allowed is those against white folks and Christians. Everything else will be taboo....
What are you kidding? The Conservatives are the biggest group of crybaby, manufactured outrage, PC police out there. They are offended by virtually everything. Every day in the rightwingoverse is a new "outrage", often times offended at silence (ie, a naughty Dem not saying something they think should be said) alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2009, 12:32 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,012,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
Unless the nations sharp slide toward Marxist/Leninism is stopped and reversed,and soon,the USA in 2050 will be like the Soviet Union of 1950.If the trend is reversed,the planet will still be a dangerous place,with militant Islam and the ChiComs both major threats.Spanish will never ever become remotely close to being the dominent language except in a few parts of the Southwest and California.The Reconquista and Atzlan crowd are going to be very disappointed.Americas main problems are internal,not from an external threat.We survived and thrived every outside threat in our history,and we will continue to do so in the future,unless,and this is a big unless,we are weakened and destroyed from within.
Our politicians are doing just that...

Old 06-01-2009, 12:35 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,012,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
What are you kidding? The Conservatives are the biggest group of crybaby, manufactured outrage, PC police out there. They are offended by virtually everything. Every day in the rightwingoverse is a new "outrage", often times offended at silence (ie, a naughty Dem not saying something they think should be said) alone.
I'm sorry but the libbies have the monopoly on being offended by everything that isn't PC.

Old 06-01-2009, 04:41 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,247,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
We will all wakeup to find out that humanity has been fighting a war against intelligent machines who have been keeping some humans captive in a state of suspended animation as sources of energy.
And then we find out that these intelligent machines have infiltrated us with cyborgs that look, sound and are impossible to tell from us.

Old 06-01-2009, 05:05 AM

1,928 posts, read 5,164,677 times
With what I've read here and my own observations of what's going on, I'm sure glad I won't be alive to see 2050. Our country seems to be in an escalating state of decline and either there is a concerted effort not to stop it or to keep the downhill slide going. What a shame! I feel sorry for the young people who are growing up and coming of age. They will live through what appears to be the inevitible unraveling of the American way of life.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:15 AM

2,051 posts, read 9,334,937 times
^^ When the most powerful elite in the world no longer have use for nation(s) will a nation survive? ... Is there support for national building anywhere... or Global expansion... Your answer will always be hidden there.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:42 AM

3,727 posts, read 6,220,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
And then we find out that these intelligent machines have infiltrated us with cyborgs that look, sound and are impossible to tell from us.
You mean like Aaahhnold??

Old 06-01-2009, 11:23 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighPlainsDrifter73 View Post
With what I've read here and my own observations of what's going on, I'm sure glad I won't be alive to see 2050. Our country seems to be in an escalating state of decline and either there is a concerted effort not to stop it or to keep the downhill slide going. What a shame! I feel sorry for the young people who are growing up and coming of age. They will live through what appears to be the inevitible unraveling of the American way of life.
Don't worry, although you say you'd rather be dead, I am sure these young people would rather be alive and living right here in America. I am sure they will not want to trade this country for any other.

It is too bad we have a growing number of people like you, who can't wait to give up on everything as soon as the DOW take a little dip and a few companions go bankrupt.

Old 06-02-2009, 04:16 AM

1,928 posts, read 5,164,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Don't worry, although you say you'd rather be dead, I am sure these young people would rather be alive and living right here in America. I am sure they will not want to trade this country for any other.

It is too bad we have a growing number of people like you, who can't wait to give up on everything as soon as the DOW take a little dip and a few companions go bankrupt.
I would be way to old to be alive in 2050 anyway. I've seen many good times in America, but the magnitude of our problems now are staggering. Nothing like what I have seen even compares. I hope I'm wrong and things get straightened out so that our best days are ahead of us, but I'm very skeptical.

And don't even bring up the DOW. I don't hitch my fortunes to Wall street and I have open contempt for the wall street types who have gotten us into this mess. And it's more than a few companies going bankrupt. Many of these companies are icons of our way of life and what America is built on. The thought of seeing GM going bankrupt and our manufacturing base gutted because of corporate greed is pathetic. I grew up in a time where GM was an icon of a mighty industrial nation. Something has gone very wrong and the politicians don't know what to do to right the wrongs in this country.

When you see 30 years of steady slow decline and then the bottom falls out as it did late last year, what are you supposed to think. This is not just a bump in the economic road. This is far more fundamental than that.

Old 06-02-2009, 07:51 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighPlainsDrifter73 View Post
I would be way to old to be alive in 2050 anyway. I've seen many good times in America, but the magnitude of our problems now are staggering. Nothing like what I have seen even compares. I hope I'm wrong and things get straightened out so that our best days are ahead of us, but I'm very skeptical.

And don't even bring up the DOW. I don't hitch my fortunes to Wall street and I have open contempt for the wall street types who have gotten us into this mess. And it's more than a few companies going bankrupt. Many of these companies are icons of our way of life and what America is built on. The thought of seeing GM going bankrupt and our manufacturing base gutted because of corporate greed is pathetic. I grew up in a time where GM was an icon of a mighty industrial nation. Something has gone very wrong and the politicians don't know what to do to right the wrongs in this country.

When you see 30 years of steady slow decline and then the bottom falls out as it did late last year, what are you supposed to think. This is not just a bump in the economic road. This is far more fundamental than that.
My father-in-law likes to say that 1950s were the best America has seen, but I am optimistic we will find our way out of this mess and US will still be the land of opportunity that it has always been. The whole world is taking a bruising right now, so the question is which countries will be able to recover fastest and take advantage of the situation. Icons have fallen, but they have left behind holes to be filled, and I believe they will be filled. GM was infested by parasites, the unions, who sucked them dry of their lifeblood until they had killed the host. The unions deserve to die with their host, and someone new should fill the gap.

The sky is falling mentality in FOX, and other media outlets must stop. I was watching FOX the other day and a commentator went on and on about how Obama has spent 14 trillion dollars and taken 2 trillion in loans from China. Both claims are 100% lies. It is political propaganda and designed purely to make the situation sound worse than it is. Its aim it so destroy whatever is left of peoples spirits, so that they can one day introduce their own man as the saviour of America. We can't wait for that. There is no time. The time to rise from the ashes is now, and it would be foolish to think that a new president or a political party will save us. Only the American people can save us. Only positive spitit can save us. Anyone who loves this country would be wise to ignore the propaganda and pray for the country and its leaders so that we can come out of this as soon as possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies