Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 02:06 PM

3,564 posts, read 5,518,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Crime, she never did mention anything about a crime in her post did she? But now that you mentioned it, how about the crime of being ignorant?

I hate to be repetitive but I already said lock up all hippies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2009, 02:12 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,213,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
I hate to be repetitive but I already said lock up all hippies.
Ignorance is bliss, isnt' though...

Old 05-05-2009, 02:36 PM

9,892 posts, read 10,831,381 times
Quote:
Great, just what kind of publicity you Gun zealots need. A bunch of drunken gun toting supporters of the 2nd Ammendment... I'd love to see the photo spread of that event in the NRA's Monthly Magazine the American Rifleman.

NRA convention venue seeks OK for alcohol, weapons - Salon.com (http://www.salon.com/wires/ap/us/2009/05/05/D9807NG00_nra_liquor_license/index.html - broken link)
Well dukie, real men can handle their alchohol and their firearms. so now 2nd ammendment supporters are gun zealots? I can live with that.

Old 05-05-2009, 03:04 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,213,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Well dukie, real men can handle their alchohol and their firearms. so now 2nd ammendment supporters are gun zealots? I can live with that.
Real Men? Who might you suggest is a real man? A card carrying NRA member, lmao...

Old 05-05-2009, 03:11 PM

29 posts, read 45,261 times
Quote:
Real Men? Who might you suggest is a real man? A card carrying NRA member, lmao...
Why is it that the gun-haters always bring up the sexual angle when they talk about men owning guns? I don't find anything sexual about guns. But then again, I'm not a liberal. Ooops! I meant to say "progressive".

Old 05-05-2009, 03:15 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,300,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergeant Possum View Post
Why is it that the gun-haters always bring up the sexual angle when they talk about men owning guns? I don't find anything sexual about guns. But then again, I'm not a liberal. Ooops! I meant to say "progressive".
Reading comprehension a bit rusty? Try reading the post before the one you quoted to see where "real man" came from:
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
I guess that wouldn't have conveniently supported your view.

Old 05-05-2009, 07:43 PM

37,185 posts, read 19,241,897 times
I think Arizona's gun and alcohol separation laws are Spot On.

I am also more than a little amused at people who feel the need to carry a weapon to an NRA convention.

Let the record note that both Romantic Dreaming and the spirit of James Bond are both alive and well.

Old 05-05-2009, 09:43 PM

9,892 posts, read 10,831,381 times
Quote:
Well it certainly doesnt hurt, lets face it, would you rather have you're sons around some one like Charleton Heston or say..... Richard Simmons?

Old 05-05-2009, 10:05 PM

3,051 posts, read 11,596,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I think Arizona's gun and alcohol separation laws are Spot On.
I believe in keeping firearms and alcohol separate. In my opinion, it is foolish to mix the two. With that in mind, I occasionally enjoy an adult beverage. I also enjoy handling and using firearms. I just don't believe in doing both at the same time. The NRA convention lasts for several days, so I don't think it's unreasonable for someone to have a glass of wine with their dinner on Friday night, and then to visit the vendor's booths to look at firearms on Saturday. This is not the same as mixing both at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I am also more than a little amused at people who feel the need to carry a weapon to an NRA convention.
Vendors attend these functions to display their products to the attendees. Many of these vendors sell firearms or accessories. It's kind of hard to view these products if they aren't allowed in the venue, isn't it? The same goes for firearms that are given as raffle or door prizes to the attendees (yes, firearms laws are followed in order to transfer these firearms to their new owners).

Old 05-05-2009, 10:11 PM

1,067 posts, read 2,980,324 times
Like it or not, we have a right to possess guns and drink alcohol. Should have more rights, really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies