Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 10:11 PM

3,027 posts, read 11,620,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Great, just what kind of publicity you Gun zealots need. A bunch of drunken gun toting supporters of the 2nd Ammendment... I'd love to see the photo spread of that event in the NRA's Monthly Magazine the American Rifleman.

NRA convention venue seeks OK for alcohol, weapons - Salon.com (http://www.salon.com/wires/ap/us/2009/05/05/D9807NG00_nra_liquor_license/index.html - broken link)
All you need to do to see it is join the NRA. You'll be disappointed, though, because you'll find it won't be filled with "a bunch of drunken gun toting supporters of the 2nd Ammendment (sic)." Instead, what you will see, is a group of firearms enthusiasts and business people sharing information about products and events that interest them. It really isn't much different than any other type of convention, so why are you making such a big deal about it?

Why do you spout such hatred for those that support the 2nd Amendment? Have you ever complained about alcohol at a press event, where a bunch of drunken pen toting supporters of the 1st Amendment gather? I doubt it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2009, 10:56 PM

18,008 posts, read 15,710,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavid93225 View Post
All you need to do to see it is join the NRA. You'll be disappointed, though, because you'll find it won't be filled with "a bunch of drunken gun toting supporters of the 2nd Ammendment (sic)." Instead, what you will see, is a group of firearms enthusiasts and business people sharing information about products and events that interest them. It really isn't much different than any other type of convention, so why are you making such a big deal about it?

Why do you spout such hatred for those that support the 2nd Amendment? Have you ever complained about alcohol at a press event, where a bunch of drunken pen toting supporters of the 1st Amendment gather? I doubt it.
Thanks for saying what needed saying. This thread was just another limp attempt at throwing the 'drunken bubba' label on we firearms owners. Left and right certainly have stereotypes don't they. Frankly, I would rather be labeled a drunken bubba than a filthy hippie. But thats just me I guess...I am, in actuality, neither. Matter of fact I rarely drink at all, and alcohol and firearms certainly do not mix in my world. However, a convention and a fireing range are different worlds...ain't they? Lol, I seriously doubt the NRA is going to allow a drunken, armed, brawl to erupt at their convention. Can we come back to reality now Duke? Put down the hooter man....

Old 05-06-2009, 01:09 AM

16,828 posts, read 15,249,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
Who said anything about "drunken"? Just because you dont have the self-control to drink only 1 MadDog doesnt mean everybody else is the same.

he keeps on saying that because that is what he is used to at democrat conventions, drunken jerks running around paying for hookers and the like.

Old 05-06-2009, 01:51 AM

4,459 posts, read 4,223,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergeant Possum View Post
Why is it that the gun-haters always bring up the sexual angle when they talk about men owning guns? I don't find anything sexual about guns. But then again, I'm not a liberal. Ooops! I meant to say "progressive".
Don't know but you ought to ask this question to your fellow gun nut silas777 since he's the one that brought it up...

Old 05-06-2009, 03:45 AM

37,565 posts, read 19,439,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
he keeps on saying that because that is what he is used to at democrat conventions, drunken jerks running around paying for hookers and the like.
Actually, the members of C.O.Y.O.T.E. (Call Off Your Old Tired Ethics), the prostitutes professional organization, have said that they prefer working republican gatherings because the republicans want kinker acts and pay more for them.

Old 05-06-2009, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingraynm View Post
Like it or not, we have a right to possess guns and drink alcohol. Should have more rights, really.
True. But you can't possess guns and drink alcohol at the same time in Arizona in a public place.

It's the law. Isn't that what CWP holders are all about, enforcing it?

Old 05-06-2009, 04:01 AM

8,288 posts, read 13,607,119 times
guns and alcohol what a perfect mix!

Old 05-06-2009, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavid93225 View Post

From the article:

"May 5th, 2009 | PHOENIX -- Phoenix Convention Center officials want state officials to suspend their liquor license -- but only in part of the building -- so National Rifle Association conventioneers can carry and exhibit guns."

How can you predict that everyone there will remain sober if alcohol is available openly? I'm willing to bet against it.

Not hatred in the least. I was a member of the NRA for years until Wayne LaPierre started screeching about Obama in order to increase donations. My last issue of American Hunter was forty per cent politics and begging for money.

I still receive an average of three emails a week offering me products from the NRA, including deals on cheap wine. The last one was Monday night touting a 10% off deal on NASCAR tickets. You probably got it, too.

Old 05-06-2009, 05:36 AM

41,458 posts, read 59,983,407 times
Wayne LaPierre has taken American Rifleman into topics I find annoying and irrelevant to American gun owners and sportsman. Continuing pleas for more and more money is beginning to sound like a Ponzi scheme or just begging. I have nearly given up my subscription to the magazine and my NRA membership. I only hang around to see if I can help remove the NRA from the clutches of the right wing greed driven loonies infesting the organization.

This problem is the result of the poor planning involved in this convention. There probably are Convention venues where guns can be worn and displayed while vendors and restaurants sell alcoholic beverages. Somebody should have checked first or maybe they received some incentives from the venue to hold the convention in Phoenix.

Old 05-06-2009, 05:58 AM

68,395 posts, read 54,679,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
For what crime?

I say lock up all hippies. They stink...dont shave...cant dress....they could form one big drum-circle in prison.
Stink?

Don't shave?

Can't dress?

Sound like stereotypical rednecks to me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies