Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 06:44 AM

37,183 posts, read 19,186,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Stink?

Don't shave?

Can't dress?

Sound like stereotypical rednecks to me
There are similarities.

The rednecks copied us, however, not the other way around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2009, 08:40 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,621,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
There are similarities.

The rednecks copied us, however, not the other way around.
LMAO, as I said, this whole thread seems to be about stereotypes. While the two ends will obviously never see eye to eye on issues such as gun rights, and many others as well, the bashing of lifestyle in such crass fashion does nothing to further the ends of either side. It simply makes the point that we are all different, and espouses close mindedness to that fact. I really fail to understand how anyone could think that this convention is going to be a drunken bottle breaking session at the local dump behind a trailer park somewhere.. The insinuation is highly insulting, and extremely bigoted. But hey, takes all kinds I reckon..............

Old 05-06-2009, 04:39 PM

37,183 posts, read 19,186,140 times
No insinuation, except that I have studied human nature too long and become jaded.

Plainly put, mixing alcohol and gunpowder is a recipe for disaster, and Arizona knows that.

Don't do it.

Old 05-06-2009, 05:56 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,208,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Wayne LaPierre has taken American Rifleman into topics I find annoying and irrelevant to American gun owners and sportsman. Continuing pleas for more and more money is beginning to sound like a Ponzi scheme or just begging. I have nearly given up my subscription to the magazine and my NRA membership. I only hang around to see if I can help remove the NRA from the clutches of the right wing greed driven loonies infesting the organization.

This problem is the result of the poor planning involved in this convention. There probably are Convention venues where guns can be worn and displayed while vendors and restaurants sell alcoholic beverages. Somebody should have checked first or maybe they received some incentives from the venue to hold the convention in Phoenix.
The magazines have changed a lot over the years this is for sure. I recall in the 70's I believe when you opened up a copy of American Hunter and they actually had stories about hunting, imagine that. I remember reading stories on the Ducks Unlimited Organization a long with the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation and other conservation movements all for the good of hunting responsibly.

Old 05-06-2009, 05:57 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,252,821 times
I'll be at the convention - anyone else?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies