Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 06:10 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,958,947 times

Advertisements

Obama pokes fun at Republicans, Clinton, self at annual dinner - CNN.com

Here are some of the best jokes from the night.

Old 05-10-2009, 06:18 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,544,430 times
traditionally this is sort of like a celebrity roast and the president is the one being roasted. In this case the comedian went back to the previous president to insult with jokes instead of the current president. What few jokes she made at his expense were nothing compared to the ones Obama made about himself. I especially enjoyed two in particular; the teleprompter joke and the joke about everyone in the room voting for him and an appology to the FOX news table. Those were good. Wanda loves Obama so much she couldn't bring herself to say anything bad about him.

Old 05-10-2009, 06:36 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,958,947 times
Her best joke, IMO, was right at the beginning. It went something like "we're so proud of you, our first black president. Unless of course, you screw it up. Then it'll be: who's this mulatto?"

Obama's best joke was that Sasha and Malia are now grounded because they stole the plane that flew around Manhattan.

Old 05-10-2009, 06:38 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,544,430 times
She normally has such a sharp tongue. Seems she used the sharp edge for the previous presidential administration and then used the flat edge for the current presidential administration.

Old 05-10-2009, 07:55 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,214,198 times
I didn't think she was the least bit funny and her Palin joke was in poor taste and was met with something resembling groans. As a comedienne, she sucks. OTOH, Obama was funny and can deliver a one-liner with panache. Bill Clinton could, too.

Old 05-10-2009, 09:09 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,644,228 times
I love Wanda Sykes and thought she was very funny, and she operated within the role of the dinner which is to skewer the mighty.

Old 05-10-2009, 09:11 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,033,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Oh, they're already complaining on different sites about the Cheney joke. They should get over it! She was making fun of everyone.

"Cheney is so scary I tell my kids If two cars pull up, one with a stranger and one with Dick Cheney, go with the stranger."

She was making fun of everyone? Oh, really.

You know this dinner is for roasting the President, not private citizens or the prior admin.

This piece of trash is bitter, not very funny, ugly, has a huge chip on her shoulder and sexually confused. Must be a party being her.

Of course Barry and Me-Chelle loved her. Oh, and the media....just their cup of tea.

Hope you libs enjoy this idolization of Barry while it lasts. It ain't going to last much longer. To say he is over reaching is the understatement of all times.

Old 05-10-2009, 09:14 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,535,610 times
She was absolutely awesome. Hilarious indeed. And while much funnier than Stephen Colbert (who was, after all, roasting Bush) she was just as honest, and is easy on the eyes as well. A trifecta for a choice. Obama scores again.

Please watch George W. Bush get taken to the woodshed if you have not already:

(Stephen Colbert 2006)

About.com: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-869183917758574879

Old 05-10-2009, 09:15 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,644,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omle View Post
She was making fun of everyone? Oh, really.

You know this dinner is for roasting the President, not private citizens or the prior admin.

This piece of trash is bitter, not very funny, ugly, has a huge chip on her shoulder and sexually confused. Must be a party being her.

Of course Barry and Me-Chelle loved her. Oh, and the media....just their cup of tea.

Hope you libs enjoy this idolization of Barry while it lasts. It ain't going to last much longer. To say he is over reaching is the understatement of all times.
No, I don't think this is a roast only for the president.....under the Bush admin I do believe jokes flew about everyone on both sides of the aisle, not just W.
You notice that both reps and dems laugh at these jokes -- if they can laugh at themselves, then why can't we?

Old 05-10-2009, 09:16 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,535,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
traditionally this is sort of like a celebrity roast and the president is the one being roasted. In this case the comedian went back to the previous president to insult with jokes instead of the current president. What few jokes she made at his expense were nothing compared to the ones Obama made about himself. I especially enjoyed two in particular; the teleprompter joke and the joke about everyone in the room voting for him and an appology to the FOX news table. Those were good. Wanda loves Obama so much she couldn't bring herself to say anything bad about him.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies