Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 05:29 PM

240 posts, read 1,285,030 times

Advertisements

The comment about wishing Limbaugh's kidneys would fail was in very poor taste, even for a "roast" occasion. After Sykes said that, she looked at President Obama who evidently made some gesture to show his disapproval, as she commented to the affect that he didn't approve of it.

That said, it's not a big deal, on any level, and if the rabid Republicans are trying to make an issue out of it, it's just another show of their pathetic desperation to make anything "Obama" a negative. They have nothing to hold on to and are flailing with all limbs to save themselves from drowning. Ain't going to work. As a party they are sinking faster than the Titanic.

The majority of Americans have smartened up to their tactic of negative discourse and personal bashing. The Republicans really need to rethink their game if they ever hope to be relevant again.

I think another political party now has the opportunity to generate a viable political platform in which to compete with the Democrats in 2010 and 2012, in place of the Republicans. The time has come...

Old 05-11-2009, 05:42 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,070,009 times
A message to the White House Correspondent's Association;

STOP HIRING CUTTING EDGE COMEDIANS!

In fact stop hiring comedians except maybe Steve Harvey, Bill Cosby, Chonda Pierce, it might not be as much fun, but you folks are way to sensitive for any of the top comics.

Old 05-11-2009, 05:45 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,970,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajun24 View Post
What about that Limbaugh joke? Republicans won't like that.
Im a Republican and it cracked me up. You know why I didnt get mad? Because she's a comedian, its a joke, thats what she does. Now if she had said something like that about the president (Bush, Reagan, Obama, Clinton, etc.), ANY PRESIDENT, then it would not be so funny. You dont joke like that with the Commander and Chief of our Country.

But because Limbaugh is himself such a zany character (and the fact that its a joke), I just laughed.

Old 05-11-2009, 05:46 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,970,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by worm55 View Post
she is ghetto trash just like what is in the white house
Whoa. Simmer down there Boy.

Old 05-11-2009, 06:10 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,070,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by worm55 View Post
she is ghetto trash just like what is in the white house
No hints of racism in that remark...

Old 05-11-2009, 07:13 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
No, I don't think you "get it" at all. I think you'll twist anything that any liberal says to you and attempt to make yourself look like the wise one in the argument.

Keep trying.
Omle is enjoying playing with words. Yes, he is twisting everything. As you said, making fun of a total group is different.

Nita

Old 05-11-2009, 07:16 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Man, some posts on here are just...childish. Get a sense of humor people!
Sorry, no one has more of a sense of humor than I have, whether the remarks are referring to a political group, a race or anything else. I am the first one to make fun of myself, but anyone who makes a comment about, hoping someone's kidneys fail is gone way past humor. Some may find it funny, I was one that found it hateful!!!

Nita

Old 05-11-2009, 07:19 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,033,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by furyu View Post
The comment about wishing Limbaugh's kidneys would fail was in very poor taste, even for a "roast" occasion. After Sykes said that, she looked at President Obama who evidently made some gesture to show his disapproval, as she commented to the affect that he didn't approve of it.

That said, it's not a big deal, on any level, and if the rabid Republicans are trying to make an issue out of it, it's just another show of their pathetic desperation to make anything "Obama" a negative. They have nothing to hold on to and are flailing with all limbs to save themselves from drowning. Ain't going to work. As a party they are sinking faster than the Titanic.

The majority of Americans have smartened up to their tactic of negative discourse and personal bashing. The Republicans really need to rethink their game if they ever hope to be relevant again.

I think another political party now has the opportunity to generate a viable political platform in which to compete with the Democrats in 2010 and 2012, in place of the Republicans. The time has come...

Oh...hah haha...tee-hee...if it were, oh, gosh 2 yrs ago and the funny guy made jokes about that old LION of the Senate, drunkard Ted, the killer...lol, lol, lol, funny...har har...

You libs are beyond silly.

Oh.

I forgot.

Nothing to see here.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:31 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,605,383 times
To Omie

As usual, you don't know what you're talking about. These roast are not only jokes for the president and his admin. The jokes are for ANYONE in politics and even some celebs if they are in the news at the moment. I have watched these white house dinners on cspan since the Clinton years.

As far as what was said about Rush, well, all those years he's attacked people, then he had it coming, if he can't take a joke well that's his problem

(the kidney joke could have been left unsaid, imo).

Old 05-11-2009, 07:44 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,033,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
To Omie

As usual, you don't know what you're talking about. These roast are not only jokes for the president and his admin. The jokes are for ANYONE in politics and even some celebs if they are in the news at the moment. I have watched these white house dinners on cspan since the Clinton years.

As far as what was said about Rush, well, all those years he's attacked people, then he had it coming, if he can't take a joke well that's his problem

(the kidney joke could have been left unsaid, imo).
Oh, the joy of ebonics.

Do you celebrate Earf day, too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies