Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 12:34 PM

3,564 posts, read 5,525,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I'm sorry, but this doesn't even make sense. Maybe it would be funny if it made some sense.

I think its pretty obvious. It was used on Flavor Flav at his roast. Wayy funnier that wishing someone gets bad health.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2009, 12:35 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,597,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
I think its pretty obvious. It was used on Flavor Flav at his roast. Wayy funnier that wishing someone gets bad health.
Yeah, pretty obvious if you watch Flavor Flav, which I don't.

Old 05-11-2009, 12:36 PM

Quote:
It's interesting, the nonissues that are raged about on this forum, I never hear about in real life. Leads me to believe that thankfully, the crazy loons on this forum are pretty much relegated to a very minute number. I think all of the crazies out there are just on this forum. Thank god.

So the NYT cartoon was a non-issue as well then right? That was all "false-outrage" I guess. (and I hate that term...if anything it should be misplaced outrage)

Old 05-11-2009, 12:37 PM

39 posts, read 154,899 times
No i don't think Hitler should say sorry..

Old 05-11-2009, 12:39 PM

Quote:
So the NYT cartoon was a non-issue as well then right? That was all "false-outrage" I guess. (and I hate that term...if anything it should be misplaced outrage)
I barely even remember that cartoon. Sure, there were some people who got p**ed about it, no big surprise there. I'm talking about the multiple threads that pop up here almost every day about nonissues, little things, stupid things that only mean something to someone in fantasyland.

Old 05-11-2009, 12:47 PM

Quote:
I barely even remember that cartoon. Sure, there were some people who got p**ed about it, no big surprise there. I'm talking about the multiple threads that pop up here almost every day about nonissues, little things, stupid things that only mean something to someone in fantasyland.

I, personally, think they are both non-issues. But when I see people on here laughing it up about the Rush joke that were near e-tears on the cartoon thread, I like to point that out.

Old 05-11-2009, 12:48 PM

Quote:
I, personally, think they are both non-issues. But when I see people on here laughing it up about the Rush joke that were near e-tears on the cartoon thread, I like to point that out.
Touche. I in turn like to point out the idiocy of many of these threads that pop up like viruses.

Old 05-11-2009, 12:48 PM

And I'll go ahead and say it here too...there are some righties on here hyperventilating over this when they were laughing, defending the NYT cartoon as well.

It cuts both ways.

Old 05-11-2009, 12:52 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,980,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsmoove View Post
Is this serious!? Do you guys listen to what Limbaugh says about people? This isn't some anonymous citizen that was attacked. Give me a break... it was a joke, during a comedy routine about politics. I mean... lol... this is so par for the course nowadays with the loony right just waiting to pounce on anything to disparage the President. So sad. Were liberals like this during Bush's reign? I suppose so... but I think they at least waited until he screwed up everything in the country.
This is why they throw it back in their face. Your response is a perfect example of the hypocrisy. If someone the liberals dislike says something offensive or out of line, they want to hang him and they all band together with their moral imperative. If a person on the left says something equally hateful, they get rationalized, explained away, and avoided or simply slapped on the hand as they are being patted on the back. Ive seen this many times over the years.

A double standard, nothing more. Either all sides must be crucified for their behavior or none should. Attempting to rationalize one side against the other is just trying to take both sides of the same position.

Old 05-11-2009, 01:06 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,130,056 times
I'm a Republican and I don't care about what Sykes said. Really, I don't think it was a big deal at all.

What got me was that this was supposed to be a roast of the President and nobody had the balls to really lay into Obama. Most of these entertainers are liberal democrats, but I am still waiting for one to really come out and abuse him. You can still roast him and be a devout follower of his. I admit that there will be plenty of time to do so since he really just started, but I have a feeling at next year's dinner, people will still be afraid of "roasting" him like they should.

Here are some funny lines that could have been said (taken from Doug Powers):

"This isn't the first time Barack Obama has denied any knowledge of a New York City buzz – the first being the time he smoked a joint with William Ayers at '21.'"

"If you're wondering why the president is in a good mood, it's because he's glad to be finished with his [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]annual [COLOR=blue! important]physical[/color][/color][/color]

. During his colonoscopy doctors removed two benign polyps and the White House Press Corps."

"Last evening I took a walk through the cemetery – or as ACORN calls it, a 'recruiting trip.'"

"Michelle Obama is also here tonight. The first lady just taped an episode of 'Sesame Street' but walked off the set after seeing a segment featuring the Count holding photos of Barack's cabinet members and saying, 'Two … two tax cheats. Ah Ah Ah. Three … three tax cheats. Ah Ah Ah …'"

"In closing, I'd like to say thank you to the man who is responsible for all this. I'd like to, but George Soros isn't here tonight. They don't let George and Barack in the same room anymore because the last time they did, Joe Biden got tangled up in the puppet strings."

Oh, and I actually thought Obama's joke about his daughters taking Air Force One for a joyride was pretty damn funny as well as his "apologies to the Fox table" when he mentioned about who voted for him.

Anyway, nothing of what happened at the dinner last night was important. Nothing at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies