Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Better for our country? Please be honest!
Barack Obama 46 56.10%
George W. Bush 36 43.90%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 08:46 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,146,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
looks like the polls reflect the ignorant. Obama hasnt been president anywhere near long enough to be able to vote..
At least I can respect this response.Even though I believe his intentions are better, O's presidency has been short so your response is a valid one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 08:47 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,053,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Obama is loved around the world! I couldn't care if some toothless hick in West Virginia doesn't!

and NO I never wanted to have a beer with Dubya!
Please do not post what you cannot back up. he is not "Loved" around the world just because he is not despised like bush was. He has some stregnth but loved around the world is a bit overboard.

Obama's Arab ratings: Six-nation survey: The Swamp

Last edited by cleanhouse; 05-12-2009 at 08:59 AM..

Old 05-12-2009, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Jees, schools arent at all liberal leaning? Really? I bet they are all unionized because they are all conservative? I bet they all object to things like "vouchers" because they are all conservatives.. I bet you cant list ONE "conservative" thought or idea taught in school, but I can name numerous liberal ones, gays, sex education, for example do not belong in school, but hey, that doesnt stop them from teaching it.

Why couldnt Bush ride Clintons coat tail? You must be ignorant of the fact that Bush came into office with a recession taking place, but hey.. dont let the facts stand in the way of lies..
"Some" schools have unions and not nearly all of them.When I went to HS and college 89-99 the schools DID NOT teach about gay people and health class was stressed and not sex education.I was raised in long island NY which is considered a liberal area so your thoughts on an agenda from the schools is FALSE. As far as the recession taking place when Bush came in,that's a lie.The housing market looked like a potential problem but like everything else that people told him,Georgie Boy ignored it. The country was in a solid financial standing with unemployment very low and was also told about potential terrorist possibilities which was another thing he ignored.If you want to talk about agenda think of 9/11. Bush was told NOT IRAQ numerous times by his own people but like a broken record he kep asking, IRAQ? No,Mr.President! IRAQ? No,Mr.President! But did he listen? Nope,and now he is responsible to for over 3000 lives lost there. Let me make it easy for the simple minded. BUSHIE BOY is a lying egomaniac who thought he could bully the world and that's why our economy sucks. With friendly relations with other countries means good trading between nations (importing/exporting) but the schmo wouldn't allow that to happen either.The guy SINGLEHANDEDLY flushed this country down the toilet!!!

Old 05-12-2009, 08:57 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,567,226 times
Quote:
Jees, schools arent at all liberal leaning? Really? I bet they are all unionized because they are all conservative? I bet they all object to things like "vouchers" because they are all conservatives.. I bet you cant list ONE "conservative" thought or idea taught in school, but I can name numerous liberal ones, gays, sex education, for example do not belong in school, but hey, that doesnt stop them from teaching it.

Why couldnt Bush ride Clintons coat tail? You must be ignorant of the fact that Bush came into office with a recession taking place, but hey.. dont let the facts stand in the way of lies..
gee what Conservative thoughts or ideas those might be? A Aspirin between your legs?or would it be a Tylenol now?

If you need further help on Conservative ideas I suggest the Rush Limpballs show!

Just make sure you can get by the OXYCOTIN the SOB was busted in Miami Customs or perhaps the underaged prostitutes he was hanging out with in the Dominican Repuplic while on vacation!

Old 05-12-2009, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
Please do not post what you cannot back up. he is not "Loved" around the world just because he is not depsised like bush was. He has some stregnth but loved around the world is a bit overboard.

Obama's Arab ratings: Six-nation survey: The Swamp
I personally would say he's respected alot more. Loved might take a bit more time.

Old 05-12-2009, 08:59 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Lightbulb Congress sends stimulus bill to Bush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
Lets be realistic here. Besides the difference in IQ and the way Obama speaks,do the people who supported Bushie Boy for all those years and still are defending his failures think that we are going to dump the blame on Obama? Obama has his work cut out for him and 8 miserable years WILL NOT be corrected overnight.The stimulus is a STEP in the right direction but obviously more will have to be done after it all settles in. They will have to tweek certain programs and maybe add more funds in other areas but at least they are TRYING to do what's best and not trying to sell us on some more WMD's.
If Bush had walked away from the fall of the towers, the people would have called him a wus! He was in a darn if I do, darn if I don't situation. And now you'll come back to me and say that had nothing to do with it....really ya think?

Next the stimulus package you are so gun ho on patting Obama on the back for was a Bush baby. The stimulus plan began late of the year 2007. Final approval Jan 29, 2008 and it was Congresses idea!
Quote:
Congress sends stimulus bill to Bush - CNN.com
On Wednesday, seven Republicans joined 51 Democrats in supporting the broader Senate package, which would have injected about $50 billion more into the sagging economy than the plan President Bush and House leaders supported. But the Senate ended up two votes short of the 60 votes needed to advance the bill in the face of a GOP filibuster.

The nearly $150 billion package Bush proposed last month was approved overwhelmingly by the House January 29.
Wake up and smell the granola bar folks. Obama is following Congress, not Congress following Obama.

WMD? would you have rather them people come back and knock us around a bit more? To hear you tell it that is exactly what it would have to take in order for you to believe it. They wanted our attention and they got it. Enough said.

Next time though when you are looking at the Obama administrations plans, you may want to think back on where and when the idea originated.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:00 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,053,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
I personally would say he's respected alot more. Loved might take a bit more time.
agreed.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:00 AM

749 posts, read 947,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salukifan1 View Post
Obama, without question. He's more intelligent, has the good sense to listen to a variety of opinions before reaching a decision, he knows that the US
Constitution isn't a "d****d piece of paper", he has a uniquely global perspective, he understands the time-honored art of diplomacy, and had the plain common sense to oppose the war in Iraq from its conception. Plus, he's already spent as many days in the WH as Bush 43 did in eight years. George sure knows how to go after pesky mesquite or Russian olives...just not so good on the winning wars, catching bin Laden or balancing a budget parts.
Fish don't fry in the kitchen;
Beans don't burn on the grill.
Took a whole lotta tryin',
Just to get up that hill.
Now we're up in the big leagues,
Gettin' our turn at bat.
As long as we live, it's you and me baby,
There ain't nothin wrong with that.

Cuz we're movin' on up

Old 05-12-2009, 09:08 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,443,995 times
Default Obama vs. W

Dubya: disastrous

Obama: way too early for judgements

But even at this early date, it's extremely unlikely that Obama will be anywhere in the same ball park with Bush for incompetence and damage caused.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:25 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
gee what Conservative thoughts or ideas those might be? A Aspirin between your legs?or would it be a Tylenol now?

If you need further help on Conservative ideas I suggest the Rush Limpballs show!

Just make sure you can get by the OXYCOTIN the SOB was busted in Miami Customs or perhaps the underaged prostitutes he was hanging out with in the Dominican Repuplic while on vacation!
And what are we supposed to take from your posting other then the fact that your so full of hate?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies