Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 01:03 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times

Advertisements

I see. So the only people who should be worthy of healthcare are purists? Somehow, that doesn't sit quite right w/me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
I agree 100% Instead of all the billions of earmarks, Obama could have just set up a program for people who don't have money to apply for a credit to buy insurance. Let them buy their own. No instead he wants to run all of us into the ground, rob from our kids and grand kids.

Wake up people, this administration is out of control.
This post has nothing to do w/the thread, just another excuse to get in an Obama bash.

Old 05-13-2009, 01:12 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,041,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Somewhere in the development of Western medicine, the sovereignty we had over our own bodies was lost to the "authority" of the medical establishment. We saw our own bodies as too complex to understand and turned to the authority of doctors to "save" us. In turn, we became victims. We believed that disease was out to get us, that we could not protect ourselves, and that we needed pharmaceuticals and doctor's diagnoses and advice to set us straight. We became pawns in a grand scheme of profit. Now, we suffer needlessly as they rake in the cash and maintain power over us.

We simultaneously divorced ourselves from our sources of nourishment, instead relying on packaged products manufactured god knows where by machines that replace nutrition with chemicals that promote even more consumption. All for profit at the expense of our overall health.

Additionally, we've given over our minds to various forms of electronic manipulation that imprisons us to the idea that we are all powerless, our bodies are not strong enough to heal themselves (despite having handled the last few million years without any of these modern drugs), and that it's OK to pay for something that is really free for the asking.

We are out of our minds and out of our bodies and we are the weakest we've ever been in the history of humanity. Until we realize that we know our bodies better than anyone else, that those same wonderful bodies have the capacity to heal themselves, that illness serves the purpose of pointing out what we're doing wrong, that food that comes from the Earth is the only way to sustain ourselves, we will remain the guinea pigs that we are. Or is it lemmings? Anyway, until we demand different and turn our backs on giving them any more profit, there will not be any improvement.

Wow, good post, this is exactly whats going on.

Old 05-13-2009, 01:16 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,120,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I see. So the only people who should be worthy of healthcare are purists? Somehow, that doesn't sit quite right w/me.
Not at all. Just that people who take care of themselves shouldn't have to subsidize the costs for those that don't take care of themselves.

Old 05-13-2009, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
Not at all. Just that people who take care of themselves shouldn't have to subsidize the costs for those that don't take care of themselves.
I feel the same way about taxes for roads that people don't use if they don't drive a car, taxes for schools for people who don't even have children. It also steams me that people who have kids get more money back from the government.

Old 05-13-2009, 01:30 PM

Quote:

Well, just like what jetJocky said the key is moderation and here in Amercia I just don't see it.

Furthmore, it does not sit quite right with me that people chose to live a unhealthy lifestyle just because it's more plesurable only to latter on tax the health care system in which I haft to pay.

Old 05-13-2009, 01:35 PM

Quote:
I feel the same way about taxes for roads that people don't use if they don't drive a car, taxes for schools for people who don't even have children. It also steams me that people who have kids get more money back from the government.

I don't think you can use that argument because even if you don't use the roads you still indirectly benefit from them. How did you get your mail? How did your food get to the store?

Old 05-13-2009, 01:38 PM

1,653 posts, read 4,298,275 times
Quote:
This post has nothing to do w/the thread, just another excuse to get in an Obama bash.

????What do you mean it has nothing to do with the thread????? How much do you get paid from your "pay per post" job?

Old 05-13-2009, 01:42 PM

Quote:
????What do you mean it has nothing to do with the thread????? How much do you get paid from your "pay per post" job?
Let's see here.....the thread is about people who live an unhealthy lifestyle complaining about not having healthcare.
Quote:
I agree 100% Instead of all the billions of earmarks, Obama could have just set up a program for people who don't have money to apply for a credit to buy insurance. Let them buy their own. No instead he wants to run all of us into the ground, rob from our kids and grand kids.

Wake up people, this administration is out of control.
And here we have your post. Sorry, I just don't see the correlation here...you do?? I wish I got paid per post on here, that'd be sweet!

Last edited by karfar; 05-13-2009 at 01:55 PM..

Old 05-13-2009, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
I don't think you can use that argument because even if you don't use the roads you still indirectly benefit from them. How did you get your mail? How did your food get to the store?
And the school tax? Parents benefiting from having kids?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies