Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Pro choice or pro life?
I am pro-life with children 79 18.12%
I am pro-life without children 69 15.83%
No opinion-don't care 18 4.13%
I am pro-choice with children 124 28.44%
I am pro-choice without children 146 33.49%
Voters: 436. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 11:35 AM

1,780 posts, read 2,353,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Putting illegal drugs in your body is illegal. So laws do cover what we can and cant do with our bodies. So to say the law can or can not say what a woman does with her body is not a valid arguement. The law tells us many times what we can do with our body
Just because it is a law does not mean I am forced to follow it. There is nothing stopping me from doing what I want. They cant convict me because I was going to take drugs or sell my body...they have to catch you in the act or after the fact. When they do arrest someone to prevent a crime from happening it is a false arrest. So to say that the law makes me do anything is false. I know plenty of people that take drugs and are never caught, so the law has not stopped them.

Old 07-26-2009, 11:36 AM

11 posts, read 10,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
with what you have said what have i misstated about the position you and he are taking. Your position is it is better to kill the unborn if they are poor.
Not let me ask about the woman who are not poor and have no money problems, not on drugs, will not interfere with their jobs and they choose to kill also because they would rather kill the unborn than be unconvinced

Are you saying you want women who are that selfsih to go ahead and have the children that will be inconveniences to them? Can you imagine how a child like that could be treated, or dosen't it matter to you as long as it gets to take it's first breath?

Old 07-26-2009, 11:45 AM

1,780 posts, read 2,353,419 times
I also know why this debate continues. It is because Facts cannot support either side 100% it is 10% fact 90% emotions. It is a personal feeling and debate on rights, morals, and beliefs. That is also why some people choose to be prolife...becasue they know no one can prove them wrong with facts. Now, if the unborn could jump in and speak then yes one side could possibly win this. But no one can speak for the unborn besides the mother. Pro lifers and some pro choicers are the same people who never win a debate because they always pick the losing or opposing side. Facts have proven them wrong before so they choose a topic that cannot be proven with facts on either side.

Old 07-26-2009, 11:55 AM

[quote=fracturedman;9151229]Theliberalvoice,
I am still waiting for a logical answer to this...If a man and women have a child and the man wants the baby but the woman does not...why is it up to the woman to decide?
If the man does not want the baby and the woman does, why should the woman be allowed to FORCE financial help from the man, when he did not want the child

Is everyone to afraid to answer my simple questions?

I'm never afraid to answer abortion questions. Do you REALLY expect a man to spread his seed all over town, and then have all the women obligated to birth these babies FOR HIM? Her'es one for you. How abou tthe man keep his pants on until he finds one women who wants his child as much as he does?

Old 07-26-2009, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
So your okay with someone having 12 or more sexual partners, not practicing safe sex and getting pregnant only to get an abortion?

Do you mean you not only want control over womens bodies, but you also want control over their bedroom activities, too? Good heavens!

Old 07-26-2009, 12:05 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
So just because it has happened before it makes it right for it to be done in all cases? Where does your logic come from?
Your statement was; NO ONE CAN ACTUALLY MAKE ME DO SOMETHING WITH MY BODY OR STOP ME FROM DOING WHAT I WANT WITH MY OWN BODY

Now, you are trying to change the subject. Won't work.

I will give you one example of where you are wrong: where you said OR STOP ME FROM DOING WHAT I WANT WITH MY OWN BODY, we have a "do drugs do time" law. You do drugs, you can end up in jail - and people ARE stopping you from doing what you want with your body (ingesting drugs)

Old 07-26-2009, 12:09 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
Just because it is a law does not mean I am forced to follow it. There is nothing stopping me from doing what I want. They cant convict me because I was going to take drugs or sell my body....
You are so wrong - on so many levels -

Depending upon the law and the individual circumstances - you can be jailed

Old 07-26-2009, 12:10 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
This is exactly why I usually refrain from abortion threads. They are just so stupid to me. It seems to be a bunch of people who have a hard time dealing with the fact that women can control how many children they have or that they cannot tell others how to behave.

They are very hypocritical. I know a woman who is extremely Christian. She has so many pictures of Jesus in her house and listens to Christian talk shows every night. She is very obsessive about it. She is against abortion and sex before marriage. She has has 2 abortions BEFORE marriage. LOL! Who would have thought? Kind of like Sarah Palin and her daughter.

People look at me like I am cruel and unusual because abortion does not bother me. I am ok with it. I know it is not my business what women do. If a husband and wife/woman/couple decide to have an abortion, then it is their family matters. None of my business. Just like it is NONE of YOUR business what I do. Stay out of it. Simple as that.

Hate to break it to some people but women have some rights here too. They have the right to enjoy sex, they have the right to decide what to do with their bodies and they can decide for themselves. Don't like it? Sucks to be you. Move to another country like Saudi Arabia where they control everything and despise women.

Old 07-26-2009, 12:11 PM

[quote=fracturedman;9190309]I would say that I am pro-responsibility, than anything else

That means your prochoice....being responsible is NOT bringing unwanted babies into tthe world.

Last edited by sueezee; 07-26-2009 at 12:21 PM..

Old 07-26-2009, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
, we have a "do drugs do time" law. You do drugs, you can end up in jail - and people ARE stopping you from doing what you want with your body (ingesting drugs)
There is no law against taking drugs. There are laws against having them & selling them. A drugged up person, with no drugs on him, can go to jail because he might lok drunkish, but there is NO charge for having drugs in your system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies