Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 02:31 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,211,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post

Dick was speaking at a conservative think tank called the American Enterprise Inst today, btw, and took advantage of that bully () pulpit to blast Obama who was speaking across town.
AEI emerged as one of the leading architects of the second Bush administration's public policy.[3] More than twenty AEI alumni and visiting scholars and fellows served either in a Bush administration policy post or on one of the government's many panels and commissions.[4]
Yep, let Faux News be your friend or a Conservative Think Tank... Cheney is in need of some loving and what a better place for him than the two entities I mentioned... Fear and hate is all they know...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2009, 02:35 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Maybe there is a reason for Gitmo to remain open, for Mr. Cheney and his staff.
I understand that the accommodations are spare but obviously adequate.
There are security measures in place, as well.

Old 05-21-2009, 02:51 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,314,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Why are we seeing more of Cheney now than during his job in the administration?
Go away now. You had nothing to say then.

You mean the same way that your VP has been?

We have seen stupid Jow twice and he stuck his foot in his mouth both times. Now back into hiding again.

Old 05-21-2009, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
I say we just waterboard him instead...

I think we should try to waterboard someone in the current admin () to get them to tell the truth for once.

Old 05-21-2009, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
You mean the same way that your VP has been?

We have seen stupid Jow twice and he stuck his foot in his mouth both times. Now back into hiding again.
I guess you don't read the news, then.
The VP has been visiting troops and doing regular VP stuff, not from an undisclosed bunker.
My VP? He's the VP of the US, voted in by 50% of those who voted.
Yeah, apparently the opposite party from yours.
Guess what, the dems won.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
I think we should try to waterboard someone in the current admin () to get them to tell the truth for once.
If you're so gung ho on torture, perhaps you'd like to volunteer for it yourself first.

Old 05-21-2009, 03:02 PM

To the poster who said that 9/11 happened on the Bush watch, make sure you remember that because if anything happens from here on it at all, it will be 100% Obamas fault.

I do not want to hear any liberal blame Bush for anything that happens now until we get rid of Obama.

Mark your little words, if anything happens from here on in, it is all the liberals fault for allowing this moron to weaken us to the point we cannot defend ourselves.

Wow, so we waterboarded 3 criminals and got vital info from them and yet liberals act like we have done it to millions of people.

Anything, I mean anything happens from today on it is ALL OBAMA's baby!

Old 05-21-2009, 03:03 PM

Looks like you're going to be disappointed.
A lot of the problems we face today are a direct result of the Bushista policies.

Old 05-21-2009, 03:03 PM

Quote:
I guess you don't read the news, then.
The VP has been visiting troops and doing regular VP stuff, not from an undisclosed bunker.
My VP? He's the VP of the US, voted in by 50% of those who voted.
Yeah, apparently the opposite party from yours.
Guess what, the dems won.

If you're so gung ho on torture, perhaps you'd like to volunteer for it yourself first.

If I was a criminal and plotted to kill thousands of people I DESERVE to be waterboarded and so would you.

But it is ok for loons in America for our people to be beheaded? Is that what you are saying? I thought so.

Old 05-21-2009, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Looks like you're going to be disappointed.
A lot of the problems we face today are a direct result of the Bushista policies.
Thanks for saying that.

Nope.

Linberal poster above already said " if it happens on your watch it is your baby ".

So if anything happens from here on it is on Obamas watch.

Nice try. Your watch now!

You cannot have it both ways.

So if I said 9/11 happened because Clinton failed to protect us and had been given info to stop this you would say it was on Bush's watch wouldn't you. Mixed up bunch of loons.

Old 05-21-2009, 03:36 PM

You can't blame people for trying to clean up the mess left by the person before them.
Try as you like, it doesn't work that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies