Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 06:18 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
That was one great answer to the Obama speech, especially considering that it came immediately afterward and had to have been written before this morning. I was impressed with Cheney doing his reading the old fashioned way from paper on his podium and Obama his normal way from Teleprompters.

Anyway I think that your quote contained the words about 9/11 and Cheney even mentioned the attack. Were there supposed to be some other attacks that didn't happen because of what our government did for us? I think so but then I am not an Obama swooner, like you, Duke, and I am not a Democrat. Maybe someday he will find a way to silence people like me. Don't you hope so.
Obama is working on that. He doesn't want any criticism at all. Did you hear? The White House is now providing it's own coverage to the news media? In otherwords, they are going to control what you hear, no matter where you get it from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2009, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Why are we seeing more of Cheney now than during his job in the administration?
Go away now. You had nothing to say then.
And does Obama have something to say? I barf every time the man gets behind a microphone.

Cheney has far more to say and makes far more sense. And his approval numbers have risen 8% in the last week. Obamas numbers are falling.

Old 05-22-2009, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Now, why would I want to silence you? You got to remember, I am not a Republican, you know, the party that decimated the Constitution... You got your rights, don't worry, I won't torture, that's kind of your thing!
Which is the Party that "decimated the Constitution"? How.

What do you call taking over the auto industries, and the banks? This guy Obama is ignoring the Constitution on every level. He has no regard for it whatsoever. He has absolutely no Constitutional authority to do what he's doing to the country, and these idiot Democrats in Congress are going along with him.

We have no representation. They don't care what we think. They have their agenda, and they are going to shove it down our throats. You can kiss your rights good-bye. Government run health care. Government determining what you can drive. Government controlling your bank and having access to your banking information. Government telling you how much you can earn in your field/position. That is Obama's America.

We are now in the Obama economy. He can no longer blame Bush. Everything we are facing today is his doing. Highest unemployment in many decades, and he's making it worse. Highest debt in American history. Our money is basically worthless.

States rights are going to be history. Good-bye Federalism. This is the Obama dictatorship. This is tyranny. We've got to get rid of this guy and fast, before it's too late. And the idiots in control in Congress too.

Old 05-22-2009, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
democrats are obsessed with keeping people like this and palin in the news. that way when they start to campaign, the bush presidency will still be in our minds. george bush is going to be the major talking point of the 2012 election no matter who the other candidate is. barack obama is so stupid that even if the candidate was ron paul, he would talk about nothing but george bush.
The guy is dumber than dirt. Or is he? I think this is all planned.

Old 05-22-2009, 06:36 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
I have personally met with my Representative and she listens to what I have to say. I have excellent representation. I do not know why you do not.

Old 05-22-2009, 07:26 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,314,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtAJC View Post
To the poster who knows everything...I WAS around for 9-11. I worked Ground Zero for over six weeks so don't get all sanctimonious to me. You liberals kill me....Clinton had two opportunities to take out Osama Bin Laden and REFUSED to do so. Stop rewriting history. If we hold Bush responsible for 9-11 and not Clinton because he removed all of our assets on the ground and totally crushed the morale of our intelligence gatherers then 9-11 may not have happened. I guess we can now hold the Messiah responsible for all the problems we are facing now and stop talking about "Failed Bush Policies"......
And Obama is doing the same thing Clinton did, crushing our intel and destroying our military and our defense with his silly policies. If anything we should be ramping up all those things.

9.11 was Clintons fault. Bush was only in office for a few months while Clinton had 7 years of knowledge and intel and did nothing.

They still will not believe Clinton failed to get Bin Laden when he had him right in his hands. Remember what liberals are all about and you will understand. It is rare to find a honest one in the bunch.

Old 05-22-2009, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
....why from today...?
Ok, how about we use Jan 20th, 2009 then, since you libs love to go backwards with everything.

Old 05-22-2009, 07:29 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
They still will not believe Clinton failed to get Bin Laden when he had him right in his hands

NeoConfusion, Urban Myth--It's all the same

Old 05-22-2009, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
The Vice President's speech, givien at the American Enterprise Institute, was very compelling. It was an excellent speech, and he was very articulate, as usual.

He pointed out that only 3 were ever waterboarded, and that information learned from the interrogation technique prevented an attack similar to the 9-11 attack from occuring in Los Angeles.

What Cheney is doing has nothing to do with "protecting a legacy". He is criticizing an administration that is undermining our intelligence gathering efforts, and purposefully (so it seems) providing our enemies with information that they will surely use against us.

Your posts, and post like yours, disgust me. They show you have no regard for America, nor the men and women who defend your right to post this kind of garbage.

Where were you on 9-11? Do you even remember what happend on that day? Were you ever in the military (doubtful)?

I am a Vietnam Vet, and proud. I love this country, and I wouldn't be going around like this idiot Obama is, apologizing to the world for the freedom that we enjoy and our defense of it. The man ought to be brought up on chages of treason, because he is not upholding his sworn oath. Hell, he isn't even an American.
Thank you for your service, no loon will give you credit for even serving and protecting us. They ( libs ) see you as the enemy.

His bowing to a Saudi Prince and apologizing to the world showed me just what a fool the man really is. Treason would be a start, he already has done more harm in 3 months then we can fix.

Old 05-22-2009, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
NeoConfusion, Urban Myth--It's all the same
So you are saying that is not correct? That Clinton had Bin Laden twice and failed or of course allowed him to go free?

Waiting to hear your answer.

One more time for you.

So Clinton did not have chances to get Bin Laden before 9-11 right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies