Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2009, 01:46 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,147,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokenwordfan View Post
This verse reffers to pagan temple prostitution, not homosexuality.
a man "lying with mankind as he does with a woman" doesnt have to do with homosexuality. Okay.

Old 05-23-2009, 02:59 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,929,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
Just for the record, in case no one else mentioned it, facts and opinions are not the same thing. In fact, they are mutually exclusive. One cannot claim his opinion as a fact.
Just for the record you can have an opinion of what is a fact or not a fact. Example many facts point to global warming, many facts point to there not being global warming. My opinion is that the facts show that we don't have global warming.

Old 05-23-2009, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Well, you keep putting it out there in my face...which requires some effort on your part to type....so it's hard to "buy" your protests that you are not arguing morality or religion. The topic of this thread is:"Anyone else proud to be a bigot like me".......Are you a bigot? That seems to be the question of the day.

I think someone else suggested the "Religion" forum would be a good place to just express your "opinon" and belief system ABOUT CHRISTIANITY.

What do you think about bigots?
BIGOT: a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion.

How do you feel about devout Christians? What do you think about bigots?

Old 05-23-2009, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
BIGOT: a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion.

if you're sensitive about pejoratives such as "bigot," maybe youre not very committed to your faith, I think is a version of what the OP is saying.

Back to the logic of the Inquisition IOW.

Old 05-23-2009, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
if you're sensitive about pejoratives such as "bigot," maybe youre not very committed to your faith, I think is a version of what the OP is saying.

Back to the logic of the Inquisition IOW.
Not sensitive at all. By definition all people are bigots. That is unless they accept everything under the sun. I am very committed to my faith. I know what I believe, my relationship with Christ. No problems here.

Old 05-23-2009, 05:22 PM

37,183 posts, read 19,186,140 times
Any consensual act between two (or more) adults is fine with me.

As long as I don't have to get involved or participate, I won't.

I believe in MYOB, and advocate it strongly for everyone.

Old 05-23-2009, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Not sensitive at all. By definition all people are bigots. That is unless they accept everything under the sun. I am very committed to my faith. I know what I believe, my relationship with Christ. No problems here.
so you shouldnt mind if people call you a bigot, because your faith is strong enough to withstand sticks and stones.

Old 05-23-2009, 07:31 PM

825 posts, read 2,819,544 times
Talking Liberals coined "bigot...yea right...and Al Gore invented the Internet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
No, I am very safe. I am a part of a majority anyway, a majority that believes marriage is between a man and a woman. You are in the minority, and because you aren't a bigot (liberal coined term) that makes you the one that isn't normal, and the one that is immoral and wrong.
Liberal coined term..comical, really. Do you think your hated liberals sit around contriving these words to label and disparage you and those like you?

Long before the word became into use in English in 1600......

1. It was a pejorative term used by the French against the Normans.

2. Also a pejorative term used to describe someone as a 'religious pretender'

3. And......a bit of history involving two of the Romance languages, moustaches, and the kingdoms of the early middle ages. Basically, the Latin V became a B in English so instead of Visigoth, it became shortened to Bigot.

Old 05-23-2009, 08:57 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,214,676 times
Quote:

I like Christians who don't TELL me they are Christians. I like Christians who "demonstrate" their Christianity in their behavior and not by proselytizing. I like Christians who are kind, tolerant, compassionate, and, as I said, demonstrate their Christianity in the way they live. I've found those people to generally be very bright, wise, compassionate, fun, and interesting people.......such interesting people.....as well as people who can deal with life so well and are so wise and kind, (they seem very happy) that ultimately I will ask them about their beliefs. THAT'S when I learn that they are Christians.

Speaking of Christians, a name which comes to mind is Mother Teresa. I like the way she chose to spread the love of Christ. And I find this quote interesting.

"There should be less talk; a preaching point is not a meeting point.
What do you do then? Take a broom and clean someone's house. That says enough."
Mother Teresa

As for bigots, it is certainly not a "goal" I would ever strive to attain.

Last edited by Austin13; 05-23-2009 at 09:15 PM..

Old 05-23-2009, 09:03 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,207,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sray017 View Post
Christians aren't by definition bigots. It's those unfortunate people who interpret the bible to support their own agenda who are bigots. Please don't lump me, or other Christians who do support equality, in with yourself.
{{{sray017}}} I agree. The OP is an example of why I too often find myself saying "I am a Christian, but..."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies