Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2009, 11:36 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,483,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally posted by AaronK
I am a bigot. I do not support same-sex marriage, so by the left's warped up logic I must be a bigot. If not supporting this perversion is bigoted, if being a Christian means I am a bigot, if standing up for what I believe to be right makes me a bigot, then so be it.

I want to formally declare the word bigot to be positive. Such a word, when applied to right wingers especially, is an acclamation of intelligence. So bigots unite! I am a bigot and I am proud to be a bigot, because being a bigot is a good, positive thing. Not a bad or negative thing.
(responding to bold) And yet it was the oh so proud and bigoted pharisees that Jesus tore into the most.

Look, my views on homosexuality are traditional, but I really don't see how that means they're not allowed to have rights. One of my best friends is gay. I have two gay co-workers, and many very nice people are gay. In sum, I believe it is a sin, but I'm not in a position to deny them rights based on that belief. I'm indifferent toward gay marriage.

Also, isn't it interesting that we christians get all up in arms about homosexuality but not about divorce? I'm still waiting for an answer to that one.

Old 05-24-2009, 11:46 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
(responding to bold) And yet it was the oh so proud and bigoted pharisees that Jesus tore into the most.

Quote:
Also, isn't it interesting that we christians get all up in arms about homosexuality but not about divorce? I'm still waiting for an answer to that one.
Can I suggest -- it's because they cant feel self-righteous about divorce.

Old 05-24-2009, 02:19 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,932,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
good...and I'm sure you also live by "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you."

Right?
The Golden Rule? That is an interesting question. Why would you ask a question like that?

I'll bite though. Yes I do. If I were going down a path of destruction I would most definitely hope that someone would put back on the right path.

Old 05-24-2009, 02:23 PM

Quote:

Look, my views on homosexuality are traditional, but I really don't see how that means they're not allowed to have rights. One of my best friends is gay. I have two gay co-workers, and many very nice people are gay. In sum, I believe it is a sin, but I'm not in a position to deny them rights based on that belief. I'm indifferent toward gay marriage.

Oh, but you should not include all Christians in your claim. I am dead set against divorce, it has been a great contributor to the decline of our society, probably more so that homosexuality. What so many Christians fail to realize is that it matters none what sin you are living in, it is all sin. That is why we all need a savior!

Old 05-24-2009, 02:32 PM

Quote:

The Pharisees brought Jesus's wrath because they thought they were holy above reproach. They felt that if they lived a life with strict adherence to the law that they did not need a savior. This is the exact opposite of what Christians are taught. We are taught that we can do nothing to earn salvation short of trusting in our savior.

Also, isn't it interesting that we Christians get all up in arms about homosexuality but not about divorce? I'm still waiting for an answer to that one.

Oh, but you should not include all Christians in your claim. I am dead set against divorce, it has been a great contributor to the decline of our society, probably more so that homosexuality. What so many Christians fail to realize is that it matters none what sin you are living in, it is all sin. That is why we all need a savior!
Not all Christians feel the same. We are as varied as any other group. One thing in common though is that all have sinned and all need a savior.

Old 05-24-2009, 03:42 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,952,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
I am a bigot. I do not support same-sex marriage, so by the left's warped up logic I must be a bigot. If not supporting this perversion is bigoted, if being a Christian means I am a bigot, if standing up for what I believe to be right makes me a bigot, then so be it.

I want to formally declare the word bigot to be positive. Such a word, when applied to right wingers especially, is an acclamation of intelligence. So bigots unite! I am a bigot and I am proud to be a bigot, because being a bigot is a good, positive thing. Not a bad or negative thing.
I am a straight guy and I can't understand why some other straight people are so preoccupied with gay and lesbian people. Why are there so many posts from straight people complaining about gay people. How in the world does another person being gay affect you? Maybe their preoccupation is a mask for repressed tendencies.

Old 05-24-2009, 04:33 PM

1,242 posts, read 2,460,826 times
First I want to say I do not consider myself a bigot. This thread was created to highlight the fact that I think the term bigot is thrown around too loosely by anyone with a differing opinion. Miss California was called a bigot repeatedly for standing up for her traditional views of marriage. So have I been called one.

But whatever, I don't care what some loser leftist thinks about me.

Old 05-24-2009, 04:43 PM

2,385 posts, read 4,334,853 times
Quote:
First I want to say I do not consider myself a bigot. This thread was created to highlight the fact that I think the term bigot is thrown around too loosely by anyone with a differing opinion. Miss California was called a bigot repeatedly for standing up for her traditional views of marriage. So have I been called one.

Sure, that's why you made a whole post defending yourself.

And I think that fake-breasted, lying, blonde bimbo did gay people a service by adhering to her beliefs because it shows how confused, illogical, and hypocritical homophobes really are. As far as I'm concerned, she is the perfect poster child.

Last edited by Violett; 05-24-2009 at 04:54 PM..

Old 05-24-2009, 04:53 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:

So, you're proud to be something you don't consider yourself to be?

Are you NeoConfused or just confused?

Old 05-24-2009, 05:37 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
And I think that fake-breasted, lying, blonde bimbo
hey, watch it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies