Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 02:02 AM

2,385 posts, read 4,335,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Like Taxes View Post
Because teaching math, science, English, art, history over homosexuality is offensive to some people.
lol, yeah, because saying "sometimes people of the same sex like to do it with each other, and by the way, don't beat them up" really takes a lot of time away from teaching the rest of the curriculum.

Quote:
Many gays and their supporters a like the religious right. They take the stance that if you don't support their views, then you are angry and hostile.
It's not that we think you are angry and hostile, unless you come across as angry and hostile, and a lot of people do. We want you to support our views because by not teaching tolerance, it opens to door to gay bashing and discrimination. We're not, or at least I'm not, saying that you have to like it, just that you should accept it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2009, 02:02 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,533,364 times
They teach tolerance of different people and viewpoints...where do you get the idea that it has become a major academic course like math etc... I am gay and really do not get this agenda stuff...like we are all secretly communicating to each other??? We are all different, just like straight people.

Old 05-23-2009, 02:03 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,920,902 times
Quote:
Because teaching math, science, English, art, history over homosexuality is offensive to some people.

Many gays and their supporters a like the religious right. They take the stance that if you don't support their views, then you are angry and hostile.

Some people have a problem with education and use it as a resource to promote their own agenda.
gayness isn't being taught... tolerance is being taught.. to address harrassment and bullying in the schools.. Diversity and cultural awareness has been taught in schools for years now.. simply including LGBT into it is what is happening.. and now all of the sudden you people want to make it out to be the gays indoctrinating your children... really??? I challenge you to come to my school and find any ounce of evidence to support your claims... you won't find it... but you like to shout it from the rooftops because you don't believe gays should recieve tolerance period..
let me ask you... do you think it is appropriate for students to be calling each other "f8ggot" at school? do you think it's appropriate to for children to name call and tease another child and call their parents "f8ggots"???
if you have common sense enough to say.. no you don't agree with such behaviour.. I have to ask.. how would you go about handling the issue? when it is completely apparent that it is targeted towards that group of people or the children of those people??? if you don't like tolerance education and awareness for gays...I'm all ears.. how should we properly handle the situation? when it continually keeps happening????? Lets hear some solutions...

Old 05-23-2009, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
They teach tolerance of different people and viewpoints...where do you get the idea that it has become a major academic course like math etc... I am gay and really do not get this agenda stuff...like we are all secretly communicating to each other??? We are all different, just like straight people.
lol, I totally took Homosexuality in fifth period.

/sarcasm

Old 05-23-2009, 02:12 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,533,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
lol, I totally took Homosexuality in fifth period.

/sarcasm
Was it 3 days a week or five lol.....Where do they think us old guys (me) came from? And no smarty answers.....I really do not get why they twist a tolerance workshop into a sex agenda...I guess their minds are in the gutter.

Old 05-23-2009, 02:13 AM

654 posts, read 466,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
lol, yeah, because saying "sometimes people of the same sex like to do it with each other, and by the way, don't beat them up" really takes a lot of time away from teaching the rest of the curriculum.
If it was that easy, then why mandate it at a federal level?

Quote:
It's not that we think you are angry and hostile, unless you come across as angry and hostile, and a lot of people do. We want you to support our views because by not teaching tolerance, it opens to door to gay bashing and discrimination. We're not, or at least I'm not, saying that you have to like it, just that you should accept it.
I am an atheist and do not support atheist teaching and tolerance. I support education, so why do you disagree that resources should be taken away from education to support gays?

Why do gays and their supporters get hostile over impartial teachings at an young age and demand homosexuality to be taught at a young age?

Why not wait until highschool and offer an sexuality class at the elective level instead of mandating homosexuality at a young level?

Old 05-23-2009, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
Was it 3 days a week or five lol.....Where do they think us old guys (me) came from? And no smarty answers.....I really do not get why they twist a tolerance workshop into a sex agenda...I guess their minds are in the gutter.
I genuinely believe that people deliberately do not educate themselves just so that they can hold onto their prejudices. They don't want to hear it's about tolerance, they've made up their minds it's to force children into being gay and any attempts to dislodge that view are met with people putting their hands over their ears and going "la la la".

Old 05-23-2009, 02:19 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
I know the reason my brother gets worked up about the gay marriage issue is that he feels that to deny it or regulate it federally is unconstitutional.

Old 05-23-2009, 02:20 AM

Quote:
If it was that easy, then why mandate it at a federal level?
To force teachers into it?

Quote:
I am an atheist and do not support atheist teaching and tolerance. I support education, so why do you disagree that resources should be taken away from education to support gays?
But this isn't happening. Resources aren't being "taken away from education to support gays". Why do you insist on believing this?

Quote:
Why do gays and their supporters get hostile over impartial teachings at an young age and demand homosexuality to be taught at a young age?
I think kids can never be too young to be taught tolerance.

Quote:
Why not wait until highschool and offer an sexuality class at the elective level instead of mandating homosexuality at a young level?
No one is "mandating homosexuality". Please quit deliberately twisting the idea around in such a way that makes it sound unreasonable. Telling children that sometimes people of the opposite sex fall in love and create a couple does not mandate homosexuality.

Old 05-23-2009, 02:23 AM

654 posts, read 466,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
gayness isn't being taught... tolerance is being taught.. to address harrassment and bullying in the schools.. Diversity and cultural awareness has been taught in schools for years now.. simply including LGBT into it is what is happening.. and now all of the sudden you people want to make it out to be the gays indoctrinating your children... really???
Young children are impartial. It takes age and experience to learn racism and intolerance.

Quote:
I challenge you to come to my school and find any ounce of evidence to support your claims... you won't find it... but you like to shout it from the rooftops because you don't believe gays should recieve tolerance period..
Children should be taught math, science, art, history, English, not intolerance.

I would never come to you school and teach your children since you have an agenda besides education.

Quote:
let me ask you... do you think it is appropriate for students to be calling each other "f8ggot" at school? do you think it's appropriate to for children to name call and tease another child and call their parents "f8ggots"???
if you have common sense enough to say.. no you don't agree with such behaviour.. I have to ask.. how would you go about handling the issue? when it is completely apparent that it is targeted towards that group of people or the children of those people??? if you don't like tolerance education and awareness for gays...I'm all ears.. how should we properly handle the situation? when it continually keeps happening????? Lets hear some solutions...
Jr High Schools years are a b.itch, but I never support regulating morality, and I would never rely on the state to solve your problems, but I would rely on the community.

You are nothing but a fascist that wants to regulate morality and use state powers to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies