Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 03:05 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,681,792 times

Advertisements

Obviously, some people want kids to remain ignorant and anti-gay. They're clearly anti-gay themselves, but they can't admit it. They say they want to be "impartial", but what this means is that they'd rather bury their heads in the sand and pretend as if there's no problems at all. They think it's perfectly fine for kids to grow up believing that gays are mentally ill, etc.

Their bigotry is obvious. They'll try to tell us that we're somehow the ones who are intolerant, but that's ridiculous. I'm so glad the school boards are moving toward teaching kids that gays exist in the world and that bullying them is wrong. If you don't like your kids learning that there are gays in the world, then you need to home school them or put them in a closed-minded, religious private school where it's still perfectly fine to be anti-gay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2009, 03:06 AM

654 posts, read 466,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
OMG, look at me! I use fancy buzzwords but don't explain exactly what I'm talking about and if anyone asks for clarification, I dodge the question by saying others are too stupid or uneducated to understand me.
I'll explain opportunity cost to you. Its when you give up your time for something else.

You never asked for clarification, so please stop playing the victim.

Old 05-23-2009, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Obviously, some people want kids to remain ignorant and anti-gay. They're clearly anti-gay themselves, but they can't admit it. They say they want to be "impartial", but what this means is that they'd rather bury their heads in the sand and pretend as if there's no problems at all. They think it's perfectly fine for kids to grow up believing that gays are mentally ill, etc.
Teaching math, science, art, history is now being anti-gay and bigotry?

Quote:
Their bigotry is obvious. They'll try to tell us that we're somehow the ones who are intolerant, but that's ridiculous.
You are. I am an atheist and do not promote my agenda, but you do.

Quote:
I'm so glad the school boards are moving toward teaching kids that gays exist in the world and that bullying them is wrong. If you don't like your kids learning that there are gays in the world, then you need to home school them or put them in a closed-minded, religious private school where it's still perfectly fine to be anti-gay.
Not only is the state responsible for education, but they are also responsible for morality.

Go join the religious right!.

Old 05-23-2009, 03:32 AM

Gay people who call me a bigot, but cannot support their claims nor their support of gay rights that is congruent with liberal philosophy.

Last edited by I Like Taxes; 05-23-2009 at 03:55 AM..

Old 05-23-2009, 11:49 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,427,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
well there's plenty of straight people out there with gay son's, daughters, cousins, sisters, brothers, mothers, fathers, co-workers, friends....
and when we see the people we love subjected to injustice... I could certainly see why there are straight people VERY pissed off about gay issues...
I think most people are less forgiving of those who hurt someone they love than of someone who hurts them.

Old 05-23-2009, 04:11 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,957,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
You missed the point. It goes both ways.
No sir I don't think so - you see I am not refering to all Str8 people. I am referring to the individuals who have such a strong anti-homosexual inclination. These individuals are so shameful of their sexuality that they need to attack it because by attacking others, they are attacking the feeling they have inside and keeping it at bay. This same-sex attraction attacks everything fundamentally that they hold dearly in their value system, yet the feeling still exists and it is this inner turmoil and inner conflict they are dealing with....why they are so full of hate - they hate a part of themselves - they are in pain.

Old 05-23-2009, 04:17 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,460,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mississauga75 View Post
No sir I don't think so - you see I am not refering to all Str8 people. I am referring to the individuals who have such a strong anti-homosexual inclination. These individuals are so shameful of their sexuality that they need to attack it because by attacking others, they are attacking the feeling they have inside and keeping it at bay. This same-sex attraction attacks everything fundamentally that they hold dearly in their value system, yet the feeling still exists and it is this inner turmoil and inner conflict they are dealing with....why they are so full of hate - they hate a part of themselves - they are in pain.
What makes you think that because someone is strongly against homosexuality (the act) that they feel shameful of their own sexuality?

My value system has nothing to do with why I find the homosexual act detestable.

Old 05-23-2009, 04:25 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,957,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
What makes you think that because someone is strongly against homosexuality (the act) that they feel shameful of their own sexuality?

My value system has nothing to do with why I find the homosexual act detestable.
I'm not talking about you specifically - but i do strongly believe that this is a valid explanation for individuals with a strong hatred for homosexuality. For instance, you might find eating frog legs detestable, that doesn't mean you would deny those who eat frog legs the right to marry....unless inwardly, you have such strong hatred for frog leg eaters because you've had an urge to eat frog legs and you are ashamed.

Old 05-23-2009, 04:26 PM

3,980 posts, read 8,991,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
I'm just asking; I haven't seen such blind hatred since the Cold War.
Because supporting people that have been/and continue to be discriminated against is wrong (whether it's religious, cultural, racial, age, sexuality etc).

As a married hetero woman with children, I hope that someday, whether my kids turn out homosexual or not, they will be able to partner with whomever they want to and not have to answer to strangers about having the same rights as myself and my husband.

As an American, I believe the words of the Declaration of Independence should still have validity about "All men being created equal"..

Old 05-23-2009, 04:27 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
people become emotional for any number of reasons, they may have good ethics and are resisting something genuinely evil, or they may be crazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies