Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 10:43 AM

1,653 posts, read 4,298,741 times

Advertisements

YouTube - Barack on Clean Coal in Virginia

I just watched that video and listened to the man on the bench say he supports Obama because he was brought up just like us. He said he was a laborer.

Oh really?

Well, first of all remember he was only in Hawaii for 2 yrs. until his Mom ditched his drunk Dad and ran off to Indonesia to be with another man.

Then his Mom sends him back to Hawaii when he is about 8 to be raised by his Grandmother who was a VICE PRESIDENT of Bank Of Hawaii. His "Typical White person" Grandmother sent him to Punahou. The most elite school in Hawaii.

He went there from 8-18 yrs old. Now I have no idea when the "food stamps" that he claimed he was on came into being since there was no such thing when the Mom was there with the first husband. Then it was started up as an experimental program later but Obama was already there with his Vice President Grandmother and attending Punahou.

Here, take a look at the tuition of Punahou and see if you think Obama is just like you and me. This is his grade school and his high school.
Punahou: Tuition and Payment (look on the 6th line)

Last edited by JennySquirrel; 05-25-2009 at 10:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 10:53 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,318,057 times
Obama was a silver spoon kid who never knew hard labor in his life. He has had every advantage and privilege of the same supposed upper class he villainizes.

As for the man on the bench...
Large quantities of Kool Aide can make a person say some really stupid things. Just witness the posts on CD.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:56 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,091,500 times
hussein obama is not just like us. I am an American citizen and he is not.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Obama was a silver spoon kid who never knew hard labor in his life. He has had every advantage and privilege of the same supposed upper class he villainizes.

As for the man on the bench...
Large quantities of Kool Aide can make a person say some really stupid things. Just witness the posts on CD.
Yep! and there has been a steady flow of the Kool Aide for a couple years now.

Old 05-25-2009, 11:06 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,641,953 times
Just like all politicians.
Bush and his 'gosh dernit, I'm juss a Texan' crap when in reality that boy was raised in the lap of luxury and never had to worry about money.
Obamas mom was a flake, its true - but his upbringing with his grandparents was probably like a lot of American upper middle class. But no, he was not raised in the ghetto with nothing but hope and government cheese.
Clinton was legitimately able to talk about his working class roots, as was Reagan. Carter came from a richer then hell family as did the Kennedys. But to be fair, I don't believe either Carter or Kennedy tried to pretend otherwise.

I don't know when it became fashionable for politicians to pretend to understand the working class when by and far they tend to come from wealth.

Old 05-25-2009, 11:16 AM

1,463 posts, read 6,222,866 times
he seems down to earth...for a guy who's lived extraordinary life...

Old 05-25-2009, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I don't know when it became fashionable for politicians to pretend to understand the working class when by and far they tend to come from wealth.
Well, it is funny because while I wasn't a Palin supporter she was from humble, "working class" back ground and she was attacked for it.

Let's face it, no one without money or an ivy league eduation is going to get into office.

Old 05-25-2009, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy7fo View Post
Seems is the keyword there.

This is a man who attented nothing but elite schools, never lifted a finger to work in his life and his wife is wearing $550 tennis shoes to go to food banks. Doesn't sound too down to earth to me.

Old 05-25-2009, 11:23 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,529,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post

YouTube - Barack on Clean Coal in Virginia

I just watched that video and listened to the man on the bench say he supports Obama because he was brought up just like us. He said he was a laborer.

Oh really?

Well, first of all remember he was only in Hawaii for 2 yrs. until his Mom ditched his drunk Dad and ran off to Indonesia to be with another man.

Then his Mom sends him back to Hawaii when he is about 8 to be raised by his Grandmother who was a VICE PRESIDENT of Bank Of Hawaii. His "Typical White person" Grandmother sent him to Punahou. The most elite school in Hawaii.

He went there from 8-18 yrs old. Now I have no idea when the "food stamps" that he claimed he was on came into being since there was no such thing when the Mom was there with the first husband. Then it was started up as an experimental program later but Obama was already there with his Vice President Grandmother and attending Punahou.

Here, take a look at the tuition of Punahou and see if you think Obama is just like you and me. This is his grade school and his high school.
Punahou: Tuition and Payment (look on the 6th line)

He's different, mixed parentage, not a "vetted Christian", ya know. Half white family.

And somehow, this all matters. How much you want to bet that anyone who would post such drivel as what I quoted relies on emotion, rather than intellect, to get thru their day? Mixed up emotions, I might add

Old 05-25-2009, 11:26 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,318,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy7fo View Post
Earth to zippy...
I'll bet you got a tingle running down your leg as you typed that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies