Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 05:51 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,340,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
Are you aware that he went to Occidental College and has
Pakistani roommates. He graduates and take an extended trip to Pakistan and then suddenly comes back and is accepted into Harvard?

Don't you think that is is quite odd for a self proclaimed brillant man who happens to be black was not able to get a full scholarship to Harvard? He sure should have.

Now we don't know this for a fact because he had all his records sealed but he is either lying about being so brilliant, or he is lying about who actually paid for this education.

I still find it odd that no one at Hardvard remembered him? You'd think a few people would have remembered him.

I really can't say I know anyone who is in their late 40's and still paying off student loans.
You have clearly defined yourself with this post. Thanks....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 05:51 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,845,143 times
I am confused. how did he afford private schools? wasn't the mother he hid during the campaign to keep up the illusion that he is "black" on welfare?

Old 05-25-2009, 05:52 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times
Quote:
I really can't say I know anyone who is in their late 40's and still paying off student loans.
I do. And may more who flat out defaulted.

Old 05-25-2009, 05:54 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I do. And may more who flat out defaulted.
unless they are doctors, they sure as hell didn't major in finance.

Old 05-25-2009, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
unless they are doctors, they sure as hell didn't major in finance.
What in the world are you blubbering about anyway? Point please?

Old 05-25-2009, 05:56 PM

Quote:
What in the world are you blubbering about anyway? Point please?
still paying off student loans in their 40's? give me a break.

Old 05-25-2009, 05:57 PM

Quote:
still paying off student loans in their 40's? give me a break.
Prove he wasn't. Prove nobody in theri 40's is paying off loans. Otherwise give your fingers a rest and stop looking foolish.

Old 05-25-2009, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Prove he wasn't. Prove nobody in theri 40's is paying off loans. Otherwise give your fingers a rest and stop looking foolish.

don't need to prove anything. if you can't pay off your student loans by the time you are 40, you had better be a doctor. like I said, if you can't, they didn't major in finance. I didn't know that you were talking about tards, as they would be the only ones paying off student loans in their 40's. I think 18 years is enough time. now how bout you give your little fingers a rest son.

Old 05-25-2009, 07:15 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,340,548 times
Quote:
don't need to prove anything. if you can't pay off your student loans by the time you are 40, you had better be a doctor. like I said, if you can't, they didn't major in finance. I didn't know that you were talking about tards, as they would be the only ones paying off student loans in their 40's. I think 18 years is enough time. now how bout you give your little fingers a rest son.
Quote:
[SIZE=2]Types of Repayment Plans [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]The repayment plans are as follows: [/SIZE]

• [SIZE=2]
  • Standard Repayment. Under this plan you will pay a fixed monthly amount for a loan term of up to 10 years. Depending on the amount of the loan, the loan term may be shorter than 10 years. There is a $50 minimum monthly payment.
  • Extended Repayment. This plan is like standard repayment, but allows a loan term of 12 to 30 years, depending on the total amount borrowed. Stretching out the payments over a longer term reduces the size of each payment, but increases the total amount repaid over the lifetime of the loan.
  • Graduated Repayment. Unlike the standard and extended repayment plans, this plan starts off with lower payments, which gradually increase every two years. The loan term is 12 to 30 years, depending on the total amount borrowed. The monthly payment can be no less than 50% and no more than 150% of the monthly payment under the standard repayment plan. The monthly payment must be at least the interest that accrues, and must also be at least $25.
  • Income-Contingent Repayment. Payments under the income contingent repayment plan are based on the borrower's income and the total amount of debt. Monthly payments are adjusted each year as the borrower's income changes. The loan term is up to 25 years. At the end of 25 years, any remaining balance on the loan will be discharged. The write-off of the remaining balance at the end of 25 years is taxable under current law. There is a $5 minimum monthly payment. Income Contingent Repayment is available only for Direct Loan borrowers.
  • Income-Sensitive Repayment. As an alternative to income contingent repayment, FFELP lenders offer borrowers income-sensitive repayment, which pegs the monthly payments to a percentage of gross monthly income. The loan term is 10 years.
  • Income-Based Repayment. The College Cost Reduction and Access Act of 2007 introduced income-based repayment as a more generous alternative to income-sensitive and income-contingent repayment, starting on July 1, 2009. Unlike income-contingent repayment and income-sensitive repayment, it is available in both the Direct Loan and FFEL programs. Income-based repayment is like income contingent repayment, but caps the monthly payments at a lower percentage of a narrower definition of discretionary income. FinAid | Loans | Repayment Plans[/SIZE]
Apparently, one does not have to be a 'tard to take 18 or more years to pay back a college loan.

Old 05-25-2009, 07:17 PM

1,653 posts, read 4,298,741 times
Quote:
I am confused. how did he afford private schools? wasn't the mother he hid during the campaign to keep up the illusion that he is "black" on welfare?
Well his mother was dead from cancer. But his Grandmother was the one he claimed had a bad heart and had broker her hip. (remember he left the campaign and flew to Hawaii for 4 hrs to say goodbye) but then once she died we found out she had cancer, not the broken hip story. She was white and he only displayed her pics when he was in Kansas or was in front of white seniors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies