Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 03:42 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
Some people have kids and can't raise them and the kids live in the hood and attend the worst schools. They are not attending top schools and I bet their Grandmothers aren't VP of banks.
But some are. Are you saying he can't claim to be just like someone unless that someone isn't the worst off among us? That's weird.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 03:50 PM

1,091 posts, read 3,593,198 times
Quote:
Some people have kids and can't raise them and the kids live in the hood and attend the worst schools. They are not attending top schools and I bet their Grandmothers aren't VP of banks.
Are you aware that Obama only recently- in his early 40s- finished paying off all of his student loans?

Sure sounds like an ordinary guy to me.
Grandma might've footed the bill for prep school, but she sure as hell didn't pay for all those years of college and law school.
He did that with loans... just like everybody else.

Old 05-25-2009, 03:50 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times
Your irrational hatred of both Obamas and of his mother is really starting to boil over and spill onto the floor, Jenny, maybe you should quit before other people notice.

P.S. Could you share the name of Jackie Kennedy's stylist's company that you said Michelle hired? I looked on the web and couldnt find mention of it, and asked you nicely three times.

Old 05-25-2009, 03:51 PM

1,653 posts, read 4,298,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
..and still is, to this day.

how many times have hateful leftists here whined about 'trailer trash' palin this and 'white trash' palin that?
You are right. They have attacked her kids, attacked her husband, claimed her baby wasn't hers, have filed frivilous law suits against her to cost her 500K to defend.

I remember hearing a reporter on CNN dissing her because she went to several colleges before she graduated attacking the fact she went to a community college for some of her classes.

I say big frecking deal. I give her more credit for working hard to achieve that goal of finishing college than I give to people who were attended ivy league schools and had someone foot the bill for it.

So what message does this send to kids? It tells us it is OK to be black or white to be President but no matter what you better have graduated from Harvard, Yale, Purdue, Columbia, Standord, Brown,etc. or you will be attacked and won't stand a chance.

Old 05-25-2009, 03:54 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times
Quote:
So what message does this send to kids? It tells us it is OK to be black or white to be President but no matter what you better have graduated from Harvard, Yale, Purdue, Columbia, Standord, Brown,etc. or you will be attacked and won't stand a chance

Well, honestly, kind of..yeah. I don't want someone "just like me" running the country. I want someone better, smarter, and more educated than me in the White House.

Old 05-25-2009, 03:56 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
he is, you are from hawaii & your mom is a millionaire right?

Old 05-25-2009, 03:59 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times
Quote:
You are right. They have attacked her kids, attacked her husband, claimed her baby wasn't hers, have filed frivilous law suits against her to cost her 500K to defend.

I remember hearing a reporter on CNN dissing her because she went to several colleges before she graduated attacking the fact she went to a community college for some of her classes.

I say big frecking deal. I give her more credit for working hard to achieve that goal of finishing college than I give to people who were attended ivy league schools and had someone foot the bill for it.

So what message does this send to kids? It tells us it is OK to be black or white to be President but no matter what you better have graduated from Harvard, Yale, Purdue, Columbia, Standord, Brown,etc. or you will be attacked and won't stand a chance.
Scholarships = baaad. Doing so badly in school you cant get a scholarship = gooood.

One of us! One of us!

Old 05-25-2009, 04:00 PM

1,653 posts, read 4,298,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane72 View Post
Are you aware that Obama only recently- in his early 40s- finished paying off all of his student loans?
Are you aware that he went to Occidental College and has
Pakistani roommates. He graduates and take an extended trip to Pakistan and then suddenly comes back and is accepted into Harvard?

Don't you think that is is quite odd for a self proclaimed brillant man who happens to be black was not able to get a full scholarship to Harvard? He sure should have.

Now we don't know this for a fact because he had all his records sealed but he is either lying about being so brilliant, or he is lying about who actually paid for this education.

I still find it odd that no one at Hardvard remembered him? You'd think a few people would have remembered him.

I really can't say I know anyone who is in their late 40's and still paying off student loans.

Last edited by JennySquirrel; 05-25-2009 at 04:11 PM..

Old 05-25-2009, 05:41 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,845,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Scholarships = baaad. Doing so badly in school you cant get a scholarship = gooood.

One of us! One of us!

you're getting really flustered. take a deep breath.

Old 05-25-2009, 05:47 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,340,548 times
Quote:

YouTube - Barack on Clean Coal in Virginia

I just watched that video and listened to the man on the bench say he supports Obama because he was brought up just like us. He said he was a laborer.

Oh really?

Well, first of all remember he was only in Hawaii for 2 yrs. until his Mom ditched his drunk Dad and ran off to Indonesia to be with another man.

Then his Mom sends him back to Hawaii when he is about 8 to be raised by his Grandmother who was a VICE PRESIDENT of Bank Of Hawaii. His "Typical White person" Grandmother sent him to Punahou. The most elite school in Hawaii.

He went there from 8-18 yrs old. Now I have no idea when the "food stamps" that he claimed he was on came into being since there was no such thing when the Mom was there with the first husband. Then it was started up as an experimental program later but Obama was already there with his Vice President Grandmother and attending Punahou.

Here, take a look at the tuition of Punahou and see if you think Obama is just like you and me. This is his grade school and his high school.
Punahou: Tuition and Payment (look on the 6th line)
I watched the video and did not hear Obama say that he was
  • a laborer
  • a food stamp recipient
  • a public school student
  • from a poor family
What is your point with this post?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies