Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 07:29 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,934,385 times

Advertisements

Thanks to obama and the dems. All those who voted for this scum should be ashamed of what he is doing to this once great country, built on capitalism, entrepreneurialship, hard work and the myriad of opportunities this country has presented to it's citizens.

American capitalism gone with a whimper - Pravda.Ru

Quote:
The final collapse has come with the election of Barack Obama. His speed in the past three months has been truly impressive. His spending and money printing has been a record setting, not just in America's short history but in the world. If this keeps up for more then another year, and there is no sign that it will not, America at best will resemble the Wiemar Republic and at worst Zimbabwe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2009, 07:34 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,181,964 times
I wish you would stop with your bizarre threads...and instead invite me over for breakfast. I'd like 4 eggs (over, easy), hash browns, 6 sausage links, and several cups of coffee. I don't like toast.

Old 05-29-2009, 07:36 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,363,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
I wish you would stop with your bizarre threads...and instead invite me over for breakfast. I'd like 4 eggs (over, easy), hash browns, 6 sausage links, and several cups of coffee. I don't like toast.

Just as long as you don't want anything requiring tin-foil, THAT's already used up

Old 05-29-2009, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Thanks to obama and the dems. All those who voted for this scum should be ashamed of what he is doing to this once great country, built on capitalism, entrepreneurialship, hard work and the myriad of opportunities this country has presented to it's citizens.

Now that you've regaled us with the irrelevant Russki opinion can we look forward to those of China, North Korea, Albania, Fill-In-The-Blank-O-Stan, etc., etc., etc....................................?????????

Old 05-29-2009, 07:45 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,690,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Now that you've regaled us with the irrelevant Russki opinion can we look forward to those of China, North Korea, Albania, Fill-In-The-Blank-O-Stan, etc., etc., etc....................................?????????
I wouldn't call Russian opinion of Obama and the US as "irrelevant". Not just yet. They're still out to bury us, either by themselves or, more likely, with a partner or two.

Old 05-29-2009, 07:49 PM

639 posts, read 1,142,502 times
Wow....the article reads like it is.....scary that some would dismiss it upon face value. This is why the country is sliding down a VERY slippery slope. You know there are rumors out there about a Value Added Tax of 10% being enacted by the Feds?? Why would they do such a thing you ask?? Because they know it is going to cost TRILLIONS of dollars that we don't have to cover the "Sedative" Plan, Nationalized Health Care, and other handouts. Who do you think the 10% is going to hurt?? It won't hurt the uber rich...it won't hurt me in the middle class because I will REFUSE to buy a new car or make any purchases (vacations, travel etc) unless ABSOLUTELY necessary. The poor are the ones that get hurt....why you ask.....because they will have to pay a percentage of their income for staples just like the middle class and the rich. This will take up a greater percentage of their income than anyone making more money. Of course if I know Hussein, he will encact some sort of tax credit to anyone making under $40,000 so they wouldn't have to pay!!!! This country is doomed.....

Old 05-29-2009, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
I wouldn't call Russian opinion of Obama and the US as "irrelevant". Not just yet. They're still out to bury us, either by themselves or, more likely, with a partner or two.
!) I think the "they want to bury us" is part of the continuing McCarthy hangover this country suffers from

2) If not, WHY would anyone place any stock in the opinion of a country that wants to bury us ???????????????????????

Old 05-29-2009, 07:53 PM

4,574 posts, read 7,498,900 times
Ugh, did you pay attention in your History class about Marxism??

Old 05-29-2009, 07:57 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,051,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtAJC View Post
Wow....the article reads like it is.....scary that some would dismiss it upon face value. This is why the country is sliding down a VERY slippery slope. You know there are rumors out there about a Value Added Tax of 10% being enacted by the Feds?? Why would they do such a thing you ask?? Because they know it is going to cost TRILLIONS of dollars that we don't have to cover the "Sedative" Plan, Nationalized Health Care, and other handouts. Who do you think the 10% is going to hurt?? It won't hurt the uber rich...it won't hurt me in the middle class because I will REFUSE to buy a new car or make any purchases (vacations, travel etc) unless ABSOLUTELY necessary. The poor are the ones that get hurt....why you ask.....because they will have to pay a percentage of their income for staples just like the middle class and the rich. This will take up a greater percentage of their income than anyone making more money. Of course if I know Hussein, he will encact some sort of tax credit to anyone making under $40,000 so they wouldn't have to pay!!!! This country is doomed.....
It is easier to just bury your head in the sand and hope for the best rather then face the music. The Government loves it this way. They wants us to be scared of them and to continue to be divided. It makes their job alot easier.
Right now they have the perfect recipe with a Charasmatic, persuasive leader and a hard lined congress with no checks and balances to be found anywhere. Sounds like a recipe for disaster by my standards. But the sheeple think otherwise.

Old 05-29-2009, 08:02 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,690,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtAJC View Post

So true. I seem to recall Obama promised not ot raise taxes on anyone making $250K. He also repeatedly said that 95% of people won't pay any additional taxes (he didn't mention his plans for cigarette taxes, gasoline taxes, energy taxes...national sales tax...lookout...I see internet taxes on the horizon.)

The V.A.T. will apply to everything - even services, except that it won't show up on the receipt we pocket. It will be buried in the increased cost of the product or service. But rest assured, we won't notice that because we'll just think it's inflation. The country is being led down a path of no return, and I agree that unless people wake up the country is doomed. We won't recognize it when Obama gets done with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies