Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2009, 08:21 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambintime View Post
It is now time for a real health system for us all, not just mr and mrs wealthy.
FACT: We HAVE a "real health system" in the United States.

FACT: The Health system is not "just for" "Mr. and Mrs. Wealthy"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 08:21 PM

221 posts, read 219,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Depends on the system, the Canadian system caps reimbursement. And not suprisingly there is a physician shortage.

Health care in Canada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I haven't read up on the canada system yet but we have a shirtage of doctors here too. I did notice when reading about the uk system they have many medical schools and they also train doctors in their universiytys. I think too much emphasis is put on one countrys system. surely we in America could look at all the systems and take the best parts from each. i do know now that uhc system is not what i believed it to be. i was told how it couldnt work but i am seeing now that it can. doctors would not be capped ecxept by their own limitations or how much they want to earn and they do not have to perform unnedded surgery to put their salary up. i bet there are many here that do as the system here is very money led.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
FACT: We HAVE a "real health system" in the United States.

FACT: The Health system is not "just for" "Mr. and Mrs. Wealthy"
No " real system" would let millions of us down. it is only "real" for people who can afford it and that is a "FACT"

Old 06-03-2009, 08:27 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Quote:
I haven't read up on the canada system yet but we have a shirtage of doctors here too. I did notice when reading about the uk system they have many medical schools and they also train doctors in their universiytys. I think too much emphasis is put on one countrys system. surely we in America could look at all the systems and take the best parts from each. i do know now that uhc system is not what i believed it to be. i was told how it couldnt work but i am seeing now that it can. doctors would not be capped ecxept by their own limitations or how much they want to earn and they do not have to perform unnedded surgery to put their salary up. i bet there are many here that do as the system here is very money led.
There are only 2 ways to cut health care costs. 1. cut reimbursement or 2. rationing. If there is another way I am open to hearing about it.

The US MD shortage is for an entirely different reason.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/...shortage_N.htm

Old 06-03-2009, 08:37 PM

There are many ways from what i have seen.
Stop the huge out of proportion claims made by these ambulance chasers.
economical buying of drugs by buying in bulk.
cutting the amount of administrators. too many are clogging up the system.
at the moment a large proportion of what you pay does not go towards your healthcare. it goes to pay the insurance staff and addmin by them.
building bigger more efficient hospitals that can cope with a busy a& e.
there are other ways too but most are by using a uhc system that uses every cent that is paid into it for our health benefit and not a ceo benefit.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:48 PM

Quote:
at the moment a large proportion of what you pay does not go towards your healthcare. it goes to pay the insurance staff and addmin by them.
there are other ways too but most are by using a uhc system that uses every cent that is paid into it for our health benefit and not a ceo benefit.
What are you talking about buying drugs in bulk? Right now all drug companies are required to give rebates to the government and to insurance companies if they want tp be on their formularies.

Tort reform would help bit is a drop in the bucket in the overall scheme of things.

What administrators are you talking about?

Please document about a large portion of payments going to insurance overhead etc.

CEO pay is a drop in the bucket.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:58 PM

Quote:
With all due respect - your grammer and spelling are making it very difficult for this old man to interpert and understand what point or points you are trying to make.

Any chance you could work on these issues? You have some very good tools available to you right here to help!

Old 06-03-2009, 08:59 PM

Quote:
No " real system" would let millions of us down. it is only "real" for people who can afford it and that is a "FACT"
The "system" is not letting anyone down. And, the "system" is available to everyone - and that is a fact.

Old 06-03-2009, 09:02 PM

Quote:

Here is something interesting on health care cost drivers.

HCFO hot topic: Health Care Costs—Challenges and Solutions (http://www.hcfo.net/topic0308.htm - broken link)

Old 06-03-2009, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
With all due respect - your grammer and spelling are making it very difficult for this old man to interpert and understand what point or points you are trying to make.

Any chance you could work on these issues? You have some very good tools available to you right here to help!

They are making me spread my reps around or you would have had another one!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies