Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 09:30 AM

1,655 posts, read 3,248,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
I so wanted to be on board with this man as President, even though I did not vote for him.

With each passing day I grow disappointed and more than a little suspicious.
Synopsis, if you want to be "on board with this man", then may I humbly suggest that you read some of the stuff that people claim as "evidence". If you read the article, there is nothing new that he did not write about in his book. Did you not know that his father was Muslim/Atheist? Did you not know that he spent part of his childhood in Indonesia? What's new? He mentioned that in his interview with Al Aribaya(sp?) television shortly after he was inaugurated. Seriously, if you have an open mind, then open your eyes as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 09:32 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,480,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy night View Post
You all are so scared that he'll mess up so badly after all that hype it's pathetic. There is nothing you can say that makes him what you all have made him up to be.

What, no more tactics to bully us into believing he is nothing more than trouble for all of us?
You must have had no response to my post so you resort to whatever this is..Thanks for playing.

Old 06-03-2009, 09:46 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,586,637 times
Quote:
I have nothing against Muslims (at least the non radical types), but it is interesting on how President Obama is now changing his stance on this issue.

The Emergence of President Obama's Muslim Roots - Political Punch

Obama's father, in spite of his islamic name, was not a muslim. He was an atheist.

"Although Obama Sr. was born into a Muslim family, he was an atheist before he came to the United States"

Barack Obama, Sr. - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

But it is true that Obama Jr had extensive contact with muslim culture over the years. Perhaps this greater experience with islam will allow him to be more successful in dealing with those nations. Maybe, unlike Bush & co, he understands that sunnis and shiites don't see eye to eye.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:34 AM

229 posts, read 241,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salukifan1 View Post
Yes, many members of the extremely large bin Laden family reside in the U.S., at least part of the time. Hans Blix differs with you on the WMD situation, so I am forced to take the word of an expert on that. If we attacked who would it have made Bush a hero? We attacked them both, and found neither bin Laden nor WMD. To clarify, who are you referring to when you say, "..we would have found them?" The Taliban? They were
scattered all over Afghanistan initially. Al Quaeda? Scattered as well. There
is no doubt that Bush had the worst Secretary of Defense of any president
in modern times, bar none. Who knows how many soldiers died because he
second-guessed the military brass when it came to providing a sufficient
number of troops?

U.N. weapons inspector Hans Blix faults Bush Administration for lack of "critical thinking" in Iraq
If Bush found the WMDs in Iraq ..., Both campains were not run correctly, I firmly believe that if we had a surprise attack, less american soldiers would have been killed and we would have found bin laden and wmds. Politics getting in the way of strategy.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mississauga75 View Post
There is no way that the U.S could successfully engage in ground wars against Iran and N. Korea without incredible cost. If a fascist Iran and North Korea emerge with the capabilities of WW2 era Germany, than the world has to do something, but right now the situation isn't the same and there are far more checks and balances in terms of weaponry... Nuclear warheads and MAD.

Consider this- at the time of the 2003 Iraqi war their military was a joke in comparison to current day Iran or N.K. In addition, look at the cost to the U.S in human lives and money in Iraq... As soon as the U.S starts leaving Iraq, Iranian Shia influence will start to spread into Iraq.

I'm not saying the countries listed above are good guys. Hey look at all the bad guys in the world. We just can't overturn every tin pot dictator thats oppressive to his people. It is a noble goal but not doable at this time and with all the issues the U.S is facing - I think geopolitical status quo's from yesteryear have to go for its own good!... I think this is a fresh approach from Obama - give it a chance because i'm not sure there is another logical choice.
We dont need a ground war, just blow up the facilities. The rest of the world is turning the other way. The UN's lack of action forced our hand. Unfortunately we showed our hand. You don't warn somebody you will coming to rob their house and then expect the loot to be there when you arrive. I am not a war monger but just like under Clinton we will be tricked into thinking everything is OK. These people want to attack the US, they are not threatning all those other nations (except Britain). They stage a terrorist attack in Spain and the spanish pull out their troops instead of sending more or invading the area where the threat it came from. You are living in a fantasy land if you think the rest of the world will come together. It is the Brits, the Jews and the Americans, forget about the rest of the world.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:45 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,532,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Please explain. What is it that we don't know?

Oh, c'mon. We all know what we don't know, doncha' know.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:55 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deturmind View Post
We dont need a ground war, just blow up the facilities. The rest of the world is turning the other way. The UN's lack of action forced our hand. Unfortunately we showed our hand. You don't warn somebody you will coming to rob their house and then expect the loot to be there when you arrive. I am not a war monger but just like under Clinton we will be tricked into thinking everything is OK. These people want to attack the US, they are not threatning all those other nations (except Britain). They stage a terrorist attack in Spain and the spanish pull out their troops instead of sending more or invading the area where the threat it came from. You are living in a fantasy land if you think the rest of the world will come together. It is the Brits, the Jews and the Americans, forget about the rest of the world.
Maybe you should put in your app for Sec. of Defense.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
Hahaha, you are awesome.

Pay no attention to this Pentagon/CIA study, its nonsense.

The truth comes from this blog here.
OK, need to reply but then back to the Muslim thing. Lets see the CIA says in 1991 there are no WMDs. Well we invaded 12 years after that and they had completely rebuilt their army. If they did not have them Iran would have invaded but they were too scared after what he did to his own people. Be real, they had the technology and the formulas they just needed to rebiuld the infrastructure. 12 years was plenty of time.

Oh and yes, Obama was born a Muslim, once a muslim always a muslim. Not that there is anything wrong with that. How come he won't admit it? How come he is so ashamed of this wonderful religion? Muslims, even the moderate ones, will be insulted by this behavior. He is building bridges alright, bridges to nowhere or nowhere good, that is for sure.

He Has Gassed His Own People (http://hnn.us/articles/862.html - broken link)

Old 06-03-2009, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Maybe you should put in your app for Sec. of Defense.
Thanks, I could not stomach the politics... I would, however be a much better dictator than Obama. I would not flip flop as he has done so much. The world would fear me and would know if I said I will attack that I would. Instead we have, I am a muslim in my book, but never took it seriously, in fact I don't consider myself a muslin at all. Typical politician, at least Bush, whom I can't stand either, represented who he was and stuck to his guns ... even though he made horrible cabinet choices and many poor decisions ... but we all knew what to expect. Even the far left are scratching their heads about Obama. But he promised us he would do this .... fools! They screwed up, they trusted him.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:26 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,532,090 times
Quote:
He intentionally downplayed his Muslim ties during the campaign to quell the "fear" that people would have of his ties to Islam.
What Muslim ties? That's the question. His father who left when he was a toddler? His neighbors when he was a boy in Indonesia? The Muslim population of Chicago? What Muslim ties?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies