Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 09:00 PM

2,726 posts, read 6,115,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Um, no. People have STOPPED spending, that is the problem.
I disagree. We had been spending well beyond our means for years, and it finally caught up with us. The credit card and mortgage defaults are what took down the financial sector. Now people aren't spending because the banks aren't lending.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2009, 09:05 PM

156 posts, read 133,791 times
Quote:
The obama-media is in full spin mode.
Looks like the messiah forget to click his heels and wave his magic wand
oh, wait a minute, he forgot to wear those red shoes
but that's ok, the neocons are broiling with nothing better to offer
full spin? you mean like WMD spin?
Quote:
Um, no. People have STOPPED spending, that is the problem.
do you have any money to spend? I could use a loan.

Old 06-06-2009, 10:20 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,904,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
Great post. While funny (yet sad), it was frustrating to see Obama lamenting deficits and debt in light of the fact that HE just QUADRUPLED the 2009 deficit and is increasing the national debt to unseen levels. The 2009 debt was estimated to be around $ 570 Billion in Inauguration day (1-20-09) and the estimate now is near $ 2 Trillion.

It's scary to see people (including the media) cheerlead for this stuff while it is going to hurt ALL of us. It's frustrating to listen to people defend an Administration that is hurting their own lives.
Bush claimed a $459 billion deficit.
Without the wars.
Without TARP.
With budget tricks, hiding $400 billion in cost.

The only actual "spending" obama's done is the stimulus, which is 20% of the increase in the deficit.

Summary:
OLD ESTIMATE WAS LYING TO YOU

You bought a fantasy created by duplicitous or lazy politicians and political commentators.

Old 06-06-2009, 10:41 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,604,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
Bush claimed a $459 billion deficit.
Without the wars.
Without TARP.
With budget tricks, hiding $400 billion in cost.

The only actual "spending" obama's done is the stimulus, which is 20% of the increase in the deficit.

Summary:
OLD ESTIMATE WAS LYING TO YOU

You bought a fantasy created by duplicitous or lazy politicians and political commentators.

Man those Obamagoggles are in full operating mode.
When this idiots done..your kids.kids will owe money because of this fool..

Old 06-06-2009, 10:48 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
No ;Obama was left with the deciison on the second half of the TARP money;then he decided to spendit it;the stimulus and then loan the moaney to the auto companies. Bush keep the second half of the TARP for Obama to decide whether to spend it or not.All Bush spent was half of the TARP. You haven;t been watching it seems and live in Obamaland.Plus the fact that the second half that congress approved was for the second half of TARO was to go to solve the hosuing crisis . That is why congresss approved the borrowing.Obama identified that as the second priority but has doen sqaut o0n it and spent the mney gving AIG and others that money. He thenlaoned the auito companie money. Bush only spent the first hlaf of the TARP money on the banks as they told congress. Your living in Obamaland where evry chages from speech to speech and where a goal is a plan .

Old 06-06-2009, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
No ;Obama was left with the deciison on the second half of the TARP money;then he decided to spendit it;the stimulus and then loan the moaney to the auto companies. Bush keep the second half of the TARP for Obama to decide whether to spend it or not.All Bush spent was half of the TARP. You haven;t been watching it seems and live in Obamaland.Plus the fact that the second half that congress approved was for the second half of TARO was to go to solve the hosuing crisis . That is why congresss approved the borrowing.Obama identified that as the second priority but has doen sqaut o0n it and spent the mney gving AIG and others that money. He thenlaoned the auito companie money. Bush only spent the first hlaf of the TARP money on the banks as they told congress. Your living in Obamaland where evry chages from speech to speech and where a goal is a plan .
My source is the budget.
The numbers are there in black and white.

The second half of the TARP (the newest addition) is a placeholder.
It may not be spent.

Wouldn't that be something?
If we came in under-budget?

Old 06-06-2009, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Man those Obamagoggles are in full operating mode.
When this idiots done..your kids.kids will owe money because of this fool..
I'm curious if you think you added something to the discussion.

Old 06-06-2009, 11:04 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,604,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
I'm curious if you think you added something to the discussion.

Ya I think I did..obamas a idiot

Old 06-06-2009, 11:05 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Ya I think I did..obamas a idiot
Truer words were never said

Old 06-06-2009, 11:16 PM

You've demonstrated great debating skills and powerful reading comprehension.
Enough that I assume I will never be able to sway such great intellects.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies