Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 11:24 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,600,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Oh no...facts..How in the world will liberals reply to this?

Hmm I think double speak is coming..
I don't know what liberals will say, I am curious however - based on the information provided, those with access to the Fed funds have used 1/3 of the money requested. The banks and the treasury have issued statements that receivers are requesting to either return or reject TARP funds.

We also have seven of ten positive indicators that the economy is shifting towards recovery.

Are you upset they haven't used the other 2/3rds?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2009, 11:32 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,600,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Um, no. People have STOPPED spending, that is the problem. And they are not likely to rev the spending back up when they are unsure of how many new taxes obama is going hit them with - health care, cap and trade. There is just no way to pay for all his ideas - taxing the "rich" will get him nowhere close to closing the gap. That means his "promise" of taxes will go down the shi**er as well as the economy.
lol..No people stopped saving, that's been the problem. Anyone can spend, the discipline is saving.

Old 06-07-2009, 11:45 AM

2,661 posts, read 2,904,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Great Post. Democratic economic policies have consistently proven anti-business. When businesses pack up, the jobs go with them. I see no end in sight for the next 4 years. But Obama-lovers don't think sh*t stinks, so they'll blow your chart off as mere blather.
Who tells you these things?
Do you do your own research?

FACT: US economy does better under Democrats | Clipmarks (http://clipmarks.com/clipmark/82CCE5EF-2F53-4370-B15C-320D54244017/ - broken link)

Stock markets historically do better under Dems than Reps. - Jan. 22, 2004

Why the economy fares much better under Democrats | csmonitor.com

The stock market prefers Democratic presidents. - By Carol Vinzant - Slate Magazine

Get Rich With the Democrats - Stumped

Old 06-08-2009, 06:43 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,053,665 times
Default I find this very telling

I find this very telling

June 8 (Bloomberg) -- President Barack Obama, trying to bolster an economy he says still has a “long way to go,” announced 10 projects aimed at creating or saving more than 600,000 jobs, according to the administration.
The plans are meant to boost the effectiveness of a $787 billion stimulus measure sought by Obama and approved by Congress in February. The projects will be a key focus of recovery efforts during the next three months and create or save four times more jobs than during the first 100 days since the rescue bill became law, according to a White House news release.

SO the stimulus is a failure in other words? I find it very telling when the President has to tell us he needs to “boost the effectiveness" of the $787b Spendulus?

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=abeMQoRRXbok

Old 06-08-2009, 06:50 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
Unemployment reached its highest mark 2 years into Reagan's presidency, yet he is widely regarded as fixing the economy. Give it time.

Government-created jobs were never intended to keep up with the collapsing economy's job losses, only minimize the drop until the markets could recover, which all indications are that they are.

Old 06-08-2009, 06:52 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
I find this very telling

June 8 (Bloomberg) -- President Barack Obama, trying to bolster an economy he says still has a “long way to go,” announced 10 projects aimed at creating or saving more than 600,000 jobs, according to the administration.
The plans are meant to boost the effectiveness of a $787 billion stimulus measure sought by Obama and approved by Congress in February. The projects will be a key focus of recovery efforts during the next three months and create or save four times more jobs than during the first 100 days since the rescue bill became law, according to a White House news release.

SO the stimulus is a failure in other words? I find it very telling when the President has to tell us he needs to “boost the effectiveness" of the $787b Spendulus?

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=abeMQoRRXbok

I think that just means they are expediting implementation of the stimulus. I don't know why it was slow to begin with, but I guess anything they can do to speed it along is good.

Old 06-08-2009, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I think that just means they are expediting implementation of the stimulus. I don't know why it was slow to begin with, but I guess anything they can do to speed it along is good.
Well then the "greenshoots" that some economists are seeing demonstrate it would turn around without a waste of $787 billion taxpayer dollars.

Old 06-08-2009, 07:02 AM

See this is what I do not get:

Obama senior adviser David Axelrod argues that the stimulus program is working and points to fewer jobs lost in May than the month before as a hopeful sign of economic recovery. Improvements in unemployment numbers naturally come later, he said.

Obama Promises More than 600,000 Stimulus Jobs - Economy * US * News * Story - CNBC.com

How is the stimulus working if it has not been implemented?

It is complete hogwash. If they believe the economy has begun to turn then it has nothing to do with the stimulus.

Old 06-08-2009, 07:07 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
See this is what I do not get:

Obama senior adviser David Axelrod argues that the stimulus program is working and points to fewer jobs lost in May than the month before as a hopeful sign of economic recovery. Improvements in unemployment numbers naturally come later, he said.

Obama Promises More than 600,000 Stimulus Jobs - Economy * US * News * Story - CNBC.com

How is the stimulus working if it has not been implemented?

It is complete hogwash. If they believe the economy has begun to turn then it has nothing to do with the stimulus.

The Obama campers have taken the bait and are passing out the message again for the Village Idiot. Nothing is turning around at all, he just puts out his lies and his little followers run around and talk.

Some actually believe him and his made up stories.

His followers are easy to fool and he knows it.

Old 06-08-2009, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
The Obama campers have taken the bait and are passing out the message again for the Village Idiot. Nothing is turning around at all, he just puts out his lies and his little followers run around and talk.

Some actually believe him and his made up stories.

His followers are easy to fool and he knows it.
The Administration is already running for cover form its prediction that with the stimulus unemployment would not break 7.9%. Not only will that be broken it will be shattered. And notice how Not one media outlet has questioned the administration about this. They all bow down to accept whatever their master says.

Roubini Scoffs at Green Shoots Sees Dangerous Complacency: Tech Ticker, Yahoo! Finance=
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies