Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 09:27 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Its not that people haven't tried, so I won't bother. You don't get it even at the most basic level that the package you speak of is a lot more than a "stimulus", much less expect you to know that most of it was targeted towards growth and savings in the longer term. Too complicated for y'all to have a clue.

If tax cuts worked great, why did unemployment rate recovery post one of the mildest recessions (2001) take longer than it did during recessions? In fact, republicans were still at it over two years later, and here you're complaining after three months. Tax cuts are also a major reason for increasing budget deficits over last several year... or are deficits fine as long as it comes with "tax cuts"?

But then, shoot me next time I try to play logic with you guys. There is not much to be discussed, because I will be repeating points I've made since joining this board in dozens of threads. You're not going to stop crying anyway.
Your whole argument is flawed because the average unemployment under Bush was lower than Clintons, and liberals LOVE to proclaim that we had fabulously low unemployment under Clinton.

Gateway Pundit: Recession On Hold-- Poverty & Unemployment Decline During Bush Years (http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2008/08/recession-on-hold-poverty-declines.html - broken link)

Even unemployment for minorities dropped under Bush
http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=9942

Dont sit here and pretend that unemployment levels under Bush were high, and then try to argue that things like tax cuts dont work. You started with a flawed argument so the rest is just as flawed.

Everytime you raise things like taxes and minimum wage, things like unemployment goes up. There is only so much money to go around, when you require people that have money pay more, then need to "take it", (i.e. give less) to those that dont..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2009, 09:28 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,600,753 times
Default ~sigh....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Employment Situation Summary

Check out this chart; Take note - this chart was used by obama's economic team to market the stimulus. The "dots" are the actual numbers, which clearly show how wrong they are/were.

The obama-media is in full spin mode.

Hot Air » Blog Archive » Unemployment up to 9.4%
You simply must learn not to panic so often.

You did have a panicky candidate in the race so I suppose it's not surprising....

Remember, the President did say - Results 1 - 10 of about 198,000,000 for President Obama says things could get worse. (0.35 seconds)

Perhaps you could exercise some of those free market principles you so strongly ascribe to and create some jobs....you do support capitalism, don't you?

Old 06-05-2009, 09:32 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,972,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
you do support capitalism, don't you?
Unlike many realtors who stay silent about anti-capitalist measures such as 8,000 tax credits (applicable to down payments), FHA loans, and micromanaged tax policy with regards to mortgage interest.

Old 06-05-2009, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Cons: What's your solution? Once again, you complain but no solutions. You consider the recovery package a failure in it's 2-3 month but you offered no solutions. Not you, not your legislators, not McPalin. All you do is simply complain. The jobs loss this month has slowed which is positive not perfect..As somebody posted, I wish you guys would've waved your majic economic wand when you had total control for 6 of the last 8 years but you didn't..Trying to play the blame game with NO viable solution is not credible.
When Republicans had total control for 6 years, the country BOOMBED, and unemployment levels were VERY low, but sit here and pretend that isnt true..

Even unemployment under Clinton didnt drop until a Republican Congress, and unemployment for minotirities and teens were really down under Bush/Republican Congress.

the country has gone to pots since Democrats took over Congress, and now that they have all 3 branches, lookout.. We're in trouble..

Old 06-05-2009, 09:33 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,053,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
No. Because I understand the situation, and the recovery package.
Not sure you do. You should not be so trusting of our friends in washington.

Old 06-05-2009, 09:34 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
When Republicans had total control for 6 years, the country BOOMBED, and unemployment levels were VERY low, but sit here and pretend that isnt true..

Even unemployment under Clinton didnt drop until a Republican Congress, and unemployment for minotirities and teens were really down under Bush/Republican Congress.
Great Post. Democratic economic policies have consistently proven anti-business. When businesses pack up, the jobs go with them. I see no end in sight for the next 4 years. But Obama-lovers don't think sh*t stinks, so they'll blow your chart off as mere blather.

Old 06-05-2009, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You started with a flawed argument so the rest is just as flawed.

Everytime you raise things like taxes and minimum wage, things like unemployment goes up. There is only so much money to go around
lol...Proof?

Old 06-05-2009, 09:37 AM

Question So you effectively have either nothing to say, or, no point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Unlike many realtors who stay silent about anti-capitalist measures such as 8,000 tax credits (applicable to down payments), FHA loans, and micromanaged tax policy with regards to mortgage interest.
1. Please formulate a complete sentence.

2. I'm not "many Realtor's."

Old 06-05-2009, 09:38 AM

Quote:
lol...Proof?
The fact that you need proof that taking money from an individual, means that individual has less money to spend, makes me extremely glad your not my realtor..

Old 06-05-2009, 09:40 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,972,786 times
Quote:
1. Please formulate a complete sentence.

2. I'm not "many Realtor's."
Oh, so you've blogged or otherwise have gone public concerning your disapproval with said incentives? I will shut up and apologize if you can cite a post on CD or otherwise denouncing these incentives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies