Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 02:23 AM

1,374 posts, read 1,305,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
So Republicans again, here is your chance. I'm asking you to provide me with your outline of what we should do now to fix the mess our country is in.

So far nobody has done that. This thread is your opportunity to explain to everybody here what you think she be done.

Any takers? Be specific.
Here is your chance to explain why Obama will not ruin our country???
So far is killing us!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2009, 05:36 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,232,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Then they must pity him, and probably hope that this nation will grow up.

I remember when foreigners said that they hated the U.S. Government, but loved its people.

Then they realized that the people were as dumb and evil as the Government.

The Obama election inspired many to believe that the American people just may not be so bad after all.

This is my reason for wanting the Bush administration incarcerated - it would verify with resolve what is necessary to get others to believe that the American people are not evil.
Pardon me, please. And my apologies upfront for the offence...

But that's just a load of crap.

Old 06-06-2009, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberta View Post
Bush is gone. Obama is in charge now. I don't care what Bush would do. What I want to know, is what is Obama going to do. He doesn't seem to have anything better in mind than Bush did. More spending--more debt--no good changes yet. He is obviously ruining our country, even worse than Bush did. I am a fan of neither--but so far, he is making Bush look almost good, by comparison.
Considering our pathetic Congresses for the last forty years, it's almost as though Bush held the country together. Obama has the opportunity to fix that Congressional mess but he's only making it worse.

As for the Arab world... MEMRI gives us a look at what they're thinking. Illustrations below the text.

Old 06-06-2009, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
Obviously to who??? It seems by the polls that hi approval is basically wingnuts disapprove and everyone else approves.
Well, since the Pole Cat party is bring out the polls again, here's a Rasmussen chart showing that the Big O has finally reached a big 0 in that approval index.

Old 06-06-2009, 06:28 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
We would not be apologizing to every third world dictatorship under the sun for liberating the oppressed subjects of one of those dictatorships. Wow, I never heard President Obama make such statements, could you provide the data showing he did such a thing? We would not have borrowed nearly a trillion dollars for a campaign slush fund being sold as a stimulus bill. Really? I have serious doubts about that, President Bush was doing excatly the same things as Obama is doing and McCain was going to continue the practice. Don't get me wrong, I am against the "stimulus" package as it was done, far too much money borrowed and not nearly enough accountability, we will pay for that with major inflation and it will now take much longer to rebound.We would not have quadrupled the deficit with a huge increase in spending for just about every area of the budget except missile defense. Bush was spending and borrowing like a drunken salior so that statement is only partially true. Yes we are not spending lots of money on missle defence and I agree we should not be, the cost verses the possible results were just not worth it. Plus we signed treaties that banned such defence systems and by do so any way we would make the arms race kick back into high gear again, something I am against. The interceptor system in AK was scaled down, and a prototype 747 with a missile destroying laser was scrapped at a time when new nuclear power N. Korea is testing a delivery system that could hit California.If you think China or the US will allow NK to get to the point that they can hit either nation with a nuke without reacting you are mistaken, just watch what happens next. That's prudent! We would not have nationalized banks, auto manufacturers and ACORN. FYI, it was President Bush that nationalized the Banks not the Demos or Obama. The automakers made their own bed and should have sunk or have had to go through bankruptcy reorganization to deal with their own problems. ACORN, they are a Nation institution now? We would at least be discussing school vouchers although the Democrats in Congress would never take the side of students over the NEA. The term was no child left behind, vouchers would have left Millions of children behind, so they are NOT the answer. Fix the public schools system, That is the answer.

I could probably go on about taxes, trimming the fat from the budget and producing our own affordable energy, but it doesn't really matter because America isn't ready to hear that just yet. Sure it is, the number of Indpendents these days proves that. What would have McCain done, lowered taxes on the rich and raised taxes on the middleclass, same old same. Bush had an excellent chance to resolve the issue once and for all but did not, and McCain isn't enough of a thinker to do it. What I am refering to is a flat or consumption tax, early on Bush was asked what he thought of such an idea, he said he was open to it, then nothing, why was that? Had Bush done so I believe we would not be in the major mess we are in today and we would have the money to pay off our debt. Trim the budget, heck yes, reform, not get rid of welfare, help those that need it and kick off those that are abusing it. While we are at it, cut off funding to other nations that have Proven they are not our friend, starting with Egypt. What America is willing to hear is that the difficult economic times and national security issues that have come along are the fault of one person. That is because this nation has been taught to stand around and point fingers while the barn burns down, it is always easier to do nothing and blame others instead of helping to solve the problem. The Partisan politics has run amuk and we as voters need to put an end to it. No need to stop spending money we don't have or say no to unqualified credit applicants since that would require us to say no to some of the left's favorite groups. They are now. FYI, not all banks were that stupid, those that were should pay the price for their failure at speculating.No call to risk offending Muslims by listening to their phone calls, detaining them or having a more intimate and honest discussion with them. I have no problem listening in on supects, but much prefer the agents get a warrant, it is the American way.Detain them sure, but everyone, even captured suspected terrorists should get their day in court, we are a nation of laws, let's apply them and move on.No need to go outside the UN to defend ourselves from unconventional enemies or act pro-actively in our own defense. I see no changes there, so either way the same results, except we are finally focusing on the area where those that started this war are hiding.

These things will come about on their own when the time is right, but not before. What will change between now and then is the level of pain we endure. We haven't experience enough pain yet. GWB is the victim of his policies success. Were we to have been hit a second time on the magnitude of 9/11, we would still have a few Hollywood turn-coat apologists calling for more dialog with our non-uniformed enemies, but the average American would still remember why we were standing shoulder to shoulder. Now it's just Oprah and CNN calling the shots.
While I agree for the most part with those statements, I see no difference with how McCain would have acted in this area and how Obama is today.
Casper

Old 06-06-2009, 08:28 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Three pages, 25 responses and only one semi-articulate response to the thread question.

Impressive.

Old 06-06-2009, 08:29 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
There is very little respect for the nation and people right now. All those Muslims and Europeans love Obama but still don't like the nation.

If you knew how this country was run for the past 8 years (which you do not) you would understand their hostility

Old 06-06-2009, 08:33 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roberta View Post
Bush is gone. Obama is in charge now. I don't care what Bush would do. What I want to know, is what is Obama going to do. He doesn't seem to have anything better in mind than Bush did. More spending--more debt--no good changes yet. He is obviously ruining our country, even worse than Bush did. I am a fan of neither--but so far, he is making Bush look almost good, by comparison.
What a wingnutty statement to make after 6 months.

I hate to break it to you, but your boy Dubya left Obama such a mess it will take other Presidents than he to repair all the damage.

If you are looking for quick fixes, forget it. Bush wreaked much more havoc to this country (and the Middle East) than Hurricane Katrina did to the Gulf Coast.

No comparison. And New Orleans is far from repaired

Old 06-06-2009, 03:28 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,844,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Bush is an idiot? Bush called for GSE oversight reform back in 2001. Guess who opposed it? Think the Democratically controlled Congress will go along with corporate tax reductions? The Fed is currently buying our own debt with monopoly money because the Saudis and Chinese don't have enough confidence to take on more of it. Don't look for that dollar to get stronger anytime soon.
yes, bush is an idiot. he spent like a liberal on crack for 8 years.

Old 06-06-2009, 10:29 PM

532 posts, read 859,278 times
Default Wing Nuts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
Obviously to who??? It seems by the polls that hi approval is basically wingnuts disapprove and everyone else approves.
God, how I hate that description. Doesn't anyone have a better term than "wing nuts? What limited vocalbularies. It sounds so juvenile, or. at least. uneducated. I hate to reply to a post that uses this silly title. I disapprove. and I certainly am not a "wingnut"--whatever that means. I am probably as smart as you are--at least. I go out on a limb, and make my own decisions, rather than join a "mindless group".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies