Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 01:04 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,850,129 times

Advertisements

Ron Paul's ultimate goals have not changed over the years he's been concerned by the impacts on the nation's economy.

"To understand how unwise it is to have the Federal Reserve, one must first understand the magnitude of the privileges they have," he wrote in a recent Straight Talk commentary. "They have been given the power to create money, by the trillions, and to give it to their friends, under any terms they wish, with little or no meaningful oversight or accountability."

Federal Reserve Transparency Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
The Federal Reserve Transparency Act of 2009 (H.R. 1207) is a bill introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives of the 111th United States Congress by Congressman Ron Paul (TX-14). The bill proposes a reformed audit of the Federal Reserve System (the "Fed") before the end of 2010
Quote:
Proponents state that the Fed has never been audited by Congress since the Fed's creation in 1913.[4][5] Until 2009, the idea of auditing the Fed was considered a low-minority political position, supported by groups like the John Birch Society.[6] However, there has been significant support for auditing and even abolishing the federal reserve among academic economists, including Nobel Laureates F.A. Hayek and Milton Friedman, though it should also be noted that economists such as Douglass North have provided significant evidence of the importance of a politically independent central bank. The Federal Reserve states that "the financial statements of the Federal Reserve Banks and the Board of Governors are audited annually by an independent outside auditor."[7] Paul says that the present audit process exempts the Fed's "most crucial activities".
Quote:
As of June 10, 2009, H.R. 1207 had 208 cosponsors, including 51 Democrats,[15] suggesting broad bipartisan support.[16][17] 218 votes are needed to pass any bill in the House.
I am in full support and proud to see my Rep supports it too! I think it's high time! Why wouldn't everybody support such a bill?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2009, 01:18 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
unfortunately it is for all intents and purposes dead in committee since february, where our congress actually wants it to stay, unless something drastic happens.
Search Results - THOMAS (Library of Congress)
i do urge anyone who is interested to contact their representative and urge the federal reserve audit. what do they have to hide? this website has a page where you can access your representative by state and link directly to their email. it could not be easier:
http://www.campaignforliberty.com/

Old 06-11-2009, 02:38 PM

3,106 posts, read 7,375,107 times
Sure would be nice to have some transparency.
Alas, will never happen.

I keep hoping for Bill HR 450 to pass.
So, why would Congress NOT pass a bill that requires them to abide by the Constitution?
Hmmmmmmmmm.
Quote:

H.R.450
Title: To require Congress to specify the source of authority under the United States Constitution for the enactment of laws, and for other purposes. Search Results - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

Old 06-11-2009, 03:44 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,682,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chele123 View Post
Ron Paul's ultimate goals have not changed over the years he's been concerned by the impacts on the nation's economy.

"To understand how unwise it is to have the Federal Reserve, one must first understand the magnitude of the privileges they have," he wrote in a recent Straight Talk commentary. "They have been given the power to create money, by the trillions, and to give it to their friends, under any terms they wish, with little or no meaningful oversight or accountability."

Federal Reserve Transparency Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am in full support and proud to see my Rep supports it too! I think it's high time! Why wouldn't everybody support such a bill?
Sorry common sense and truth have no place in this forum.
Lets talk about Palin, Obama and gay marriage.
I support the bill just as I supported him for president I feel the education level on the governments role and the money supply is lacking.

Old 06-11-2009, 05:28 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,971,196 times
Default HR1207 has majority support in house

Paul (TX14) - Press Releases - Audit the Fed Bill Reaches Crucial Benchmark (http://www.house.gov/apps/list/press/tx14_paul/audit.shtml - broken link)

This arrogant fool is going to need a whole lot more prayin'

Old 06-11-2009, 05:58 PM

3,106 posts, read 7,375,107 times
You think the bill is a bad thing?
Why?

Old 06-11-2009, 06:01 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,971,196 times
The bill is very good. I'm just saying that Bernanke is going to be needing a whole lot of praying to slow down the momentum.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:15 PM

Great news! I sure hope it passes!

Old 06-11-2009, 08:18 PM

HR 1207 has exceeded the 218 it needed!

Paul (TX14) - Press Releases - Audit the Fed Bill Reaches Crucial Benchmark (http://www.house.gov/apps/list/press/tx14_paul/audit.shtml - broken link)
Quote:
For Immediate Release
June 11, 2009

Audit the Fed Bill Reaches Crucial Benchmark

Washington, D.C. - Congressman Ron Paul's Federal Reserve Transparency Act, HR 1207, has reached and surpassed the level of 218 cosponsors in the House of Representatives, which means it is now cosponsored by a majority of the members.

The 218th cosponsor was Dennis Kucinich (OH-10), and the bill has since received its 222nd cosponsor.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Sorry common sense and truth have no place in this forum.
Lets talk about Palin, Obama and gay marriage.
I support the bill just as I supported him for president I feel the education level on the governments role and the money supply is lacking.
I couldn't agree with you more!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies