Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 12:36 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,210,102 times

Advertisements

So aren't they admitting that no matter what

Iran does, we just want to nuke 'me . Just because.

It doesn't matter if Iran applies to become the
51st state. It doesn't matter if Iran sends us postcards

with kittens and flowers.

It isn't about Iran. It is about the need to manufacture
a crisis to justify our hatred and paranoia.
Think Progress » Neocons Claim Iranian Elections Don’t Matter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2009, 12:38 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
I believe the Iranian elections do matter. It will be a test of the reach of the olive branch Obama has extended. Something good could come from Ahmedinejad being ousted. Do I believe that Iran's nuclear ambitions will be put aside because of it? Not in a million years.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:44 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times
Iranian elections don't matter any more than Iraqi elections mattered when Saddam was in power. A religious genocidal dictatorship is still a religious genocidal dictatorship no matter who is put into power. Only the incredibly naive and inexperienced Affirmative Action President and his devote kool-aid drinkers think the Iranian election will make any difference.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:17 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,210,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Iranian elections don't matter any more than Iraqi elections mattered when Saddam was in power. A religious genocidal dictatorship is still a religious genocidal dictatorship no matter who is put into power. Only the incredibly naive and inexperienced Affirmative Action President and his devote kool-aid drinkers think the Iranian election will make any difference.
We'll have to wait and see. With the neocons using the fear as you chose to is disheartening at best.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:20 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post

Of course they say that. There is a possiblility that the more pro-American candidate might win, and the neo-cons don't want that because Obama might end up with a morsel of the credit for it.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:22 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,479,243 times
Actually, many people in Iran seem to think the election will make a difference. Must be Kool-Aid exports, I guess...

Old 06-12-2009, 01:22 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post

Wow Dukester, I see your churning up the hate today. If you knew anything, You would know that the Iranian "president" has no more power than Queen Elizabeth does over the British Empire. The President answers to the "Supreme leader"--the Ayatollah Ali Khamenei. Nice try though trying to smear conservatives. You fail again.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:32 PM

195 posts, read 127,683 times
I can't wait for the day when the new president of Iran meets with Obama, face to face. Our people don't hate Iranians and Iranian people don't hate Americans. It's the Neo cons in America that hate the Neo Cons in Iran and the Neo cons in Iran hate the Neo cons in America. So lets put them all in the desert with guns and missles and let them fight themselves!!!! Oh I forgot...our neo cons are chicken ****s!!!! They don't fight, no wonder they need the US military to do the fighting for them!!!! Peaces of ****e they are!!!

Old 06-12-2009, 01:33 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djm666 View Post
I can't wait for the day when the new president of Iran meets with Obama, face to face. Our people don't hate Iranians and Iranian people don't hate Americans. It's the Neo cons in America that hate the Neo Cons in Iran and the Neo cons in Iran hate the Neo cons in America. So lets put them all in the desert with guns and missles and let them fight themselves!!!! Oh I forgot...our neo cons are chicken ****s!!!! They don't fight, no wonder they need the US military to do the fighting for them!!!! Peaces of ****e they are!!!
What new President? Have the elections been decided? I don't see a peep of the election results anywhere proclaiming Ahmedinejad's defeat.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:35 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,342,697 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies