Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 08:58 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,842,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
Perfect example. Here we have a Republican that is too ignorant to write his own post.

And when have you ever heard a Democrat refer to higher education as a bad thing? Of course... we both know that you haven't, because Democrats support and extol the virtues of education. Unlike the Sarah Palin crowd, who make a point of referring to people with degrees as somehow flawed Americans. It's unbelievable how far the GOP has sunk in recent years. But then, after reading your post and realizing that you were so uncreative in your thinking that you simply cut and pasted what I had already written, does illustrate for everyone exactly why your party is in the political toilette.

when they use the word, "legacy."

Old 06-18-2009, 09:01 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,328,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
is this a generic gripe, or were you planning on providing a link?

GOP.com Republican National Committee

Breaking News | Latest News | Current News - FOXNews.com

Either one of those sites will offer you hundreds of examples of just how low the GOP has sunk at this point.

Old 06-18-2009, 09:04 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,904,593 times
Quote:
Perfect example. Here we have a Republican that is too ignorant to write his own post.

And when have you ever heard a Democrat refer to higher education as a bad thing? Of course... we both know that you haven't, because Democrats support and extol the virtues of education. Unlike the Sarah Palin crowd, who make a point of referring to people with degrees as somehow flawed Americans. It's unbelievable how far the GOP has sunk in recent years. But then, after reading your post and realizing that you were so uncreative in your thinking that you simply cut and pasted what I had already written, does illustrate for everyone exactly why your party is in the political toilette.
Here we have a Democrat that's too stupid to realize that I'm not a Republican ..

Old 06-18-2009, 09:13 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,328,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
Here we have someone too stupid to realize that I'm not a Republican ..
Right... I get it that you are someone with absolutely no solutions of your own and you spend your time throwing stones in every direction because you have such a poor understanding of how our political process works that you think there is no point in supporting any cause or party. Just another malcontent with a computer that has no idea how to affect change in American politics today. Sad really...

There is a HUGE difference between Democrats and Republicans and the dems are clearly the better choice to lead this country. As demonstrated by the last 5 months of adult leadership in the White House.

Old 06-18-2009, 09:21 PM

134 posts, read 151,199 times
One of the smartest politicians in Washington was Newt Gingrich. Every democrat is afraid to debate him. Look who's speaker now....Nancy (I don't lie) pelosi. Hell, Pelosi is a mental midget compared to Newt.

Old 06-18-2009, 09:23 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,704,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
And with that, I'll ask;

Why must Democrats "Celebrate Stupid" at every turn?

It's impossible to find a single intelligent leader in the Democratic Party at the national level right now. They have absolutely no solutions of their own and spend every minute of every day tearing down the Republicans and anyone who is educated. In fact, every chance they get they insult people with educations as "elitists." When did "celebrating stupid" become a party platform?

See how that works? ...

Life is a two way street in this country ... Get over yourself ..

(democrats and republicans are both dumber than a box of rocks these days)
Unfortunately, the argument doesn't go both ways. There's a very strong and pronounced anti-intellectualism at the heart of conservative values today - and an even heavier hatred of the educated mind (they believe that when people develop their minds to think analytically and see that the status quo doesn't work, that they are being brainwashed).

Which is odd, because conservatism used to be about excelling and succeeding. Michael Steele still talks of this brand, but he is fighting a mighty wind.

So long as someone like Sarah Palin is even considered a contender, this fact will remain. I'd say Paul Ryan and Bobby Jindal are intelligent Republican hopefuls.

Old 06-18-2009, 09:23 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,340,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keedy View Post
One of the smartest politicians in Washington was Newt Gingrich. Every democrat is afraid to debate him. Look who's speaker now....Nancy (I don't lie) pelosi. Hell, Pelosi is a mental midget compared to Newt.
and you know this because???

Old 06-18-2009, 09:30 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,904,593 times
Quote:
Right... I get it that you are someone with absolutely no solutions of your own and you spend your time throwing stones in every direction because you have such a poor understanding of how our political process works that you think there is no point in supporting any cause or party. Just another malcontent with a computer that has no idea how to affect change in American politics today. Sad really...

There is a HUGE difference between Democrats and Republicans and the dems are clearly the better choice to lead this country. As demonstrated by the last 5 months of adult leadership in the White House.
Sure ... anything you say ..

So you won the White House ... So what?
Having a few bucks and a stuffed shirt doesn't qualify anyone for anything, much less being the President of the United States.

The fact of the matter is that neither the Democrats or the Republicans are qualified to do anything ...

They both ignore us, our country, and our constitution ... They refuse to listen to the American people ... They do what "they feel" would be best for the nation ... like we are all a bunch of 3 year olds or something.

The Democrats will never make a difference with insidous posts such as these ... nor will the Republicans.

The Democrats, and the Republicans are losing credibility in America in a very big way these days, and still, they go on and on with stupid snide little remarks to each other.

The nation is slipping right through your fingers, and because you both spend so much time bickering amongst yourselves, you won't even notice that it's left until it's too late ...

If there was ever a time in this nations history that Republicans and Democrats needed to work together, it would be now ... but both are just too damned stupid to realize that ... they'ld much rather just tear each other down at every turn.

Old 06-18-2009, 09:34 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,031,855 times
Quote:
It's impossible to find a single intelligent leader in the Republican Party at the national level right now. They have absolutely no solutions of their own and spend every minute of every day tearing down the Democrats and anyone who is educated. In fact, every chance they get they insult people with educations as "elitists." When did "celebrating stupid" become a party platform?
It happened in the 1980's, with the rise of the 'moral majority' (which is NEITHER), the 'christian coalition' and the insertion of religion into the GOP. During that time and since, the GOP has thrown away all they stood for and adopted a book of myths, fables, superstitions and anti-science that we politely refer to as the bible. Extreme whack job fundies on the far right have turned the GOP into a joke; we need to boot them out of the political process along with anyone who now refers to themselves as republican. We have to take back our country from such buffoons.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 06-18-2009, 09:40 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,208,506 times
Quote:
It's impossible to find a single intelligent leader in the Republican Party at the national level right now. They have absolutely no solutions of their own and spend every minute of every day tearing down the Democrats and anyone who is educated. In fact, every chance they get they insult people with educations as "elitists." When did "celebrating stupid" become a party platform?
Probably why they have a 28% favorable job rating performance in Congress. With the likes of Michelle (Nutjob) Bachmann, Mitch (just say no) McConnell, John (I'm drunk) Boehner, David (Wheres my diaper) Vitter, Eric (I'm no flip flopper) Cantor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies